Crown Green Bowling

Lau40

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I grew up with most weekends spent in the bowling clubhouse preparing tea and biscuits for the bowlers with my grandmother.. My grandad, dad and brother all played.. My brother won the private greens tournament with my grandad when he was just 12 yrs old and made the papers haha ... I have a photo somewhere of me with Terry Sullivan too, lol... I wasn't a very cool kid, haha.

Blurt

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I grew up with most weekends spent in the bowling clubhouse preparing tea and biscuits for the bowlers with my grandmother.. My grandad, dad and brother all played.. My brother won the private greens tournament with my grandad when he was just 12 yrs old and made the papers haha ... I have a photo somewhere of me with Terry Sullivan too, lol... I wasn't a very cool kid, haha.
That's so cool, we moved into a different town 2 years ago, and I didn't know anyone.
I saw an ad on FB, so went along, I played football and squash at a good level but I don't have the stamina anymore.
Anyway.... I fell in love with bowls, and made lots of new friends.
Its like Chess on Grass!

Lau40

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
That's so cool, we moved into a different town 2 years ago, and I didn't know anyone.
I saw an ad on FB, so went along, I played football and squash at a good level but I don't have the stamina anymore.
Anyway.... I fell in love with bowls, and made lots of new friends.
Its like Chess on Grass!
I could watch bowls all day long, it's in my blood.
It's become a lot more popular amongst younger people these days too.
Happy bowling dude xx

Blurt

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I could watch bowls all day long, it's in my blood.
It's become a lot more popular amongst younger people these days too.
Happy bowling dude xx
Cheers xxx

Back