UK will soon expose volunteers to Covid in world’s first ‘human challenge’ study

saraholeee

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
  • The U.K. is set to be the first country in the world to run a Covid-19 “human challenge” study, following approval from the country’s clinical trials ethics body.
  • The first Covid-19 human challenge trial will see up to 90 volunteers, aged 18-30, exposed to Covid-19 “in a safe and controlled environment.”
  • The study aims to establish the smallest amount of virus needed to cause infection and to increase our understanding of how the virus affects people.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/17/uk-...vid-in-world-first-human-challenge-study.html

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I recall a few years ago someone died drug testing in one of those 'safe and controlled environments'. :eek:
These volunteers are being paid £4,500 each. Aged 18-30 they'll have very few symptoms, if any. It's easy money. should be! :rolleyes:

D

Dardii

I recall a few years ago someone died drug testing in one of those 'safe and controlled environments'. :eek:
These volunteers are being paid £4,500 each. Aged 18-30 they'll have very few symptoms, if any. It's easy money. should be! :rolleyes:

I remember watching a documentary on those test, the one where someone died. It was very sad and scary. I once knew a guy that used to do drug testing for cash, I remember thinking at the time how crazy that was, but he always said that there's plenty people out there that do it for quick cash. All I know is, it wouldn't be me.

Back