The BBC strikes again with its end of year pantomime!

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I posted a thread two years ago regarding The BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award and commented on how facile this show had become.
Well, the upshot is, the BBC has again proved how evermore woke it has become with another demonstration of conforming to 'diversity'.
Thankfully, I didn't watch this travesty of feigned congratulations. It had poor advertising ahead of it and I believe it's lost its popularity with the public.
Again, the winner, Mary Earps, following in the foosteps of the previous year's winner, Beth Meads, is part of a team and therefore should only be awarded in the separate team winners. Personally, I think women goalkeepers in general provide a great deal of entertainment with their attempts at saving goals.
Few individuals stand out in a team. It is, after all, teamwork that creates winners and rarely indiduals within the team themselves.
Manchester City were certainly deserving of the Team Award for their superb accomplishments. They KNOW HOW to win!

And again; the second place went to another cricketer, again, the second year running. For what? Winning the Ashes and the World Cup? I think not.
Third place went to, as far as I am concerned, the rightful winner: Katarina Johnson-Thompson.
Just check out what she has achieved in her sporting lifetime. Not many athletes come anywhere near close in their sporting records.
So, will another women's footballer win next year?
Will another cricketer come a close second.
Or, will another oustanding athlete be relegated to third place in three consecutive years?
It's like The House of Lords. It should be discontinued. But that's another matter.
:rolleyes:

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Congratulations to Mary Earps, the Manchester United and England goalkeeper and a business entrepreneur, after being voted BBC Sports 'Personality' (noun) of the year by the general public for her penalty saving heroics during the recent world cup in Australia. Narrowly coming second to a magnificent Spanish team and, after winning the Euro's in 2022. England's vice captain and the winner of the golden gloves award at the world cup. Plying her trade at the very highest level in women's football and an inspiration to young girls and women all over the UK. Demonstrating with the right discipline and dedication, they too can reach the pinnacle of their chosen careers, whether it be in sport or elsewhere.

Obviously it has upset a certain kind of man, like really, really upset them, the likes of shouty boymen such as Piers Morgan. I am sure though that Mary isn't really taking much notice of this type of man, relics from a bygone era. I am also pretty sure, as a successful, strong independent woman, it matters to her not one iota.

Lastly, but not least, also many congratulations on winning BBC Woman's Footballer of the Year. :)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Congratulations to Mary Earps, the Manchester United and England goalkeeper and a business entrepreneur, after being voted BBC Sports 'Personality' (noun) of the year by the general public for her penalty saving heroics during the recent world cup in Australia. Narrowly coming second to a magnificent Spanish team and, after winning the Euro's in 2022. England's vice captain and the winner of the golden gloves award at the world cup. Plying her trade at the very highest level in women's football and an inspiration to young girls and women all over the UK. Demonstrating with the right discipline and dedication, they too can reach the pinnacle of their chosen careers, whether it be in sport or elsewhere.

Obviously it has upset a certain kind of man, like really, really upset them, the likes of shouty boymen such as Piers Morgan. I am sure though that Mary isn't really taking much notice of this type of man, relics from a bygone era. I am also pretty sure, as a successful, strong independent woman, it matters to her not one iota.

Lastly, but not least, also many congratulations on winning BBC Woman's Footballer of the Year. :)

Well said @Kev45

It is glorious to see snowflakes in full meltdown about her win.

And delicious to watch them whine, snivel and sob!

Collecting snowflake tears is the best.

Congratulations Mary Earps.

hand clap.gif

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Oh, I meant to mention two other things regarding Mary Earps which additionally show what a disastrous choice for the award she was:

1. The ALLEGED saved penalty against Spain.
Anyone with a pair of eyes could tell that she moved a distance LONG BEFORE the penalty was taken!
Check out the video I have attached. V.A.R. must have been asleep if and when they reviewed that! A blatant 'foul' on Mary Earp's part.
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN RETAKEN ... like so many have been in the men's game.

2. Did you see the disgraceful Chavvy outfit she wore at the awards ceremony?

This woman has NO class whatsoever!

