Wacko Jacko

U_N_Owen

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Should the UK follow other countries and ban Michael Jackson's songs on the radio? His fans say he's dead and can't defend himself and also that he was never convicted of anything. well neither was Jimmy Saville.
If you're a diehard fan of his and would have been happy for him to babysit your young sons then all I can say is you're mad mad mad mad mad!

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Should the UK follow other countries and ban Michael Jackson's songs on the radio? His fans say he's dead and can't defend himself and also that he was never convicted of anything. well neither was Jimmy Saville.
If you're a diehard fan of his and would have been happy for him to babysit your young sons then all I can say is you're mad mad mad mad mad!

The way i see it is that Michael Jackson was a disturbed individual. He had no real childhood growing up, and it was taken from him by his controlling father. His whole attitude was that of a child, but he was a very shy and timid man. He was a wealthy man however, and that is something that could have been taken advantage of. Such as the parents telling the kids to come up with accusations of being abused for a large pay cheque.
You are right though, he can never be convicted for anything, and there will never be any solid evidence to prove whether he assaulted those children or not. I'm no fan of Michael Jackson, but I've always had that gut instinct that he was innocent, but he has owned up to some alarming things, such as sleeping with children who have stayed over to visit him. I think Michael was naive.

Saville is an absolute monster however, and can't find any redeemable qualities in that man.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hmmm... I think that it's unacceptable for children to sleep with any grown man in his 30s or 40s, as was the case here. I remember saying that at the time.
I watched the documentary, though and have to say it was thoroughly disturbing. As well as the graphic accusations, I was also disturbed by the parents' willingness to up sticks and follow Michael Jackson around the country, often staying in hotels for long periods and also in Neverland itself.

This involved missing school and work - why would one do this? And why would you allow a child to stay in ANYONE else's room overnight from the age of - what was it? 7? - 'watching films', etc? I KNOW my nephews' parents would have blown the whistle at whatever o'clock and told them to hop it to their own rooms for sleep.

I know the man allegedly had a strange childhood (as do / have many) but really? Was he this naive - to think that he'd get away with such elaborate acts of violation? I don't think any grown adult could possibly not know how such things would potentially be viewed. Or maybe he genuinely was such a child at heart that he thought it would all be viewed as innocently as it was.

Could these men who bared their most personal details handle the repercussions and embarrassment of the whole world knowing? And if untrue, could any amount of money be worth it?

I'm afraid that, unless loyal members of his camp stump up some hard evidence, this case can never be resolved. I don't really know what to think.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hmmm... I think that it's unacceptable for children to sleep with any grown man in his 30s or 40s, as was the case here. I remember saying that at the time.
I watched the documentary, though and have to say it was thoroughly disturbing. As well as the graphic accusations, I was also disturbed by the parents' willingness to up sticks and follow Michael Jackson around the country, often staying in hotels for long periods and also in Neverland itself.

This involved missing school and work - why would one do this? And why would you allow a child to stay in ANYONE else's room overnight from the age of - what was it? 7? - 'watching films', etc? I KNOW my nephews' parents would have blown the whistle at whatever o'clock and told them to hop it to their own rooms for sleep.

I know the man allegedly had a strange childhood (as do / have many) but really? Was he this naive - to think that he'd get away with such elaborate acts of violation? I don't think any grown adult could possibly not know how such things would potentially be viewed. Or maybe he genuinely was such a child at heart that he thought it would all be viewed as innocently as it was.

Could these men who bared their most personal details handle the repercussions and embarrassment of the whole world knowing? And if untrue, could any amount of money be worth it?

I'm afraid that, unless loyal members of his camp stump up some hard evidence, this case can never be resolved. I don't really know what to think.

Absolutely. Any grown man, who is not the father of a child, should not be having sleep overs with random children. But these parents seemed perfectly fine with their kids spending time and having sleepovers with Michael. He was a rich multi-millionaire, the most famous entertainer in the world. There was money to be made from these allegations. I mean you know how crazy it is in America to be sued, so i believe he may have settled a few cases outside before they made trial. Some families may have put their children up to making these allegations.
If you think about it, and you're in that position of money and power, then you don't know who to trust. If someone did make allegations against you, and you could settle out of court before it went ahead, then i think you may take that offer to minimise the stress and media mudslinging that would follow. I see the whole show-business thing as a blessing and a curse. You could never lead a normal life without the press following you.
I really do think Michael was naive. He was child like, who didn't really experience a childhood like other children experienced. Watching the documentary, he always came across as this very shy and timid, and perhaps even hints of physiological damage regarding his skin in particular, that he was teased for. Especially by his father, who was considered a monster of a man, who abused Michael throughout his life. Their relationship was a rocky one to say the least.
When Michael told Martin Bashir that he had sleepovers with children, the initially reaction was that of pure horror. But then you dive into the mentality of a man like Michael Jackson, and question whether the allegations meet the personality and nature of the person.
Overall, i think Michael Jackson lead a life without a childhood, without real friends to grow up and play with, didn't really develop into an adult as he was in that child like mentality, and all he knew was fame and fortune his entire life. It's a tragic life, a life full of sadness and despair when you weigh it up.

U_N_Owen

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Personally I believe you can separate the artist's work from the man. It's for that reason I miss hearing Garry Glitter's glam rock music on the radio.
Saville is an absolute monster however, and can't find any redeemable qualities in that man.
Saville did a lot for charity but that's another matter I have no desire to hijack my own thread!

B

Bad_Influence

Jackson was fecked up. Whether that be by nurture or nature is debatable, but it does not change the fact he had 'sleep-overs' with kids. That itself is wrong no matter how you dress it up, and if he were still alive I'd want him punished. Not playing his music does nothing for anyone however, and I don't think anyone can say he wasn't talented. That said, what the feck were the parents thinking at the time? "My son wants to sleep over at Jacko's house but I'm not invited? Of course that's just fine and dandy. (And if he totally screws up my sons life I'll get a lovely payoff)" These parents should be charged with neglect whether the abuse is proven or not.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yep, Baddy. The parents were ridiculously naive and impressionable at best. At worst? There are no words; they may well have caused unimaginable damage.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

I would say YES.

It's all good and well... for folks to say 'he's dead and gone'...But the facts remain.

He didn't set up 'Neverland' for nothing.!

Playing his music on the radio would seem like 'Ah it's okay, it was ages ago'...

Personally speaking, I don't think he had ANY talent at all...apart from covering his tracks.

RequiemForACat

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well the parents were laughing, one of them even admitted Jackson had bought them a HOUSE. It seems the parents turned a blind eye to it because they were gaining and gaining well. Total neglect. Maybe blinded by his fame? Who knows.

As for Jackson I think he was naive, fucked up from his childhood, and possibly in a child's mentality, BUT he was also in mans body, and men have certain urges and needs that aren't the same as the boys he was "friends" with. Which does make me think, the accusations are likely true. Then again, none of us will ever know for sure. I'd still listen to a few of his tracks.

U_N_Owen

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I see the adverts on London buses proclaiming Jacko's innocence have been removed on the grounds of public sensitivity and concern around their content. I'm surprised they were allowed in the first place, what surprises me even more is that they were paid for by a crowdfunding campaign which raised £20,000. Surely there must be better things to spend money on.

Back