Team Johnny or Team Amber?

C

CrazyCatLady

In recent weeks, the defamation case between Johnny Depp & Amber Heard has gained a lot of media coverage. Depp is claiming that Heard damaged his career and reputation with domestic abuse claims and is suing her for around $38m, while she has made a countersuit for around $78m accusing him of a smear campaign against her. In a case that has seen many big names get mentioned (e.g.: Elton John, Paul Bettany, James Franco), the court have seen a number of videos where both Depp and Heard are heard arguing and where Depp has been seen slamming cupboards, and has been recorded under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. There have also been a number of texts shown to the court, where Depp has had conversations with friends, creatively talking about Heard being drowned and burned as a witch, as well as other slurs, such as 'c*nt'. Heard also accuses Depp of taking her hostage for 3 days, however, this claim did not surface until he made the defamation claim.

On the flip side, Heard allegedly threw vodka bottles at Depp, with one breaking and severing the top of his finger. She is also accused of regularly physically abusing Depp, stabbing a cigarette out on his face, defecating on his bed and being emotionally abusive (e.g.: using his children against him, calling him an old fat man).

While Depp has a reputation for being a Hollywood 'bad boy' and enjoying a good party, he doesn't have a reputation for being controlling or violent. His ex-partner, Vanessa Paradis, has been respectfully quiet on the whole case, yet at the beginning of the accusations in 2016, she admitted that they had their issues in the marriage, due to his addictions, but declared that her relationship with Depp had not been abusive. Heard, on the other hand, can't say the same. In 2009, she was arrested for misdemeanour domestic abuse against her partner at the time, Tasya Van Ree.

Yes- it's Hollywood, a million (or so) miles away from Brighty Blighty, but do you think it's shedding a spotlight on female domestic abusers and male victims (Team Johnny) or do you believe Johnny is playing the victim and really, Heard is the victim here (Team Amber)?

S

Saphire

Oddly, I hadn't followed this case at all.
But then last night I watched a couple of vids (including Amber videoing Johnny slamming kitchen doors and stomping round the kitchen in a drunken state) I read a few texts Johnny sent to Elton and others, calling her a w****, and the one about burning her and f***ing her dead body....(nice) He has made the accusation that there was human poo in the bed, implying she had deliberately put it there...and a few other pretty disgusting things said and allegedly done to one another.

I honestly think neither of them will come out of this with any dignity intact, and I bet they can wave goodbye to their careers too.
Who will win in court?? I don't know, I do believe she has been scared of him sometimes, I believe they have both been violent with each other. And I did see that he had said some derogatory things about his first wife and mother to his children, though she has kept her dignity and peace.

So far, from what I have seen...Amber seems to have video proof of his violent nature...at least with inanimate objects, does he?
I saw his severed finger, he blames her for that, she said he did it himself, so who knows?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Team Johnny for me...
Amber Heard pledged to donate her entire multi-million dollar divorce settlement to charities and a children's hospital in L.A. The hospital and
charities are still waiting for it. :rolleyes:

C

CrazyCatLady

Team Johnny for me...
Amber Heard pledged to donate her entire multi-million dollar divorce settlement to charities and a children's hospital in L.A. The hospital and
charities are still waiting for it. :rolleyes:
She also claimed she used a brand of make-up to cover bruises she had sustained from Depp, but it was evidenced in court that the make-up hadn't been created at the time.

C

CrazyCatLady

It's all quite sad. In true American style, they have to take something like a domestic abuse case and turn it in to a media driven soap opera.
Clearly, they both have issues and as they were both independently financial people, I can't see why they stayed in such a toxic relationship. A lot with Heard though doesn't add up and so far, she's coming across as a bit of money driven psychopath and Depp, as a vulnerable addict.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
In recent weeks, the defamation case between Johnny Depp & Amber Heard has gained a lot of media coverage. Depp is claiming that Heard damaged his career and reputation with domestic abuse claims and is suing her for around $38m, while she has made a countersuit for around $78m accusing him of a smear campaign against her. In a case that has seen many big names get mentioned (e.g.: Elton John, Paul Bettany, James Franco), the court have seen a number of videos where both Depp and Heard are heard arguing and where Depp has been seen slamming cupboards, and has been recorded under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. There have also been a number of texts shown to the court, where Depp has had conversations with friends, creatively talking about Heard being drowned and burned as a witch, as well as other slurs, such as 'c*nt'. Heard also accuses Depp of taking her hostage for 3 days, however, this claim did not surface until he made the defamation claim.