Last edited:

Kev45

Reaction score
Anyone who understands the rules of football, and of course I do, also understands that a goalkeeper may move anywhere they like on the goal line before a penalty is taken so long as they do NOT touch the goalposts, the crossbar or the net.

Of course, the prawn cocktail brigade don't understand the actual rules of football, they are jumping on a populist bandwagon merely because it is currently fashionable, and they want to appear to be 'edgy' and somehow 'relevant'.

Stupids are gonna stupid. But even more so when it involves desperately inventing a reason, any reason at all, to criticise women. For example, the ludicrous notion that a "female" golden gloves' winner somehow "cheated" rather than pulling off a world-class save.

"FIFA put the issue to bed 15 minutes later - or 30 minutes after the full-time whistle - when it confirmed the broadcast footage was an optical illusion.

The governing body shared a side-on view that proved the studs of Earps’s boot remained over the line - and that’s good enough.

"As with all penalties, the Video Assistant Referee (VAR :rolleyes:) checked Spain’s penalty for encroachment by the goalkeeper and determined that Mary Earps’ back foot was in line with the goal line, FIFA said." :)

Last edited:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Oh, I meant to mention two other things regarding Mary Earps which additionally show what a disastrous choice for the award she was:

1. The ALLEGED saved penalty against Spain.
Anyone with a pair of eyes could tell that she moved a distance LONG BEFORE the penalty was taken!
Check out the video I have attached. V.A.R. must have been asleep if and when they reviewed that! A blatant 'foul' on Mary Earp's part.
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN RETAKEN ... like so many have been in the men's game.

2. Did you see the disgraceful Chavvy outfit she wore at the awards ceremony?

This woman has NO class whatsoever!

SNOWFALEK TEARS.jpg

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
And finally on this matter:

Several notable journalists have expressed their dismay about the finalists of BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2023, let alone the winner of the award, Mary Earps, now fittingly seen as the 'Queen of Chavs', as opposed to 'Stops', after last night's presentation.
As someone summed up: what of (great) note has Mary Earps EVER achieved? In my book, NOTHING!
Yes, we have predictably become a nation of 'winning losers', I.E., preferring to give more credit to triers, rather than outright winners.
It is blatant 'tokenism'. As was the case with Emma Radacanu in 2021, who, I predicted would never win another major title; and hasn't.
Conveniently, the BBC doesn't publish the votes cast at this event, giving rise to further suspicion about the outcome of the ceremony.

No wonder licence payers are rapidly withdrawing subscription to a broadcaster of such pretentious, woke and diverse pandering.
I really should demand a refund.

Here's a man of great integrity and insight who can attest to my view of this disgraceful charade:

Kev45

Reaction score
Let's ALL celebrate the SMALL minority of successful sports women who have won BBC Sports 'Personality' (noun) of the Year since it was first aired in 1954.

There is also a consistent pattern emerging among these shouty boymen, the likes of Joey, I am totally sh** at everything, Barton.

I mean, how dare a bloody female win a sports award three years in a row!

Middle-aged midlife crisis male chauvinists of a bygone era, who LOUDLY air some really rather creepy views (for men their age). Often OTT and rather angry views, regarding light entertainment that is specifically aimed at a modern audience, who are much, much younger than they are.

While they randomly and rather stupidly place the abolition of the House of Lords in the same category of importance as their really rather creepy views about popcorn TV that is aimed at a modern audience much, much younger than they are.

While LOUDLY supporting the likes of the self entitled, privileged, shouty boyman Piers Morgan, who is, rather unironically, the establishment's current useful idiot.

The bloke, on behalf of the Royal Family, who is publicly stalking Prince Harry and particularly his intelligent, independent, and extremely beautiful wife Meghan.

Who got sacked by the Mirror group for fake news, and who was among a powerful cartel of tabloid news editors who hacked the mobile phones of murdered schoolgirls and other totally innocent victims.

Scantily clad page 3 or page 7 girls and to produce gossipy tabloid stories eagerly lapped up by men of this ilk.

