The Government’s new Emergency Alerts system

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Our leaders plan to test the system by sending a national test alarm to all smartphones at 3pm on Sunday. All compatible mobile phones across the UK will sound the alarm – a siren and vibration, lasting for up to 10 seconds. The loud siren will sound, even if the mobile phone is set on silent or switched off.
Now, for one reason or another, :rolleyes: some people have a second phone that they keep secret from their partner. This alert system test will alert said partner to the existence of said secret phone. :eek: But if you remove the sim-card, the secret phone will clearly not sound any siren, but once you replace the sim-card will the emergency alert go off? (asking for a friend).

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Dig a 2-foot hole in the back garden. Encase the 2nd mobile in lead and bury it. Wait until the aforementioned partner is at least 100 miles away on a business trip and dig it up.

Immediately beg forgiveness from your secret work lover because they have sent 321 texts in 2 days saying I am waiting at the rendezvous darling, where are you, babe.... babe?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I shall pass on to my friend that useful advice. :)

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I've never owned a smartphone or mobile because I've simply never needed one..:)
PS- Apart from that siren hassle, I hear the 'Authorities' can keep tabs on owners location etc like some all-seeing Eye of Sauron-

eye of Sauron.jpg

Back