Ancient technology...Baalbek..Lebanon.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
How the hell did they pick these massive stones up an MOVE them?

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Foerster's programmes should be shown on a comedy channel they are so far from reality and fact. He makes a fortune giving tours and presenting his own particular brand of lies, lies and more lies, about ancient history and is in the same class as other scammers Erich von Däniken and Graham Hancock.

As Carl Sagan said - (and the same can be said about Foerster/Hancock)

That writing as careless as von Däniken's, whose principal thesis is that our ancestors were dummies, should be so popular is a sober commentary on the credulousness and despair of our times. I also hope for the continuing popularity of books like Chariots of the Gods? in high school and college logic courses, as object lessons in sloppy thinking. I know of no recent books so riddled with logical and factual errors as the works of von Däniken.
— Carl Sagan, Foreword to The Space Gods Revealed

Last edited:
B

Bad_Influence

Foerster's programmes should be shown on a comedy channel they are so far from reality and fact. He makes a fortune giving tours and presenting his own particular brand of lies, lies and more lies, about ancient history and is in the same class as other scammers Erich von Däniken and Graham Hancock.

As Carl Sagan said - (and the same can be said about Foerster/Hancock)

That writing as careless as von Däniken's, whose principal thesis is that our ancestors were dummies, should be so popular is a sober commentary on the credulousness and despair of our times. I also hope for the continuing popularity of books like Chariots of the Gods? in high school and college logic courses, as object lessons in sloppy thinking. I know of no recent books so riddled with logical and factual errors as the works of von Däniken.
— Carl Sagan, Foreword to The Space Gods Revealed

I've read Chariots Of The Gods, it's the 2nd biggest pile of complete drivel, just beaten by every edition of The Independent.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I never mentioned Foerster. ! I was talking about the LARGE STONE in the video. NOT about him.

That stone exists and it weighs almost 2000 tonnes. There are plenty more video's about the subject on youtube.

They are said to have the ability to use sound to lift objects. This is something which our scientists are only now experimenting with. Sound can also be used as a weapon.

Acoustic Levitation. Possibly. The ancients had better skills with certain things than we do today, that's for sure.

I've read Chariots Of The Gods, it's the 2nd biggest pile of complete drivel, just beaten by every edition of The Independent.

von Däniken was a fantasist. His only gift was he knew what would sell books..!

Here's a small selection of the books I read....Which one would you chose? (If any).!

IMG_20190428_1760120.jpg

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Good choice by the way..;)...As expected.

kaku talks about what can be not what could be...He talks about FACTS.

We like facts. ;)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Dawkins expertise is in Biology...Where life actually comes from...No from some made up 'GOD'..:)

You already know that..:)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
A funny story....... Before i bought my own copy of Dawkins'..."The God Delusion"..I went into my local Library and asked for it just for a laugh.....'The God Delusion' By "Richard Dawkins' ???.....Everyone in the Library came to a stand still...! As if i'd asked for a book on Devil worship..:D

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I'd chose the Bible personally , and now I am here on forum typing .......hope i won't get judged too harsh :)

Valks...You old Dawg....;)

I judged YOU....many moons ago...Yr cool.;)

The Bible has many good 'Stories' to tell..;)

Cheesy you..x;)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
thanks Altair, always nice to be "cool". For the first time in my adult life have i started reading in to the bible for various reasons, some of the things in there are fascinating. Still not sure what to make of it all but i'm not dissing it either. Book of revelations is interesting ;)

WOW...Well okay...Good for you...make of it what you will...Just don't Believe it...Or take it as FACT...That's all i will say...;)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
isn't Baal another name for Devil?

all the "facts" we see today may get challenged at some point in time, science is constantly updating and changing. What is fact today may be totally wrong tomorrow. I just read and learn and if it ever comes to use then all good. Least one can hold a conversation on various topics if nothing else :D . There is a lot between heaven and earth that us humans still have to discover. The ocean is one of the last frontiers for instance (yet we manage to screw that up as well as a species). Hope you are having a lovely weekend Altair - life is short :)

Indeed...Thanks :);) ...well you have got the Gist of it then...;)...

You have yourself a nice weekend as well.. ...Yes... life is short...And we only get ONE shot at it..! X:)

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There is another book entitled 'We are Not the First', which may interest you. Can't remember the author's name.

B

badly

Aye theres many good stories in the bible..including stories of Giants.37b67ab3c982796f4368a309d0b28b0b--nephilim-giants-ancient-aliens.jpg 9775157.jpg 20120215-Hierogliphics  Stela_of_Nemtiui.jpg i286823014279408548._szw1280h1280_.jpgaisa

And people to this day wonder how early civilisations moved massive stones?

D

Dolores

On the last picture is Echnaton , aka Amenhothep IV. The anthropologists claimed that he has a Marfan's Syndrom and that's why he was so tall ..:)

Back