The type of man who judges women based on their physical appearance and the clothes that women choose to wear, and because of course, this type of man, knows exactly how women should be dressing and exactly what their appearance should look like.

The same useful idiot, BTW, Piers Morgan, who will be immediately spat out and discarded among the trash once the establishment decide that he is no longer useful to them. :)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Let's ALL celebrate the SMALL minority of successful sports women who have won BBC Sports 'Personality' (noun) of the Year since it was first aired in 1954.

There is also a consistent pattern emerging among these shouty boymen, the likes of Joey, I am totally sh** at everything, Barton.

I mean, how dare a bloody female win a sports award three years in a row!

Middle-aged midlife crisis male chauvinists of a bygone era, who LOUDLY air some really rather creepy views (for men their age). Often OTT and rather angry views, regarding light entertainment that is specifically aimed at a modern audience, who are much, much younger than they are.

While they randomly and rather stupidly place the abolition of the House of Lords in the same category of importance as their really rather creepy views about popcorn TV that is aimed at a modern audience much, much younger than they are.

While LOUDLY supporting the likes of the self entitled, privileged, shouty boyman Piers Morgan, who is, rather unironically, the establishment's current useful idiot.

The bloke, on behalf of the Royal Family, who is publicly stalking Prince Harry and particularly his intelligent, independent, and extremely beautiful wife Meghan.

Who got sacked by the Mirror group for fake news, and who was among a powerful cartel of tabloid news editors who hacked the mobile phones of murdered schoolgirls and other totally innocent victims.

Scantily clad page 3 or page 7 girls and to produce gossipy tabloid stories eagerly lapped up by men of this ilk.

The type of man who judges women based on their physical appearance and the clothes that women choose to wear, and because of course, this type of man, knows exactly how women should be dressing and exactly what their appearance should look like.

The same useful idiot, BTW, Piers Morgan, who will be immediately spat out and discarded among the trash once the establishment decide that he is no longer useful to them. :)

@Kev45 *clapping*

Someone pass WickedSnowflake a fire extinguisher - OH THE BURN!!! 1703159893021.png

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The BBC shortlist the finalists, only then are the public allowed to vote.
That's why you get diversity, every box gets ticked and someone the BBC will be happy with winning...
That's why you don't get the likes of Ronnie O'Sullivan, the GOAT of snooker or Tyson Fury the Heavyweight boxing champion etc ever winning
and gatecrashing their showcase event. They're the 'wrong sort' for the BBC. Perhaps they're also the wrong sort for the public because i'm sure O'Sullivan has made the final 6 before... :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of the women's game, but as for their goalkeepers, cut them some slack, the goals must seem huge to them. They have a much
harder job than their male counterparts, who are all mostly 6ft+.

Kev45

Reaction score
I will have a £250 'sportsmans' bet with any of those three sausages, the proceeds going to charity, that neither Piers Shouty Morgan, Joey, I am sh** at everything, Barton, and the random old bloke from the internet who hasn't changed his underwear in weeks, did NOT even bother to vote for their sports 'personality' (noun) of the year.

Hi Piers, you gobshite, if you are reading, which you probably are.

As for Mary Earps herself, the male dominated FA and the male dominated sponsor, sports juggernaut NIke, in their infinite wisdom, had not even produced replica Mary Earps England goalkeeping shirts to purchase prior and during and immediately after the actual tournament itself.

When they eventually did cave in after a huge public outcry, the shirts sold out in minutes, and despite not even publicising that they were for sale. The sales not only matched their male counterparts but eventually also far exceeded men's sales on a like for like basis, and when the same three sausages above also argue "women's football" is not commercially viable and so not comparable to the actual men's game from a financial point of view.

Quite clearly, during this particular tournament, it was and it is.

The point being, the octopus arms of the fight for equality, reach much further than a naff BBC sports 'personality' (noun) programme.

