Minecraft

D

Dardii

Is it unusual for this 49 yr old woman to be hooked on Minecraft?! Blame my Son..

I was designing so much on there that I used up all the banners.

Can't however get my head around pistons, and switches etc. I'll leave all that tech stuff to my Son, who clearly is a professional.

MillieW

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
My son got me into it many years ago. Now my daughter is using it, and i have it on my laptop so we can multiplayer. I can mine for diamonds for hours. It's mindfulness.

D

Dardii

Again I'm telling you, I'm so glad it's not just me.. Lol.

I've never mined for diamonds, is that on survival? I just can't go there. I like peaceful, what with me being all angelic.. :p

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
My son got me into it many years ago. Now my daughter is using it, and i have it on my laptop so we can multiplayer. I can mine for diamonds for hours. It's mindfulness.
Fun fact : Adolf Hitler was an aficionado of the game. He used to play it for hours, pitting his pseudo-Aryan wits against Eve Braun. And he wrote about his struggles with it in a book much less well known than his autobiography. It was called "Mein kampf mit Minecraft". He may have been a bit of a maniac but at least he could alliterate.

D

Dardii

Fun fact : Adolf Hitler was an aficionado of the game. He used to play it for hours, pitting his pseudo-Aryan wits against Eve Braun. And he wrote about his struggles with it in a book much less well known than his autobiography. It was called "Mein kampf mit Minecraft". He may have been a bit of a maniac but at least he could alliterate.

Jeezo, I'm not as clever. I can't even open doors in Minecraft half the time, I pull the wrong trigger.. Then diggy - dig - dig - dig... door is no more..

I'm currently learning to drive, in real life.. Just saying lol

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Jeezo, I'm not as clever. I can't even open doors in Minecraft half the time, I pull the wrong trigger.. Then diggy - dig - dig - dig... door is no more..

Gawd, not ANOTHER damn woman on the roads of Britain. I guess that'll mean yet ANOTHER hike in my motor insurance! :D

D

Dardii

I'm afraid so, and this woman also (so it's turned out) has road rage. I always knew I had pedestrian rage and pillion rage, but fining out I've car road rage, well.. Cherry on the cake.

MillieW

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score

Daughter - "Mam, stop destroying everything". Me - "I'll just put it back kid, it's alright." I do know to stay away from the glass, but doors - no problem. And I have the knack of throwing everything away too.

Do you similarly feel terrified of falling in the Nether? or is it just my fear of heights that does it?

D

Dardii

Daughter - "Mam, stop destroying everything". Me - "I'll just put it back kid, it's alright." I do know to stay away from the glass, but doors - no problem. And I have the knack of throwing everything away too.

Do you similarly feel terrified of falling in the Nether? or is it just my fear of heights that does it?

My son only built a portal to the nether 2 days ago for me, I was uber curious about it, so I went through (we play split screen) and I was on flat ground with wee fire pits dotted here and there, I started to wonder off thinking to myself that it aint as bad as the hype suggested, but when I turned round this huge wall.. No.. Mahoosive wall was there. Could it be you're up there and that's the height you mean?
Son shouted on me to return back to saftey, which I did, then he destroyed the portal, and had point blank refused to let me go back..!

D

Dardii

I'm a generous kinda guy, everyone knows that. :D:D (Many might disagree)

Ahhh but being generous with me is either you being very brave or very stupid (especially with my skill or lack of in regards to driving), so wich is it?

B

Bad_Influence

Ahhh but being generous with me is either you being very brave or very stupid (especially with my skill or lack of in regards to driving), so wich is it?

Stupidly brave, obviously.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My grandson was 8 when he started using it and he said 'Nanna stay away dont touch mine craft'. So i never been tempted by it He is now 14 still plays it.

D

Dardii

My grandson was 8 when he started using it and he said 'Nanna stay away dont touch mine craft'. So i never been tempted by it He is now 14 still plays it.

My eldest Grandson loves it too. He's 10 going on 30. He also joins in on split screen. Don't you fancy becoming a rebel and actually trying it?

MillieW

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
My son only built a portal to the nether 2 days ago for me, I was uber curious about it, so I went through (we play split screen) and I was on flat ground with wee fire pits dotted here and there, I started to wonder off thinking to myself that it aint as bad as the hype suggested, but when I turned round this huge wall.. No.. Mahoosive wall was there. Could it be you're up there and that's the height you mean?
Son shouted on me to return back to saftey, which I did, then he destroyed the portal, and had point blank refused to let me go back..!

All of the worlds are created uniquely. It's funny how your son wanted to protect you, my daughter was the same, only she shouts at me for dying all the time in my gold or diamond armour - those diamonds are on level 12 or 13 I think, it's a long way to dig down.

We do use peaceful mode more, but fighting off the odd zombie isn't bad, just an irritant. I admit I get wrapped up in the game, and the heights make me dizzy. The monsters scare me, and feeling like I'm going to "fall off" a tree or some other heigh structure makes me let out a little yelp, which makes no logical sense, given we never leave the centre pixel on the screen.

Being in the nether makes my heart race, I would gladly run off to safety, and I never go there alone. I don't understand half of what I'm doing, but it makes my daughter smile.

D

Dardii

All of the worlds are created uniquely. It's funny how your son wanted to protect you, my daughter was the same, only she shouts at me for dying all the time in my gold or diamond armour - those diamonds are on level 12 or 13 I think, it's a long way to dig down.

We do use peaceful mode more, but fighting off the odd zombie isn't bad, just an irritant. I admit I get wrapped up in the game, and the heights make me dizzy. The monsters scare me, and feeling like I'm going to "fall off" a tree or some other heigh structure makes me let out a little yelp, which makes no logical sense, given we never leave the centre pixel on the screen.

Being in the nether makes my heart race, I would gladly run off to safety, and I never go there alone. I don't understand half of what I'm doing, but it makes my daughter smile.
Your daughter is sooooo sweet, I'd yell at you too if you were ruining good diamonds. :D
My son has agreed to let me back in the nether but only when I play with my grandson. My grandson has the balls, and I want to go exploring.
Ladders make me dizzy. My boy loves building things up in the sky beyond the clouds, but to get to it you've to scale the ladder... Not nice! I'm currently building a house in a mountain, make mini dug outs, place a conduit and then stained glass in front of it (I love the pink/lime green) and it gives off neon lighting. I only discovered that last night lol. I'm such a slow poke compared to the kids, perhaps they ought to start feeding me steroids so I can keep up lol.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Is it unusual for this 49 yr old woman to be hooked on Minecraft?! Blame my Son..

I was designing so much on there that I used up all the banners.

Can't however get my head around pistons, and switches etc. I'll leave all that tech stuff to my Son, who clearly is a professional.
No, it's not unusual. Gaming can be a great form of bonding between family members, but also a personal experience for those who haven't been interested in gaming who suddenly get into it. It's a wonderful form of entertainment where you can lose yourself in different worlds, explore, engage in these stories, and just have a blast in doing so. It also can help with your creativity and thinking, in the case of Minecraft where you have to manage your resources and make sure you plan ahead on your adventures to gather those resources.

Back