Yes or No ?

Will only a full lockdown halt the spread ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • I really do not give a Monkeys.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think that some people posting to this poll have slightly misunderstood the question ,or the question is a bit more complex now. Knowing what we do now a full lockdown would certainly stop the "spread" of Covid but not wipe it out altogether. In order to get a "full lockdown" all people in this nation need to comply with the Government`s rules or suggestions. Failing that ( which is what` has happened) then the Virus will spread and increase as it has done. The excuses used by those who continue to live as if nothing is wrong use the "authoritarian" excuse for them not abiding by the laws which many or even most of us are trying to do. Your turn now :)

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Megs im still wearing my mask not stopped me getting alert saying i been in contact with some , I been very careful so must passed someone who had the virus and its alerted my phone apt.

SO megs im not coming around for tea weekend :(

Words mine goes off 24 hours after i been down hospital , nurse said turn it off when u come in i said that sort of defeats the object of having it on phone.

Sorry your not coming to Tea now the 'children' will miss not seeing you. but you stay safe xx

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I think that some people posting to this poll have slightly misunderstood the question ,or the question is a bit more complex now. Knowing what we do now a full lockdown would certainly stop the "spread" of Covid but not wipe it out altogether. In order to get a "full lockdown" all people in this nation need to comply with the Government`s rules or suggestions. Failing that ( which is what` has happened) then the Virus will spread and increase as it has done. The excuses used by those who continue to live as if nothing is wrong use the "authoritarian" excuse for them not abiding by the laws which many or even most of us are trying to do. Your turn now :)

Dear sir i have abided with the request that was asked of us since last March, But i not breaking any rules by going for my treatment at hospital i been told attend till we say stop , i even wash my hands as i enter as i cant use the anti-bac stuff. unless you want to come and peel me off the roof.
i am also allowed to not wear a mask, but i choose too as its said it to protect other from me not me from them .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Dear sir i have abided with the request that was asked of us since last March, But i not breaking any rules by going for my treatment at hospital i been told attend till we say stop , i even wash my hands as i enter as i cant use the anti-bac stuff. unless you want to come and peel me off the roof.
i am also allowed to not wear a mask, but i choose too as its said it to protect other from me not me from them .
If only everyone in the country did what you do maybe we`d be out of lockdown by now .

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A bit late replying to this comment but what`s this about the "severity of Cvid coming down ? " .You must see a different news to the one which i do..

To be fair, if i watched the news all day talking about Covid, i would probably think that the worlds ending. I remember watching the news daily at the start of this pandemic, and i felt terrible watching it. It was terrifying listening to what they were telling me and what was happening to people who were suffering from the virus.

What has reassured me is how people have handled it. Most people are doing the things they need to, through social distancing, wearing masks, avoid large crowds.

I've been thinking though. How do people move on from Covid, or is it here to stay for the rest of our lives.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
To be fair, if i watched the news all day talking about Covid, i would probably think that the worlds ending. I remember watching the news daily at the start of this pandemic, and i felt terrible watching it. It was terrifying listening to what they were telling me and what was happening to people who were suffering from the virus.

What has reassured me is how people have handled it. Most people are doing the things they need to, through social distancing, wearing masks, avoid large crowds.

I've been thinking though. How do people move on from Covid, or is it here to stay for the rest of our lives.
Simples .Just go back to being /doing what you were doing 12 months ago. :) .
It`s different for anyone who was given 12 months to live when the Virus hit us as they didnt have any time left to live , but for someone who is aged 15 to 50 they have plenty of years left to go to raves and clubs ! Even now they can buy beer at the big stores and get as drunk as they want to at home so why the need to get drunk in a pub?. Really ,it`s shown up what a sick society we are if we can`t live without getting drunk all the time .We must be one of the most drunken Countries in the whole world !.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score

Medics say that it will be with us forever and that we must learn to live with it......but what do they know eh?
And... it seems to me that people are already 'getting used to it.'
Shops that are open are as busy as ever. The roads are well chocked with traffic and one would never know there is a lockdown in progress.
I think Boris has lost this one.
However, one hears such sad stories of lonely, elderly people who have not stepped out of their houses for fear of the Virus ...... it's so sad.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

