Six Nations Rugby

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm not a great fan of The Six Nations. If suffers like a lot of American team sports, in that with there being no relegation - there's no jeopardy. The
same teams just keep playing each other every year.

M

murran

I'm not a great fan of The Six Nations. If suffers like a lot of American team sports, in that with there being no relegation - there's no jeopardy. The
same teams just keep playing each other every year.
That's why it is called the six nations funnily enough and it's probably down to national pride

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
A man with funny shaped balls. It usually is!
"A man with funny shaped balls."

Ah, the usual jibe from a woman who does not understand a 'man's game'.
My dear woman: Only ONE ball is in play at any given moment in the game.
I suppose you would lose comical effect if you had applied the singular. So, you SHOULD have said, 'a man with a funny shaped ball'.
But it's a team sport, so again we must use the plural, men. Hence: 'men with a funny shaped ball'. Are you getting my drift now?
Still, being funny is an art form and not one to be gleaned from Woman's Weekly.

:rolls_eyes:

M

murran

I suppose you would lose comical effect if you had applied the singular. So, you SHOULD have said, 'a man with a funny shaped ball'.
But it's a team sport, so again we must use the plural, men. Hence: 'men with a funny shaped ball'. Are you getting my drift now?
Still, being funny is an art form and not one to be gleaned from Woman's Weekly.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
They Added Italy to the Nation's over dwindling viewers, don't quote me on that though
Didn't It used to be called The Five Nations before they let Italy in? One day to be called The Eight Nations because I think they're looking to expand the competition with Portugal and South Africa. Whatever they do, I hope they add a relegation element.

DragonFire

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, i dont think they will expand anymore the veiwing have tripled the last couple of years

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

This isn't sarcasm, my dear woman; it's logical deduction. Suggesting that Scotland would win The Six Nations, however, WAS sarcasm.
You just have to face the fact that it was an extremely poor attempt on the O.P.'s part misusing the singular of two words, (i.e. balls and men), imperative for the comic effect.
Sarcasm, by the way, has its part to play in The Forums, as you will discover.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Isn't the full quote from Oscar Wilde :-
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence."

Although wasn't there another quote which said :-
"If wit were sh** you'd be constipated"

No idea who said it, or what it's got to do with rugby, as for who is gonna win.
Probably Ireland again.

As for "Funny shaped balls"
Considering all men have asymmetric, funny shaped balls, it's propably a correct assumption.
:oops:

M

murran

Isn't the full quote from Oscar Wilde :-
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence."

Although wasn't there another quote which said :-
"If wit were sh** you'd be constipated"

No idea who said it, or what it's got to do with rugby, as for who is gonna win.
Probably Ireland again.

Considering all men have asymmetric, funny shaped balls, it's propably a correct assumption.
:oops:
Well as usual u have your opinion for what.it counts

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Very true. One is always bigger than the other. Probably nature's way to stop them banging together.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Very true. One is always bigger than the other. Probably nature's way to stop them banging together.
It's natures way of allowing us to wear pants with things dangling in the right places.
Which side does one wear ones, extremity, is governed by which ball is bigger.

Floyd

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

Back