Still well established?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
There seems to be a great reluctance by government to close our schools, as has been done by many other stricken countries.
Is it. I wonder, the last knockings of a beaten rump, or are they just all fathers, who will avoid looking after the kids at home at almost any cost?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Do we really want the brats playing in the street all day :rolleyes: doesn't it just affect older people anyway? but it's the thin end of the wedge, it'll be a curfew next! In my humble opinion we should just let the virus run its course till we achieve 'herd immunity'.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Do we really want the brats playing in the street all day :rolleyes: doesn't it just affect older people anyway? but it's the thin end of the wedge, it'll be a curfew next! In my humble opinion we should just let the virus run its course till we achieve 'herd immunity'.
"In my humble opinion we should just let the virus run its course till we achieve 'herd immunity."

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
"In my humble opinion we should just let the virus run its course till we achieve 'herd immunity."
Unfortunately, no Government could allow that. More's the pity, For a population to be immune to the damned thing would be the final answer.
I should be a survivor, of course!!!

T

Tandy

what about front line carers being overwhelmed, what about familes losing loved ones, does none of this matter to you?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
At some point, everyone in the country will have to be exposed to this virus, should that be done over a short time or an extended period? To save the NHS from being swamped the Government chose the latter, only time will tell if it was the right course of action.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
At some point, everyone in the country will have to be exposed to this virus, should that be done over a short time or an extended period? To save the NHS from being swamped the Government chose the latter, only time will tell if it was the right course of action.
!!At some point, everyone in the country will have to be exposed to this virus,!!

I HOPE YOU MEAN 'BY VACCINATION.'

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Herd immunity is all very well...for the immune: What about the rest? :eek:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
!!At some point, everyone in the country will have to be exposed to this virus,!!

I HOPE YOU MEAN 'BY VACCINATION.'
A vaccine is a very long way off, No, I mean exposure to the virus by direct contact. When deaths in hospital reach a peak and beds become freely available, we'll all be let out to play, released from confinement... hurrah! :) That will set off a whole new chain of infections which will result in restrictions being reintroduced...boo! :mad: till the next peak. This peak won't be as high as the first. Think of the first as Everest and this 2nd peek as K2. and so on we'll go. . . . ., the 3rd peek will be like Ben Nevis. the final peak will just be a mole hill. I hope this clarifies the position as I see it :rolleyes:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
A vaccine is a very long way off, No, I mean exposure to the virus by direct contact. When deaths in hospital reach a peak and beds become freely available, we'll all be let out to play, released from confinement... hurrah! :) That will set off a whole new chain of infections which will result in restrictions being reintroduced...boo! :mad: till the next peak. This peak won't be as high as the first. Think of the first as Everest and this 2nd peek as K2. and so on we'll go. . . . ., the 3rd peek will be like Ben Nevis. the final peak will just be a mole hill. I hope this clarifies the position as I see it :rolleyes:
Oh! I expect you are right. Business, the economy will always come first, eventually. So we let the isolators out soon...to die?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Oh! I expect you are right. Business, the economy will always come first, eventually. So we let the isolators out soon...to die?
Seems we are coming round to the thought of what we do, how we do/live when lockdown is lifted.
Isolation will still be maintained for as long as there is no Vaccine available.
This is our future!
It sucks!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Dong.. we're approaching K2! :rolleyes:

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I don't think we should be locking down healthy people, but that's just me. And we've tried this before with the first lockdown, but it had made no difference. The only difference was that there were more cases of domestic violence in the homes, and suicide.
So the question here is whether lockdowns are effective methods or not. I tend to lean towards not. The first lockdown was the brainchild of Professor Neil Ferguson, who also defied his own lockdown rules to see his bit on the side.
It seems we have to follow these rules, but the people who make and enforce them, are constantly breaking them, as though the rules do not apply to them.

So we have two choices. Either we lockdown everyone permanently, including relatively healthy people(which has been proven to be a waste of time, considering the rise of cases again), or we just open up, try to live with it and adapt, continue with social distancing and washing hands, and attempt to restrict large gatherings of people until there is a vaccine of some sort(which isn't a guaranteed cure).

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I don't think we should be locking down healthy people, but that's just me. And we've tried this before with the first lockdown, but it had made no difference. The only difference was that there were more cases of domestic violence in the homes, and suicide.
So the question here is whether lockdowns are effective methods or not. I tend to lean towards not. The first lockdown was the brainchild of Professor Neil Ferguson, who also defied his own lockdown rules to see his bit on the side.
It seems we have to follow these rules, but the people who make and enforce them, are constantly breaking them, as though the rules do not apply to them.

So we have two choices. Either we lockdown everyone permanently, including relatively healthy people(which has been proven to be a waste of time, considering the rise of cases again), or we just open up, try to live with it and adapt, continue with social distancing and washing hands, and attempt to restrict large gatherings of people until there is a vaccine of some sort(which isn't a guaranteed cure).
Personally, I think the rise in numbers is due in most part to the re-opening of Universities, Colleges etc. Whilst I do understand the importance of education, I think that it is very difficult to socially distance in those facilities. However, I do believe that most students that attend universities would have internet facilities at home and it would be better if the universities also shut for the duration. Studying at home is possible, Open University is an example. However, I agree with you Wojcik, large gatherings should be restricted and enforced

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I guess the "herd" followers are taking Sweden as their example ? If so then bother to think that Sweden population is less tan 1/2 UK and their land mass is double UK so they have more space to breathe fresh air !. Plus they have 1/2 a dozen big Cities ( ok maybe 7 !) so there really is no comparison between UK and Sweden.
This lockdown of "healthy " people is rubbish too. How many shops are still open ? All manufacturing if they stick to the safe guidelines. care Homes ? not shut down.i see it as the main companies I see the main places as non essential ;health clubs ( you can go for sensible exercises outside still) ;Restaurants ( buy food and cook it yaselves !) ;Pubs ? not much to say about those apart from they seem to produce a nation of Alcoholics ! .plus yuo can buy beer etc at Tesco and drink at home ! .
The whole idea of Lockdown ,for those who don`t really understand this Pandemic ,is to prevent the vile virus from spreading. If you`er not in contact with anyone then you ain`t going to spread it . get the message ??

Back