Not authenticated

bloody_mary

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I created an account and verified email but i cant get in any chat rooms. I just get a message saying Not Authenticated. I have tried verifying my email again and also tried different browsers, including my mobile, but get the same message. Can anybody help?

bloody_mary

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
still no help? ive tried sending a message via contact us but it doesnt seem to want to send it

Reaction score
Have you tried this, mentioned on the contact us page? If this doesn't work I think you might be doomed, you're more likely to get a yeti help you out than a staff member.

Confirmation email not received:
  • In almost all instances, this is due to user error.
  • The email is probably in your junk mail or spam folder and has been filtered by an overzealous email provider. While we have an excellent spam score, other metrics are used to mark messages as spam now.
  • Make sure the email address that we have for you is correct by going through the following steps:
    • Click the link consisting of your username at the top right.
    • There will be a dropdown menu containing "contact details" -- click that.
    • From here, check what email address you provided and make sure it is entered correctly. Check very carefully!
    • If it is incorrect, fix it, then click "Save Changes" at the bottom. This will dispatch a new confirmation email.
    • If the email address seems to be correct, change it nonetheless, to anything at all, even if incorrect, then save, then change it back to the correct email address and save again. This will dispatch a new confirmation email in case yours was mistakenly deleted.
  • If the above steps don't help, there is nothing more to be done. We get alerts if our mailservers go down, in which event outgoing mails are cached anyway. You can wait, or you can repeat the above steps. Do not contact us about this.
  • It is not possible for us to send you a confirmation email manually.

bloody_mary

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
yes ive done all that and resent the confirmation email again which ive clicked. it tells me its all verified. i can log into my account, i just cant access any chat rooms

Reaction score
Sounds like a site problem, think all you can do is wait for a staff member to contact you back. If you can message the forum then I'd think you are verified.

H

hammici

there is an activation code somwhere ---they send you an e-mail

Wonder

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
i am experiencing this same exact issue. says NOT AUTHENTICATED

M56

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I get the same thing... Is there a fix??

Back