Forum or chat rooms?

Forums or chat rooms?

• Forum

• Chat rooms

Results are only viewable after voting.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
In some respects there's no difference between them. In both you can be ignored (tell me about it) but you can't be talked over or shouted down. It wasn't always the case but these days I much prefer forums, It's less manic than chat rooms. You can log on, leave your comment, come back days later and carry on the discussion. This forum is well moderated which is another attraction.
Leaving aside ban appeals, the forum mainly consists of lonely people trying to get fixed up (nowt wrong in that) or threads designed to stimulate debate. I prefer the latter because I'm not looking for someone online (well, not anymore) and I'm not interested in blowing with the wind, running with the hounds as they say or posting populist comments to garner 'likes'. It's nice to take an opposing view not simply for the sake of it but because you believe in it. This may not be the Oxford debating society but it's a nice way to pass an hour.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
My response was prompted by you re-opening this Thread.
I am disappointed that it didn't create any interest . No votes! I wonder why …
First of all, about 99.9% of people choose chat rooms because they prefer to exchange simple pleasantries and esoteric humour without having to think too deeply. Forums, normally, do expect one to think a little more about the subject matter, even though that seems to have gone out of fashion recently.
Secondly, if Forums were a means by which 'lonely people trying to get fixed up' exist, it is something I am totally unaware of and never seen any evidence of it. Perhaps this was mere speculation and not factual, as is often the case.
LadyOnArooftop makes a valid point, however, as this particular thread demonstrates; one can return, and indeed re-open a Thread, ages after it was started. This one is an example, ironically.
"Forums give time" I agree. But "chatrooms take up time", I would contest. At the end of the day it is down to the time you invest in chat that matters.
The input to satisfaction ratio is quite often one of a rapidly descending curve as most of us will regularly find.
If, like me, you like wordplay, then certainly more satisfaction can be gleaned from chat rooms where one can use badinage often to an unappreciating audience, but that's chat life, I guess.
Just look at some of the topics being discussed in the Forums right now: 'What song/film would best describe your sex life'! I ask you.
Save it for the chat rooms where you can titillate far more people than you ever could in a Forum.

I rest my case, m'lud ….

Last edited:

Tinkerbelle

❤️chat b1tch❤️
Reaction score
My response was prompted by you re-opening this Thread.
I am disappointed that it didn't create any interest . No votes! I wonder why …
First of all, about 99.9% of people choose chat rooms because they prefer to exchange simple pleasantries and esoteric humour without having to think too deeply. Forums, normally, do expect one to think a little more about the subject matter, even though that seems to have gone out of fashion recently.
Secondly, if Forums were a means by which 'lonely people trying to get fixed up' exist, it is something I am totally unaware of and never seen any evidence of it. Perhaps this was mere speculation and not factual, as is often the case.
LadyOnArooftop makes a valid point, however, as this particular thread demonstrates; one can return, and indeed re-open a Thread, ages after it was started. This one is an example, ironically.
"Forums give time" I agree. But "chatrooms take up time", I would contest. At the end of the day it is down to the time you invest in chat that matters.
The input to satisfaction ration is quite often one of a rapidly descending curve as most of us will regularly find.
If, like me, you like wordplay, then certainly more satisfaction can be gleaned from chat rooms where one can use badinage often to an unappreciating audience, but that's chat life, I guess.
Just look at some of the topics being discussed in the Forums right now: 'What song/film would best describe your sex life'! I ask you.
Save it for the chat rooms where you can titillate far more people than you ever could in a Forum.

I rest my case, m'lud ….

Oiiiiii don’t be bringing mine and shaz’s posts into ur little rants lol :)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Oiiiiii don’t be bringing mine and shaz’s posts into ur little rants lol :)

As I said …. I rest my case.

By the way, you could have at least voted while you were here!

N

NGJames

For general discussion / debate - Forums. To occasionally enjoy getting to know someone more intimately (not the sexual kind) - chat :)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
thats my goal to reopen the old ignored threads - - - - - forums better because chat rooms have to post instant without thinking much about it and a few minutes later i start to think i shouldnt said that - - - - - forums i can think more to make sure its what i want to say

I think some of the older Threads are more interesting, and, as mentioned, was surprised that this one got overlooked.
I understand what you mean about wishing that you could retract something said in haste. That's what I find makes banter in the chat rooms challenging.
You have to be aware of what is being said, especially if several 'conversations' are taking place simultaneously.
You have now inspired me to start a new Thread.
I won't spoil the surprise.
:)

TacoBelle

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I would have voted chat room, but a good forum is loads better.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I would have voted chat room, but a good forum is loads better.

Regardless of submitting a vote or not, you still haven't posted anything to add to the discussion, alas. :rolleyes:

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen we have contest between the Wicked Perdition v GJI247

Lets see which one gets booted 1st......

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What I'm finding on the forum is that some treat it like a chat room. :rolleyes: If someone who is disliked posts something, the response
is usually negative, no matter how valid the argument. The replies should be to what was said, not because of who said it.

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, please stop turning every thread into a boxing ring I have a hangover, ty

Z

ZombieGirl

I don't always have the time to sit in a chat room but forums are always here and quite entertaining.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
i vote forums

Just out of interest, do you go into chat rooms at all, and if so, which one(s), may I ask?
From my observations, I hardly ever see anyone who frequents the Forums in the chat rooms although I should mention I am around more late at night than in the afternoons or evenings.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
(former gjl247) you might never see me in a chatroom on this

I remember you saying so some time back. Did you have an unpleasant experience in the chat rooms to deter you?
One of the main reasons for resorting only to post in the Forum is a lack of banter skills as more spontaneity is required by the more successful chatters.
Like I said previously: it all boils down to an 'input to satisfaction ratio' on both counts.
:)

Back