Would you do an activity or go to an event on your own?

Lori

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Of course. Doing stuff by yourself is so much fun (I mean... I don't need to tell you that) , but seriously, I love going to the cinema by myself, try going to the cinema by yourself and then tell me about it! it's one of the best programmes ever!
I generally enjoy watching some weird ass foreign movies so it is hard to find someone willing to watch them with me anyway lol

Lori

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
going to the beach, having a couple of beers and enjoying the nature is another great activity!

doonhamer3

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Been going to classic car shows on my own for years, go away for weekends on my own, mind you I live alone so used to doing things solo.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I'm a loner in the Francis Chichester mould, he once said "If I do something with somebody, I feel like I'm only half-doing it"

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
Yeah, doing stuff on your own is the key to be able to enjoy doing stuff with others without having to feel the need to fit in.

Cirdan

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I quite often do gigs on my own. Always nice to have company, of course, but if no one's around then I'd rather go solo than miss something I want to see.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I recently went to bingo on my own and got laughed at, plenty of people go to bingo alone so would you guys go to places or do activities on your own?
Who laughed at you, sweetie? Do you want me to go and tell them off for you?
Take no notice of insecure people. I bet those who laughed wouldn't be brave enough to do something on their own- always need someone to hold their hand. Do what you want, go where you want to. Whether you have someone with you or are on you're own is no one else's business- you're a grown adult enjoying Bingo and I doubt very much you were the only one there going solo.

Anyway, isn't Bingo an old people's pick up joint? Persevere and ignore the haters. You never know, you might find the love of your life there!

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
When I was in a cycling club it was a nightmare because on clubruns people kept wanting to stop for rests all the time, or were arguing about what route to take etc.
In one 100-mile ride I got fed up with people trying to scrounge food and drink from my rucksack that I rode off alone and completed the course but the scoungers had dropped out long before..:)

Dantheman

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Who laughed at you, sweetie? Do you want me to go and tell them off for you?
Take no notice of insecure people. I bet those who laughed wouldn't be brave enough to do something on their own- always need someone to hold their hand. Do what you want, go where you want to. Whether you have someone with you or are on you're own is no one else's business- you're a grown adult enjoying Bingo and I doubt very much you were the only one there going solo.

Anyway, isn't Bingo an old people's pick up joint? Persevere and ignore the haters. You never know, you might find the love of your life there!

There were a few ppl there that were a young age, but it seemed no1 liked it when they had to share a tenner with me on a line

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
There were a few ppl there that were a young age, but it seemed no1 liked it when they had to share a tenner with me on a line
Aha! Now there lies your problem- coke and Bingo houses don't usually mix well, no matter how young you are.
And it's never hygienic to pass the tenner between noses. Dirty places, noses. Contagious germs love hanging around up there. I don't blame them.

Back