We have to find a new normal as a society that supports and helps the vulnerable and that functions well.

this situation has highlighted some key issues that are often ‘pinned’ or bypassed - we need to be more mindful, resilient and aware of impact.

as a positive, the innovation of technology and how people have found ways to keep calm and carry on is inspiring. :)

Hughie

Take these times easy.be safe.Help others.
Reaction score
A lock down will never completely stop the viris,Only ever help keep it at bay,And only if people do as asked to be fair people on the whole have some need their heads or egos looked at sorry to say.A vaccine!.Even that wont stop it,The R rate would be better to be low,as we go on to get a Vaccine to make a faster way to opening up going forward.It Might be a yearly vaccination.But im sure people could live with that.When you think about it all really.Its a chess game.you have to keep one step ahead to win.Goverment esp here in the uk the 5th richest country on the planet,Never made the right moves,they had the money to lock down,and stop infection getting into this country,in early January They Ignored the advice.And took a pay rise.( Realy ).
Up until a vaccine is found,people are the only thing to make a diffrence for the time being.A Vaccine will be found,no dought.Goverments need to find a way of fast testing,15mins or so,yes they say there is one so where is it.!!,begg,s a thought.This would be a big game changer,esp in care homes,hospitals,work places,it will open doors,big time.People are passing away in care homes,because its staff through no fault of their own are infecting the residents and other staff..A test like this would stop the infection getting into care homes.all entering could take one before going through the doors,and so on.So all in all it down to all of us to be kind and think of each other.We will,all will get there.be safe tc.

Last edited:

Hughie

Take these times easy.be safe.Help others.
Reaction score
We have to find a new normal as a society that supports and helps the vulnerable and that functions well.

this situation has highlighted some key issues that are often ‘pinned’ or bypassed - we need to be more mindful, resilient and aware of impact.

as a positive, the innovation of technology and how people have found ways to keep calm and carry on is inspiring. :)
It very well could be here forever,no telling realy but on the bright side,the more we learn,the better a place we are in,and if a vaccine is does more than we might hope for as to keeping it at bay or even just wipe it out,I think people are moving on but into this,although its been so hard on us all.
People aer closer and mean more too each other esp outside the family situation,thats a given.more hellos and apprecation of each other.is here and will stay.

Sausages

Sausages
Reaction score

iI do hope we get back to something like normal soon. but ive got a feeling its going to linger on for ages.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Maybe it`s too much to ask but if people could appreciate that Virus`s have been around ever since the DNA which started to create humans have been around on the planet. They are not about to vanish and they do mutate into more powerful Virus`s. It`s a shame we can`t find a different source for their food /reproduction than our Lungs !

Sausages

Sausages
Reaction score
Maybe it`s too much to ask but if people could appreciate that Virus`s have been around ever since the DNA which started to create humans have been around on the planet. They are not about to vanish and they do mutate into more powerful Virus`s. It`s a shame we can`t find a different source for their food /reproduction than our Lungs !

I hope they don’t get into the sausage population any time soon .

Sausages

Sausages
Reaction score
There’s a water based sanitizer that’s gentle on. The hands I cant think what its called But ill check for you when i awake

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
@Hughie

Yeah ?

How many successful Flu vaccines are available that work ?

They have been trying for 100 years or more.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Lockdown ,

Stop the spread - This works.

This Lockdown is not full and will only prolong in my opinion ,

Poundland is not "Essential"

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Lockdown ,

Stop the spread - This works.

This Lockdown is not full and will only prolong in my opinion ,

Poundland is not "Essential"

That’s fundamentally the problem, instead of doing as they’re told people look for loopholes.

when you look at other countries, if you break lockdown there are severe consequences; in the UK not so much.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
That’s fundamentally the problem, instead of doing as they’re told people look for loopholes.

when you look at other countries, if you break lockdown there are severe consequences; in the UK not so much.

Do you want a Cadburys Trio pack for a 1£ ?

Get those essentials in the cupboards ,

Fundamentalbubble is over 5 letters ,

Computer says "no"

Back