Sports players you've met

theflame

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Has anyone met any sports stars?

To start things off I have met Petr Cech (ex Arsenal and Chelsea goalie who then went on to play ice hockey) and I ahve also met Rod Stewart's son Liam (ice hockey player)

B

Bad_Influence

Jocky Wilson
George Best
Colin Bell & Mike Summerbee
Gordon Strachan
Andy Cole
Alex Higgins
Peter Schmeichel
Fred The Red (Not sure that counts)

jackassme

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Vijay Singh, Nick Faldo ( Golfers )
Alex Higgins Jimmy White ( Snooker )
Marcus Trescotthic Cricket
John Terry, John Hollins , Terry Venables , Kevin Hodges, and a few other footballers I've forgot.
Nicest Celeb i met was good old Windsor Davis lol

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I’ve met Paul Gascogne, he’s a twat. Also Bobby and jack charlton , they were both nice. My mam met Eddie edwards waiting for a bus !

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Greg Moore (RIP) (Champ Car) ,Ayrton Senna (RIP)(F1) , Martin Brundle (F1), Pedro Lamy(F1) , Jason Plato(BTCC) , Tony Stewart(Nascar) , Jimmy Johnson (Nascar), Kyle Larson(Nascar) and Dan Wheldan (Indy Car) (RIP)

All from Motorsports.

Last edited:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The Charlton brothers...
Jimmy Greaves...
Garfield Sobers...
Graham Gooch...

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
This one is true for once,
Ex welsh international leeds united, and bristol city captain paid our school a visit, mark aizewood.
A fellow pupil said mark, is it your ambition to win back your place in the welsh squad.
No he said, my ambition is to have sex on tap, i love shagging me, blah blah blah.
Even our pe teacher looked to the floor, he was no shirking violet himself.
Footnote, mark aizewood got 4 years in prison, so lets hope his dream didnt come true!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
This one is true for once,
Ex welsh international leeds united, and bristol city captain paid our school a visit, mark aizewood.
A fellow pupil said mark, is it your ambition to win back your place in the welsh squad.
No he said, my ambition is to have sex on tap, i love shagging me, blah blah blah.
Even our pe teacher looked to the floor, he was no shirking violet himself.
Footnote, mark aizewood got 4 years in prison, so lets hope his dream didnt come true!

I had some dinner at Ashton Gate with the whole team in 2004 ,

Think this thread is about Sporting stars not flops pahahahaaaa ;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A while back, I called into our local Kwikfit to get a tyre changed, It wasn't until they'd jacked my car up and removed the old tyre before they told me they didn't actually have my tyre in stock so I'd have to wait till they could ferry one over from another store (typical stunt by Kwikfit, according to the other half). Anyway, in the waiting area I got talking to a nice chap, and It was only after he left that the bloke on the desk said "He's a nice chap that John". . . "John?" Apparently it was the snooker player John Parrot I'd been chatting to .. . and I never knew. :rolleyes:
Snooker IS a sport, isn't it? o_O

W

Wren

A while back, I called into our local Kwikfit to get a tyre changed, It wasn't until they'd jacked my car up and removed the old tyre before they told me they didn't actually have my tyre in stock so I'd have to wait till they could ferry one over from another store (typical stunt by Kwikfit, according to the other half). Anyway, in the waiting area I got talking to a nice chap, and It was only after he left that the bloke on the desk said "He's a nice chap that John". . . "John?" Apparently it was the snooker player John Parrot I'd been chatting to .. . and I never knew. :rolleyes:
Snooker IS a sport, isn't it? o_O
I love this... Snooker is a sport ....with serious faces.

Parrot! :DSo wishing :p...... , my car always has a full seed box. :)
Definitely would have shared my pink score knowledge
And the day I fed Davis :)

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The Charlton brothers...
Jimmy Greaves...
Garfield Sobers...
Graham Gooch...
Is someone doubting my veracity?
I was involved with a series of exhibitions and they were appointed to ad a bit of heft.
Harry Secome came too, now he was a
real sport.

Snowmanky

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Viv Richards
Joel Garner
Ian Botham
Wayne Daniel
Roland Butcher
Alan Minter
Alan Shearer