Boris's NHS Volunteer Force

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I wonder how many of the half million volunteers will be rejected? Given that they may have to be DBS checked, and If they're going to be using their cars will their insurance be adequate? Most car owners usually only get social, domestic and pleasure insurance. For a bit extra you can add commuting to your permanent place of work. It certainly won't cover delivering food/medicines. Perhaps before they're trained up and let loose this will all be over, so the point could well be moot. o_O

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I wonder how many of the half million volunteers will be rejected? Given that they may have to be DBS checked, and If they're going to be using their cars will their insurance be adequate? Most car owners usually only get social, domestic and pleasure insurance. For a bit extra you can add commuting to your permanent place of work. It certainly won't cover delivering food/medicines. Perhaps before they're trained up and let loose this will all be over, so the point could well be moot. o_O
It's already bitten me on the arse... Just started filling in the form online; emailed an officebod at work to ask when my current DBS was issued; I have business insurance; all was going well. AND IT'S ENGLAND ONLY. Not happy.:mad:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
AND IT'S ENGLAND ONLY. Not happy.

How awful for you! Maybe Wales/Scotland will have their own independent force of volunteers.
I did consider offering my services To Boris. I am CRB checked, but since they switched to DBS (why!?) It may no longer be valid, also I only have SD&P car insurance. So on balance, I left it. However, being the decent citizen I am, I'll do my bit by helping elderly neighbours in any way i can.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
How awful for you! Maybe Wales/Scotland will have their own independent force of volunteers.
I did consider offering my services To Boris. I am CRB checked, but since they switched to DBS (why!?) It may no longer be valid, also I only have SD&P car insurance. So on balance, I left it. However, being the decent citizen I am, I'll do my bit by helping elderly neighbours in any way i can.
Yes but you TRIED! You looked into it and found out. So bravo! I need a new CRB / DBS every year so they lapse anyway. I waxed my legs while on my Google classrooms. I am still industrious!

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's already bitten me on the arse... Just started filling in the form online; emailed an officebod at work to ask when my current DBS was issued; I have business insurance; all was going well. AND IT'S ENGLAND ONLY. Not happy.:mad:
:mad: daft , wish i could help but an one then has to stay safe.

B

Bad_Influence

Yes but you TRIED! You looked into it and found out. So bravo! I need a new CRB / DBS every year so they lapse anyway. I waxed my legs while on my Google classrooms. I am still industrious!

I hope you waxed BOTH of them this time????:D

Back