✪ Administrator
Reaction score

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
Wow
What do you mean , that's totally random =D

The Ads go where ever i think !
then poco_loco you are magic ! anywho my all time fav movie is Erma La Duce ! going to look for it online and watch again for the umptenth time lol

xxwhite_dovexx

Reaction score
At present i am watching De Lovely ...its about Cole Porter and i give it thumbs up !!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What's the worst film to win the Oscar for best picture.? The first one to come to mind was 'The Hurt Locker' not a bad film but also not very realistic, but no, to me the clear winner, or loser! is the 1963 film 'Tom Jones'
Tom Jones the Welsh singer guy ?
If you can access the Sony classic film channel, (Sky channel 319 and I think it may also be on Freeview), 'Tom Jones' the film that won the 1963 Oscar for best picture is on at 11.45pm on Friday. It's of interest to film buffs but I didn't think much of it.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Dont normally like adam sandler as a actor, just watched uncut gems.
Cracking movie, made nik cotton look like mother teresa.
Well worth a watch.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Wow

then poco_loco you are magic ! anywho my all time fav movie is Erma La Duce ! going to look for it online and watch again for the umptenth time lol

lol @ Magic !!!

I wish ifcukin was a Magician lol =D x

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Dont normally like adam sandler as a actor, just watched uncut gems.
Cracking movie, made nik cotton look like mother teresa.
Well worth a watch.
Yeah i have seen that Billy it is good :)

xxwhite_dovexx

Reaction score
Prick Up Your Ears ....good ol Vanessa , good actress..interesting movie i must say. set in the 60's or 70's .

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've just been watching 'The Dam Busters' an old film but they don't make them like they used to....... First the bad stuff, ok. it's racist, the 'N' word is used 20+ times but that's just the way it was when the film was made in the 50s... Should we be glorifying the deaths of 1000's of civilians? well, they weren't the target and we call it collateral damage these days. :rolleyes:
What a fantastic film, it's a damn good movie. :) As definitive as a war film can get. There's excellent footage of the Lancaster, Britain's main bomber of the war, at times banking at extreme low level. The sheer bravery of those air crews is accurately portrayed in the film.
8 of the Lancasters were shot down during the raid with a loss of 56 men, :(
10/10

jackassme

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Le Mans Very good film way better than i expected.
Extraction Good film
Invisible Man Good film, Knives out took a while to get into but was worth sticking with it.
Tiger King very interesting and now doing Narcos which is very good.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I watched 'Fantasy Island' this afternoon, not a bad movie, plenty of twists and turns, killed a couple of hours.
7/10

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yesterday i was watching Apple Mortgage Cake , true story enjoyable if your not got anything else to do.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
One of the best TV series I've seen is Handmaid's Tale. A story about a dystopian world of Gilead where women are seen as nothing more than a means to repopulate a dying world, even if they want to or not. The women are forced to cease all their rights and freedoms to the new system, are indoctrinated to believe in the ways of Gilead, and are then made to wear oppressive clothes and serve a Commander, who is the head of a household and a powerful figure in Gilead. It's a belief system that is run on an ideology based on a religion, and not Christianity which is now banned.
The tale focuses on a Handmaid called June, or Offred, as these women are forced to give up their identities also, and they must serve their household or face severe consequences. She is someone who is looking to escape and wants to see her daughter once again, who has been taken from her and placed in a foster home. The hope of seeing her daughter and husband again are what keeps her going.
The series is a difficult watch, but does offer some light humour, especially the main protagonist who will make snide remarks and jokes in certain situations. The blend of characters makes you care about each one that is going through this horrific system, and makes you root for them to escape.

10/10

A fantastic ride of thrills, emotions, laughs, cries, shock, awe. You name it, you'll experience every emotion watching the show.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
One of the best TV series I've seen is Handmaid's Tale. A story about a dystopian world of Gilead where women are seen as nothing more than a means to repopulate a dying world, even if they want to or not. The women are forced to cease all their rights and freedoms to the new system, are indoctrinated to believe in the ways of Gilead, and are then made to wear oppressive clothes and serve a Commander, who is the head of a household and a powerful figure in Gilead. It's a belief system that is run on an ideology based on a religion, and not Christianity which is now banned.
The tale focuses on a Handmaid called June, or Offred, as these women are forced to give up their identities also, and they must serve their household or face severe consequences. She is someone who is looking to escape and wants to see her daughter once again, who has been taken from her and placed in a foster home. The hope of seeing her daughter and husband again are what keeps her going.
The series is a difficult watch, but does offer some light humour, especially the main protagonist who will make snide remarks and jokes in certain situations. The blend of characters makes you care about each one that is going through this horrific system, and makes you root for them to escape.

10/10

A fantastic ride of thrills, emotions, laughs, cries, shock, awe. You name it, you'll experience every emotion watching the show.

Took some watching , did you watch the follow up cant recall what it was called . I gave it a miss. I think to try to follow on a 1st good book / film dont always work.. Did get my younger daughter to watch it then she was hooked even to point she went out and brought books.

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
1917 - (2019 WW1 War Drama) -

During World War I, two British soldiers -- Lance Cpl. Schofield and Lance Cpl. Blake -- receive seemingly impossible orders. In a race against time, they must cross over into enemy territory to deliver a message that could potentially save 1,600 of their fellow comrades -- including Blake's own brother.

Some good period scenes and touching in parts -
I like a decent war movie but this was fairly tame for me

7/10
I got round to watching '1917' last night. It's a visually stunning film. It started off ok, but then it went daft with ludicrous plot holes... A bomb goes off in a confined space and not a scratch on either of them, Germans that can't shoot straight, an officer so grateful for being pulled out of a burning plane he stabs his rescuer! etc. Colin Firth and Benedict Cumberbatch are in it, but blink and you'll miss them.
7/10

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I got round to watching '1917' last night. It's a visually stunning film. It started off ok, but then it went daft with ludicrous plot holes... A bomb goes off in a confined space and not a scratch on either of them, Germans that can't shoot straight, an officer so grateful for being pulled out of a burning plane he stabs his rescuer! etc. Colin Firth and Benedict Cumberbatch are in it, but blink and you'll miss them.
7/10

My thoughts entirely ,

I found myself not gripped @ doing other things ,

Like chatting utter nonsense in the rooms for example ;)

But yeah visually it looked great but needed a bit of "Saving Private Ryan" action to hold my attention.....

Ty for the review =D

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Took some watching , did you watch the follow up cant recall what it was called . I gave it a miss. I think to try to follow on a 1st good book / film dont always work.. Did get my younger daughter to watch it then she was hooked even to point she went out and brought books.

I didn't watch the follow up, but I'm thoroughly invested in that universe as a whole so would be interested to see that. It's not an easy watch because of the content and theme of the show, but i thought they did it in the most tactful way possible. The characters made the show for me though. The ones you learn to despise, and the ones you root for 100%.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I watched 'Ad Astra' last night. This is a bad film with a story that just doesn't make sense. Even an actor as amazing as Brad Pitt could not save this film. I mean, pirates on the moon? moon pirates! I don't know why, but whilst watching, I kept thinking about 'Apocalypse Now' and '2001 a space odyssey' mashed into one. :rolleyes:
5/10

Back