Eastenders

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Oh, come on! Does anyone really die after they've lived in Albert Square for a bit? The place is like the elixir- live there for a few years, you'll die in mysterious circumstances and miraculously come back to life with more kids than you died with (except Kathy- she came back with more husbands).
I'm now waiting for Fatboy to turn up married to both Roxy and Ronnie, Mormon style, dragging 7 children behind them.

And has everyone forgotten about Cindy Jnr? She's Cindy's number 2 daughter (eldest now alive) and with a grandchild from the extended Butcher/Wicks/Jackson family and living with Liam Butcher. She's the one mummy faked her death while giving birth too, but alas- long forgotten for a repetitive script.

Why do I pay a TV licence for this?
(Well, this and Ghosts.)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I used to be an avid watcher of Eastenders in its early days... Den and Angie... Arthur getting banged up for stealing the club money to pay for Michelle's wedding... Haven't watched it for years now though...
As for Ghosts, are you watching the U.S version? it's well better, they've took it onto a whole new level.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I used to be an avid watcher of Eastenders in its early days... Den and Angie... Arthur getting banged up for stealing the club money to pay for Michelle's wedding... Haven't watched it for years now though...
As for Ghosts, are you watching the U.S version? it's well better, they've took it onto a whole new level.
A lot's happened since then, but nothing original unfortunately. I have sent them many unsolicited scripts, but they continue to go with ripping off Coronation Street. It's their loss!

OMG, Ghosts! I bloody love it! Loved the U.K version, but yes- the U.S version is better, if that could be possible! Just recently binge watched Series 2. It's definitely got better background stories to the ghosts than the U.K version and they bring a lot more cameo ghosts into it. If you haven't seen all of series 2 yet, there is a special guest from the U.K version :)

Aqua1

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Love Eastenders! Yes its beyond belief at times but it's great entertainment and easy watching, hope they bring back Mick Carter.....alwight bruvvaa!!!

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Love Eastenders! Yes its beyond belief at times but it's great entertainment and easy watching, hope they bring back Mick Carter.....alwight bruvvaa!!!
He'll be back! There's a future storyline in that they haven't found his body. I'll bet my Tescos meal deal on the future reunification of him and Linda, raising the baby he had with Janine. There'll be episodes where Linda is acting shifty, disappearing off on mysterious holidays (probably to Spain- the residents of Walford seem to have clubbed together on timeshares in Spain). In one of them, you'll find out why- she's been meeting up with Mick. He faked his own death to get away from Janine.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
My favourite eastender was Nik cotton, he sadly left because the script writers asked him to have a affair with lofty.... John pointed out Nik wasn't gay, and he wasn't prepared to do this,

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Pahahahahaha! Now what did I say about Fatboy coming back from the dead?!?!
Tonight's episode is like Night of the Living Dead!o_O

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Operation cow pat was a good episode, Barry starts a coo to get rid of pat, from the taxi office, and as for wilmot brown what a wrong un he was

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Ok...well...this week will be one that goes daaaannn in Eastenders history! Not only did they drag up Psycho Cindy, but the script writers went all out and got the two previously deceased Beale women to give each other a good ol' Pearly Queen slap. It wouldn't have been a proper Eastenders Clash of the Corpses without one.

Not only that, but they re-assembled a squished Fatboy, whipped the spliff out of his hand and gave him some random, unnecessary bit part in a flash back, which left me screwing up my face with a big "Huh?". I'm not sure I've ever lived through an era where random strangers knocked on the tinted window of a car to ask for the time. But apparently, the concept works for an Eastenders script!

It also works that ex-Walford resident, Cindy Beale- aka Rose Knight- while in hiding under witness protection is in the right place, at the right time to meet and subsequently hook up with the high profile, famous boxer, George Knight, in Marbella- who then, after Rose's mysterious disappearance, just so happens to hook up with the mother of a woman who is a current resident of Walford! (Bloody hell! That's a mouthful!)
And they all end up in a dingy pub in Walford.
There are hundreds of countries in the world, but all roads lead back to The Queen Vic in Walford.

I have no idea what the bejesus kind of lifestyle the script writers are experimenting with, but the recent script seems to be based on nostalgia and giving old cast mates a job. The only storyline I'm looking forward to now is what Cindy is going to do to Bobby. There's some not-so-well hidden resentment there for the murder of Lucy, so I can't wait to see where they bring Psycho Cindy with that one.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A great write-up ^^^ i'm almost tempted to start watching it again. :)
. I'm not sure I've ever lived through an era where random strangers knocked on the tinted window of a car to ask for the time. But apparently, the concept works for an Eastenders script!
I'm reminded of the night a friend flagged down a black cab. . .. to ask him if he had the time... :eek:

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
A great write-up ^^^ i'm almost tempted to start watching it again. :)

I'm reminded of the night a friend flagged down a black cab. . .. to ask him if he had the time... :eek:
That made me laugh!

