Need a tech assist...

fiction_writer

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Question: Since the demise of TOTP and CD:UK, has The BBC replaced either of them? Where do music lovers in the UK get their 'info fix' where music is concerned?
Thanks in advance for any assistance...

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Question: Since the demise of TOTP and CD:UK, has The BBC replaced either of them? Where do music lovers in the UK get their 'info fix' where music is concerned?
Thee is or was a prog on of friday night 730pm on bbc 1 , its not been on of late but based on sme as TOTP.

L

lucianthp

Well done for having the patience to ask again despite the initial response you got.

I think TOTP was cancelled due to lack of viewers ; Over recent years with increasing use of internet for downloading of music and the increase in dedicated music tv channels I think there just wasn't the mainstream interest for the beeb to justify it, so instead they keep making shitty 'celeb' 'talent' shows like strictly and dancing on bloody ice.
Which i why I won't be renewing my license (I would, ironicallu, rather spend it on a streaming service such as spotify).

Hope that helps!

fiction_writer

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you... for the response. It gives me a direction - to try a different approach to what I'm writing. It's still going to happen in England, just in a different manner.
For Lucianthp: I feel you my friend. We haven't had a decent music station/countdown show on US TV since the 80s *laughs*
And for most of us 'older folks', MTV has morphed into something far different than what it began as.
So... new question - are there any specific shows on British TV that invite artists to perform?
Here in the States, we have various 'talk shows' - both in the morning, as well as late night, that often have 'musical guests'.
Thanks again for your input!

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I wallow happily in nostalgia watching TOTP2 on BBC4.... sighing to myself that "they don't make songs like this anymore"- * think I have become my parents * :eek: # LivingInThePast

M

moondreama

I am not really into these sort of TV programmes but surely "Britain's got talent" and "X-factor" give a lot of opportunity for new music performers to show their stuff?

Showing my age but I used to love TOTP in the seventies - when "Pan's People", half-clad and beautiful, were dancing around the stage, every red-blooded male in the UK was rushing home from work early.

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I am not really into these sort of TV programmes but surely "Britain's got talent" and "X-factor" give a lot of opportunity for new music performers to show their stuff?

Showing my age but I used to love TOTP in the seventies - when "Pan's People", half-clad and beautiful, were dancing around the stage, every red-blooded male in the UK was rushing home from work early.
Definitely showing your age mentioning Pans People rather than Legs and Co... but don't worry, that's allowed here :D

I do think they pranced rather than danced, but I'm sure they had other "talents" that the majority of the male population enjoyed :p:p:p

Back