Stanford Prison Experiment and UKchat

rustyknight

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Have a read up about Stanford University Prison Experiment, it's also on Youtube, and was made into
a film. An interesting read of how unbridled power can corrupt seemingly ordinary people.

Now a UKchat comparison.
Now to to try and understand what happened to the once happy group(s) of chatters on
this site since the mods were made up/installed.
It seems to bear a close correlation to a psychological experiment in 1971 at Stanford
University?
Some chatters were made up as mods, and like minded people were chosen as additional
mods, other chatters are at the mercy of the mods rules.
Sit back and see watch what happens when you let people who are essentially
inexperienced and and untrained, and can make up their own ever changing rules as they go
along. Also can mute or kick without warning, ban without giving a reason, etc, and do so anonymously.
If any chatter asks about the rules, they can be accused of abusing the mods, and
punished even more.
This all without outside oversight or reaction to the many complaints that have been
made.
The numbers of chatters missing/leaving makes dismal reading.

It is a real good thing that we can just log out to 'escape'...

Maybe it is just the way I see things?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
may i have my own cell please with en suite ? x

Cmere Doris...:D You can join Me in my padded cell...Iv'e been in it for quite some years and i've kitted it out nice..;) Even got pictures on the wall of my fave chatters.;) You will love my Dart board...It's got pictures of all my chat haters on it. Yes,Yes, and the first three Darts a FREE !!...;):D
Iv'e asked the Governor for more darts but he says Three is all i'm allowed...(Bummer).! I plan to persuade him with a home made 'Snow Globe' i have made especially for Christmas.;):):p:D Homieglobesnow.jpg

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Cheating on me again Doris no more shag for you :(

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
But shes fitter than you and got more points :p

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
**** point what about MY 'Home Made' Globe you bunch of sCUNThorps..!:(
It is en suite Doris, it's whats that bucket in the corner is for:p

Call ME a Bucket again you CnUT...!

I'll have you know i'm NOT a Bucket...;;):p:D

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Come and sleep with ME .....Then WE can see who calle's who bucket face in the morning.

P.S. Don't sleep with your mouth open...xxxx Muhahahaha....;):p:D

Back