On the flip side, Heard allegedly threw vodka bottles at Depp, with one breaking and severing the top of his finger. She is also accused of regularly physically abusing Depp, stabbing a cigarette out on his face, defecating on his bed and being emotionally abusive (e.g.: using his children against him, calling him an old fat man).

While Depp has a reputation for being a Hollywood 'bad boy' and enjoying a good party, he doesn't have a reputation for being controlling or violent. His ex-partner, Vanessa Paradis, has been respectfully quiet on the whole case, yet at the beginning of the accusations in 2016, she admitted that they had their issues in the marriage, due to his addictions, but declared that her relationship with Depp had not been abusive. Heard, on the other hand, can't say the same. In 2009, she was arrested for misdemeanour domestic abuse against her partner at the time, Tasya Van Ree.

Yes- it's Hollywood, a million (or so) miles away from Brighty Blighty, but do you think it's shedding a spotlight on female domestic abusers and male victims (Team Johnny) or do you believe Johnny is playing the victim and really, Heard is the victim here (Team Amber)?

I think they are both fecking idiots who need to grow the feck up and realise that resentment is destructive to anyone involved in it.

Any long term relationship must be built on either trust or percieved trust.
On respect or percieved respect.
On compromise or percieved compromise.

It depends on the character of the people involved.

Usually it requires actual trust, respect and compromise to form a lasting relationship, but not always.
Some people will simply be happy acting the part so they dont have to explain thier own actions internally.
Some are narcissists, some sociopaths, some have deep seated responsibility issues.

In the end, whirlwind romances like thiers are as volatile as the people involved.
They never took the time to "Know" each other.
Hence it's a chit show of epic stupidity.

S

Saphire

It's all quite sad. In true American style, they have to take something like a domestic abuse case and turn it in to a media driven soap opera.
Clearly, they both have issues and as they were both independently financial people, I can't see why they stayed in such a toxic relationship. A lot with Heard though doesn't add up and so far, she's coming across as a bit of money driven psychopath and Depp, as a vulnerable addict.
I wonder what possessed them to air all this out in the public view.
Self-destructive to the end.

Dolores

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I really hope that when this all ends, Johnny Depp will be in position to look at her eyes and say: " You will always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow! " :)

A

AGirlHasNoName

This is a classic toxic relationship, where 2 people are so bad for each other it turns completely volatile and violent. Amber seems extremely unwell and vicious and Johnny seems quite messed up from past trauma. I do think Amber was the main instigator in it, very abusive.

Either way, neither of them are going to come out of this looking good. Their careers are done.

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Didn't Amber dump her do's in Johnny's bed? I wonder if she wore a mini skirt and high heels?

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I wonder what possessed them to air all this out in the public view.
Self-destructive to the end.
She's nutty as a fruitcake. I can tell from what she's wearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Johnny will win the case. WHY?

Because HE is telling the truth. Nitty Gritty and all.

Amber is lying through her teeth.

Case Closed.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Amber lying about PTSD, stress, getting hit etc. Pt1

''Borderline personality disorder and histrionic personality disorder." A psychologist who examined Amber Heard testified the results of her evaluation.

S

Saphire

Johnny had no choice, he was accused of being a wife-beater, a career ending accusation.
A horrible situation to be in, but washing all their dirty linen in public has done him no favours either.
Whoever wins may have a better chance to salvage something ... but tbh, Depp looks awful now, and Heard just seems like a nutcase.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
A horrible situation to be in, but washing all their dirty linen in public has done him no favours either.
Whoever wins may have a better chance to salvage something ... but tbh, Depp looks awful now, and Heard just seems like a nutcase.
Depp looks awful?....ARE YOU FUCKING SURPRISED.!

His whole PRIVATE life has just been exposed by a fucking Psycho.

Fucking WAKE UP.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
They are both as bad as each other. Depp was a fool to pursue this case, it has shattered his already tarnished image. I don't have any time for Heard, she is an appalling human being.
Looking on the bright side, this will be his one starring role for a very long time!

S

Saphire

Amber Heard took the stand yesterday.
The video and text are online....really horrible to see and to listen to.:(

She has had so much backlash, I predict a lot more after she gave her evidence yesterday...but then he has so many fans doesn't he?

There will be now be a week long break till the courtcase resumes.

Back