online bullying causes suicide

G

godzgdguy

means be careful who you online bully especially if you really be joking.....i can take it but some cant.....some or lots has already taking their lives because of online bullying.....means be careful who you online bully

G

godzgdguy

i know you all know this but i say it again because i recently read about a japanese or chinese wrestler that killed herself (about a month ago) because she was online bullied

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Depends...Kids today are Woke....They can't take any form of criticism.!

Us older generation are made of stronger stuff.!

In my case...I'm made of STEEL...! ;):)

G

godzgdguy

You're a nice guy underneath. Never mind what others say about you.;)
Online i dont..... i been called lots of negative things online even had some death threats and none of them hurt me

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Online i dont..... i been called lots of negative things online even had some death threats and none of them hurt me

They are just words on a screen...You are worth more than that. ;)

BizarreBabe

The Biz!
Reaction score
You have a point. I feel bad. Quite often I'm taken too seriously and I'm misunderstood. To me I'm just joking. I'd hate to actually touch a raw nerve and destroy someone. Thanks for the reminder.

G

godzgdguy

You have a point. I feel bad. Quite often I'm taken too seriously and I'm misunderstood. To me I'm just joking. I'd hate to actually touch a raw nerve and destroy someone. Thanks for the reminder.
welcome

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There are consequences that come with the actions and words we choose to use when conversing with people, either online or offline in the real world. I don't think we understand the damage we could be causing to someone mentally, even if we mean it in a harmless way. That person may be greatly impacted in some way by what we say and do. So i think it's always something to keep in mind when we engage with others.

G

godzgdguy

There are consequences that come with the actions and words we choose to use when conversing with people, either online or offline in the real world. I don't think we understand the damage we could be causing to someone mentally, even if we mean it in a harmless way. That person may be greatly impacted in some way by what we say and do. So i think it's always something to keep in mind when we engage with others.
100% right

TheThinker

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I simply cannot see how ANYONE can allow themselves to be "Bullied" online,,,, people choose to read whats online or they can choose not to,, just like the ignore button in chat,,, if you cannot accept what is written then maybe being on a forum or chatroom is not for you.
Just my humble opinion.
btw I actually couldn't give 2 flying F**K's what is typed about me ;-)

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I simply cannot see how ANYONE can allow themselves to be "Bullied" online,,,, people choose to read whats online or they can choose not to,, just like the ignore button in chat,,, if you cannot accept what is written then maybe being on a forum or chatroom is not for you.
Just my humble opinion.

Different people with different mindsets. Some are stronger than others. Somebody could say something nasty to you, you could then laugh it off, and completely forget about it. Others might take it to heart and it ruins their day because they're constantly reminded of it. So it's all about different mindsets and how each person is individually wired. It's about building that resistance against negativity.
I think it's a lot more complex then someone just allowing themselves to read what's online or choose not to. I think some people don't understand or expect some not very nice people, who may say some not very nice things about them. They're not prepared for it. And they may not cope with all that comes with using these sites.

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
From personal experience, some people enter into chat believing that it may provide happiness, that they have desperately tried to achieve for one reason or another and depending upon their mental stability, they can believe that all that is seen on the screen is completely true. The room becomes real, in my case an old style french cafe! The stronger chatters become the the perfects, the group of people you want to be associated with. However, this was years ago and luckily for me had some very good friends that realised I was going through some sort of mental breakdown.
Anyway, from my chat and life experiences, I always try to be positive, friendly and most definitely kind as I am aware that the person I am chatting to might be another me without the 'bounce back' ability I luckily possess! So people be kind and don't believe all that you seen on your screen! :)

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

You ignominious, egregious, lying twat!

No, but seriously: I agree with you regarding bullying. In the real world it is probably quite daunting but in the chat world it is totally avoidable.
The solution to persistent haranguing or personal affront is entirely at every chatter's disposal: The legendary 'block' button.
Sometimes I think the alleged instigators of goading are the ones being goaded themselves.
In either case, that option still remains. So, NO excuses!
:rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Depends...Kids today are Woke....They can't take any form of criticism.!

Us older generation are made of stronger stuff.!

In my case...I'm made of STEEL...! ;):)

Plus you've got your protective cloak to deflect any criticism. ;)
I think that egos and super egos are more fragile nowadays because young people strive to be too idealistic and any deviation from that is frowned upon.
Essentially, I think it all boils down to insecurity. Failure to meet certain standards appears to be one of the greatest stresses of today.
Criticism is more prevalent now than ever before. You have got to adapt and learn to live with it.

Slayer

Al-Qur'an 2:21.
Reaction score
some people enter into chat believing that it may provide happiness, that they have desperately tried to achieve for one reason or another and depending upon their mental stability, they can believe that all that is seen on the screen is completely true. The room becomes real

Good point and I agree. A lot of people come here seeking happiness, comfort, and human interaction. Especially because we live in a day and age where we don't even know who our next-door neighbor is. Best to keep our egos out of the chat and be respectful and polite to one another.

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
means be careful who you online bully especially if you really be joking.....i can take it but some cant.....some or lots has already taking their lives because of online bullying.....means be careful who you online bully

I disagree most suicides are from shame, self guilt or a feeling of self worthlessness or a combination of all 3

There is always gonna be nasty people online or off but the suicide will not be strictly because that person bullied them it would be a culmination of other things entirely. It will be the depression and despair which sends them over the edge not because someone said mean words it was other areas in their life they couldn't address, rectify or figure out to get the point where mean words could send them over the edge.

Slayer

Al-Qur'an 2:21.
Reaction score
I disagree most suicides are from shame, self guilt or a feeling of self worthlessness or a combination of all 3

There is always gonna be nasty people online or off but the suicide will not be strictly because that person bullied them it would be a culmination of other things entirely. It will be the depression and despair which sends them over the edge not because someone said mean words it was other areas in their life they couldn't address, rectify or figure out to get the point where mean words could send them over the edge.

Disagree.

- 'most suicides are from shame, self guilt or a feeling of self worthlessness or a combination of all 3'
Not everything is an internal factor. Shame, guilt and feeling of worthlessness can be caused by people around you, it can be caused by your friends and family and also, by people online. I mean, look at Youtubers these days, they're all miserable and depressed. A good example is the case of Etika. You don't wanna watch his final suicide video.

- 'but the suicide will not be strictly because that person bullied them it would be a culmination of other things entirely.'
Not true. The case of Amanda Todd will tell you otherwise. She took her life purely due to online bullying, nothing else. That's just one of the many cases out there.

- 'It will be the depression and despair which sends them over the edge not because someone said mean words it was other areas in their life they couldn't address, rectify or figure out to get the point where mean words could send them over the edge'
You cannot simply say that people who kill themselves do it mainly because of depression and despair when we all know that cyberbullying alone can kill someone who has never been depressed in their life before.

- Can cyberbullying add to an already messed up/depressed individual's life? Yes, absolutely. But at the same time, cyberbullying alone can kill someone because we are social creatures and no one likes to be the outcast.

Back