Legal Texas Gun Owners Kill Less Than Half As Often As Brits

A

American

Legal Texas Gun Owners Have a Lower Murder Rate than Britain

Over a million people in Texas are licensed to carry a firearm, and the state publishes a report on the crimes they commit. In 2016, two were convicted of murder and another two were convicted of manslaughter. If they formed their own country, its per capita homicide rate would be about 0.4 per 100,000 residents.
Now let’s compare that to the 2016 homicide rate in the UK which has banned guns within the country. According to the stats from the Office of National Statistics, Britain has a .99 homicide rate per 100,000.

In short, Texas’s legal and trained gun owning population is statistically safer than Britain’s gun-free population. You have a higher chance of survival at a Texas gun show than you would on a British street.

These are your Trump-voting NRA members, the hardworking blue-collar citizens of America, and they are the safest, kindest, most down-to-Earth people on the planet.

These people have a love of guns, usually owning several, and yet, even with those guns, they're far safer than the average U.K. resident. The data shows they murder less than half as often.

The next time you hear an ignoramus blame the NRA and its members for gun violence in America, and I know it's a common occurrence in the BBC-indoctrinated U.K., I want you to educate that ignoramus. Inform them of the above statistic, and then demand they apologize for spreading ignorance and lies.

Last edited by a moderator:

davii

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting - what's the source, and what's their take on including non legal gun owners etc.

A

AGirlHasNoName

And we all know who is committing most of the violent crime in London, since Sadiq Khan was made mayor crime has gone through the roof, there were 4 knife deaths in the first few hours of 2018 in London, all committed by black youths to black youths. Rape, homicide, moped gangs, burglaries all UP to an all time high! Terror attacks, Muslim grooming gangs, hate crime at an all time high.

But the lefties will insist that multiculturalism works - it definitely doesn't.

J

JustinCredible

Someone suggested instead of banning guns they should ban schools..I'm not sure about that though .. . . .

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Legal Texas Gun Owners Have a Lower Murder Rate than Britain

These are your Trump-voting NRA members, the hardworking blue-collar citizens of America, and they are the safest, kindest, most down-to-Earth people on the planet.

These people have a love of guns, usually owning several, and yet, even with those guns, they're far safer than the average U.K. resident. The data shows they murder less than half as often.

The next time you hear an ignoramus blame the NRA and its members for gun violence in America, and I know it's a common occurrence in the BBC-indoctrinated U.K., I want you to educate that ignoramus. Inform them of the above statistic, and then demand they apologize for spreading ignorance and lies.

We first need to establish the population of each country as It's majorly important. There's roughly 66 million people living and working in the UK right now. You compare that with 340 million Americans, and It's a huge difference. Population is an important factor when we're talking about crime rates of countries, especially in poorer areas.

The UK, like any country in the world, has It's rich and fibrous areas, and also It's deprived areas. There is statistically a higher rate of crime in deprived areas. However, let's not be fooled into thinking that crime doesn't happen in those prosperous areas. British organised crime are run by firms, and run all different criminal activities. It's not only in one area of the UK either, no, It's all over the UK.

On the whole owning guns issue, especially when talking about the US. There is a responsibility, and no, not all gun owners are bad. In fact, many lives have been saved during shooting incidents, where the owner of the firearm was able to take out the gunman and prevent more injuries and fatal deaths from occurring.

J

JustinCredible

And within hours of this tragedy people were using it as a stick to beat President Trump with..I guess people will always push their own agendas . . .

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
And within hours of this tragedy people were using it as a stick to beat President Trump with..I guess people will always push their own agendas . . .

Can you imagine how many more lives would be lost if they did ban the rights to own guns. I know remember there were cases where armed citizens have taken down assailants looking to inflict fatal harm on innocent citizens. I think teachers should be required to learn how to use firearms to protect students. What do you think?

J

JustinCredible

If they were successful in banning the right to own a gun would they then try to ban knives? There's been 15 people stabbed to death in London this year already.. If the 15 had been stabbed at the same time there would have been a similar outcry over here but as the murders were spread out over a couple of months it somehow lessens it . . .

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If they were successful in banning the right to own a gun would they then try to ban knives? There's been 15 people stabbed to death in London this year already.. If the 15 had been stabbed at the same time there would have been a similar outcry over here but as the murders were spread out over a couple of months it somehow lessens it . . .

There seems to be a rise in acid attacks in London too. Associated with gangs and the criminal underworld. Why aren't these incidents investigated and stopped? Because the criminal underworld and organised crime is so powerful. It's an organisation worth billions, and run all sorts of shady operations including drugs, prostitution, slavery and other despicable atrocities.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You two been reading to many papers yes there been knife crime in uk but its 100% safer to live here than in America

J

JustinCredible

If you went to live in the U.S would you buy a gun? absolutely!

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Why I wouldt live there been got the tee-shirt

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
London is save what makes you think its not ok theres places I wouldt go in London

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Can one usefully compare homicides committed by gun licence holders vs. those committed by non-licence holders? Presumably, it is the non-licence holders who are committing most illegal killings with guns because the licence holders would have them for sport, etc. while gangsters and other crims would probably have got hold of them underground. I don't think many people with criminal records would be handed a gun licence. I would imagine most people who need to get hold of a gun for less wholesome activities would do so illegally. I would also imagine there are such people in the UK and the USA and that's a statistic that cannot be measured; the people on whom Texas publishes its report are probably NOT gangsters and so we cannot really compare the actions of those who hold firearms legally in the USA with those who hold them illegally in the UK.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Can you imagine how many more lives would be lost if they did ban the rights to own guns. I know remember there were cases where armed citizens have taken down assailants looking to inflict fatal harm on innocent citizens. I think teachers should be required to learn how to use firearms to protect students. What do you think?
If anyone tried it with my students, I'd club them to death with the hockey stick that lives behind my desk. :D

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If anyone tried it with my students, I'd club them to death with the hockey stick that lives behind my desk. :D

s-l300.jpg

Back