Once again, well done Mary Earps for your goal keeping heroics both during the sporting year and the actual tournament itself, but also for hopefully driving through real change that can only benefit those girls that have now been inspired to become involved in football or sports in general. :)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I will have a £250 'sportsmans' bet with any of those three sausages, the proceeds going to charity, that neither Piers Shouty Morgan, Joey, I am sh** at everything, Barton, and the random old bloke from the internet who hasn't changed his underwear in weeks, did NOT even bother to vote for their sports 'personality' (noun) of the year.

Hi Piers, you gobshite, if you are reading, which you probably are.

As for Mary Earps herself, the male dominated FA and the male dominated sponsor, sports juggernaut Nike, in their infinite wisdom, had not even produced replica Mary Earps England goalkeeping shirts to purchase prior and during and immediately after the actual tournament itself.

When they eventually did cave in after a huge public outcry, the shirts sold out in minutes, and despite not even publicising that they were for sale. The sales not only matched their male counterparts but eventually also far exceeded men's sales on a like for like basis, and when the same three sausages above also argue "women's football" is not commercially viable and so not comparable to the actual men's game from a financial point of view.

Quite clearly, during this particular tournament, it was and it is.

The point being, the octopus arms of the fight for equality, reach much further than a naff BBC sports 'personality' (noun) programme.

Once again, well done Mary Earps for your goal keeping heroics both during the sporting year and the actual tournament itself, but also for hopefully driving through real change that can only benefit those girls that have now been inspired to become involved in football or sports in general. :)

F.ucking marvellous words! @Kev45

And I'm with you in the celebration and congratulations for Mary Earps. An award well deserved.

clapping hands.gif

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I wonder how many Mary Earps England goalkeeping shirts they made?
If they made 30 then they would be gone in seconds for collectors.
If the made 30000 that would make headlines.

Would like to know.
After all she is a football legend now.

Good on our national womens team :)

Kev45

Reaction score
F.ucking marvellous words!

Thank you! The best way to deal with these right-wing ghouls is to nail down the coffin lid, nail it down again, then nail down the nails just in case and then encase the coffin in a 10 ton slab of lead.

232 feet underground, and preferably 300 just to be sure. ;)

Kev45

Reaction score
Stalky online male, who doesn't understand that no means no, now feigning innocence that his nineteen stained fingers didn't google shirt sales the moment he read it and faster than Mary Earps actual penalty save. :D

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Kev, your not that important.. I was simply answering a post.
Get over yourself lad lol

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Stalky online male, who doesn't understand that no means no, now feigning innocence that his nineteen stained fingers didn't google shirt sales the moment he read it and faster than Mary Earps actual penalty save. :D

That elderly whiny snowflake has probably had many an attempted tug to women's football. Sitting on his stinky sofa, greying vest, stained y-fronts, his saggy balls dangling over the sofa edge.

Pulling on the rusty knob like there was no tomorrow.

1703176906809.png

GOAL!

haha.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
That elderly whiny snowflake has probably had many an attempted tug to women's football. Sitting on his stinky sofa, greying vest, stained y-fronts, his saggy balls dangling over the sofa edge.

LOL!

At least WickedW%nkpot has the bollards, albeit small and shrivelled, to openly type what he really believes. This one always slyly disguises his own misogyny behind faint praise, and which is why I don't want his stalky presence anywhere near me. :)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I just find you amusing.

What have you actually got to say?

Nothing.

Your just simple trolls who like to play yet are without any substance to your argument.
I actually log on here to see what BS you have to talk about for a laugh.

I am still waiting for cogniscient arguments to anything I have said.
Of the things you accuse me of.
I guess I will be waiting for a while.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I was shocked to learn that the England 'women's' football team failed to qualify for the European Nations League finals which automatically meant they would not be eligible to play in the 2024 Olympic Games. :eek: ... yes. That shocked.

Perhaps, after all, they won't be winning another BBC Sports Personality of The Year award next year? Won't that be a shame? :eek:
That is, unless 'personality' is what the 'general public' base their voting on. Because they are that clever and sports savvy.

I wonder if a women's cricketer will be the front runner for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award in 2024.
I'm sure we are bound to be in for (yet) another surprise in December 2024.

:eek:

Back