I do recall flagging taxis down to ask them if I could bum a fag off them. Luckily, all the pubs I used to frequent were in a ring around an imposing town hall clock. If anyone needed to ask the time, they were blind as a bat or extremely drunk!

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Had such a crush on Cindy Beale (Michelle Collins) 35'ish years ago when she first starred lol
Had to watch Eastenders every fecking tea time cause my mam loved it.
Why do people still watch it :rolleyes:

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Had such a crush on Cindy Beale (Michelle Collins) 35'ish years ago when she first starred lol
Had to watch Eastenders every fecking tea time cause my mam loved it.
Why do people still watch it :rolleyes:
Cindy is back- with bells and wrinkles and a couple more kids! :p
I vividly remember watching the very first Eastenders. Before that started, we had Coronation Street, Emmerdale Farm and Crossroads as regularly weekly viewing, but when that started my mother thought it was more like 'real life' than the other soaps. I suppose it was more relevant to where we lived than the other soaps. Obviously, Crossroads is no longer; Emmerdale Farm is now just Emmerdale and I haven't watched it since the mid-80's, but I still watch Corrie.

Soaps are like a wholesome winter stew made like your granny used to- stability, nostalgia, a signal that the day is over and it's time to switch off from the day and live in someone else's world.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
OMG, Ghosts! I bloody love it! Loved the U.K version, but yes- the U.S version is better, if that could be possible! Just recently binge watched Series 2. It's definitely got better background stories to the ghosts than the U.K version and they bring a lot more cameo ghosts into it. If you haven't seen all of series 2 yet, there is a special guest from the U.K version :)
I finally finished Ghosts Series 2, it's even better that Series 1. :) I was looking out for the special guest from the UK version you mentioned, but he/she/they! passed me by, I didn't notice anyone from the UK and i'm sure I watched every episode. :confused:

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I finally finished Ghosts Series 2, it's even better that Series 1. :) I was looking out for the special guest from the UK version you mentioned, but he/she/they! passed me by, I didn't notice anyone from the UK and i'm sure I watched every episode. :confused:
I'm having trouble accessing BBC iPlayer, but if I recall rightly it was one of the creators & original Ghosts, Matthew Baynton (Thomas)- he plays one of the actors when they've got the film crew there filming. I can't remember what episode it is or if I have this completely correct- they're there to film a retelling of Flower's death by a bear, but then end up doing a story about one of the others (or the other way around!)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm having trouble accessing BBC iPlayer, but if I recall rightly it was one of the creators & original Ghosts, Matthew Baynton (Thomas)- he plays one of the actors when they've got the film crew there filming. I can't remember what episode it is or if I have this completely correct- they're there to film a retelling of Flower's death by a bear, but then end up doing a story about one of the others (or the other way around!)
I've just been rewatching the 'flower' episode on the iPlayer, and I see him now. He's the actor roped in to play the scout leader. It was the different
hairstyle and glasses that flummoxed me. You are way more observant than I am... Thanks for the heads up. :)

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I've just been rewatching the 'flower' episode on the iPlayer, and I see him now. He's the actor roped in to play the scout leader. It was the different
hairstyle and glasses that flummoxed me. You are way more observant than I am... Thanks for the heads up. :)
There ya go! ;)
Honestly, Lady, my powers of observation are not always to my benefit! Lol I have Aspergers characteristics and was tested a few years ago for autism, but alas, I'm not neurodivergent....just neurotic and hyper-vigilant! :oops::p

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There ya go! ;)
Honestly, Lady, my powers of observation are not always to my benefit! Lol I have Aspergers characteristics and was tested a few years ago for autism, but alas, I'm not neurodivergent....just neurotic and hyper-vigilant! :oops::p
Nothing wrong with been neurodivergent, I have been for decades.
Just means lifes different and sometimes a bit strange, but generally, life is simply what it is.
One revelation after another of both how wonderful we are as a species and yet how fecked up we all are individually.

What is normal anyway?
If one is divergent, that means one is different from the norm.
Yet the norm does not exist, it is a simple averaging of a test group.

As in, pointless.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with been neurodivergent, I have been for decades.
Just means lifes different and sometimes a bit strange, but generally, life is simply what it is.
One revelation after another of both how wonderful we are as a species and yet how fecked up we all are individually.

What is normal anyway?
If one is divergent, that means one is different from the norm.
Yet the norm does not exist, it is a simple averaging of a test group.

As in, pointless.
I didn't imply that there was anything wrong with being neuro-divergent, just that I'd been tested and deemed not neuro-divergent, despite demonstrating characteristics that would give reason to think I am.

But thank you. Your post explains a lot.

Back