What's going on?

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Another woman has been found dead in a river.

‘A body has been found amid a search for a missing 65-year-old woman who went missing in Norfolk over a week ago, police have confirmed.

Kim Wilde disappeared from her home in Thetford, Norfolk around 4.20pm on January 5, prompting a wide search of the area.

Police announced they had found a body in the Little Ouse River, just south of Thetford Power Station, at 10:30am today. While the body was not immediately identified as Ms Wilde, police said her family had been informed. Emergency services attended the scene including police, fire, and ambulance. 'Inquiries are ongoing but the death is not believed to be suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner,' a statement read.’

In the past few years, there has been a steady increase in fatalities caused by rivers. A significant increase in women being drowned in rivers.

What the heck is going on?? All have been deemed ‘not suspicious’, with many of the women being negatively portrayed in the media has having mental health issues, despite a few, according to family members, not experiencing mental health issues prior to going missing and being found drowned. So, I ask the question again- what the fcuk is going on?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Another woman has been found dead in a river.

‘A body has been found amid a search for a missing 65-year-old woman who went missing in Norfolk over a week ago, police have confirmed.

Kim Wilde disappeared from her home in Thetford, Norfolk around 4.20pm on January 5, prompting a wide search of the area.

Police announced they had found a body in the Little Ouse River, just south of Thetford Power Station, at 10:30am today. While the body was not immediately identified as Ms Wilde, police said her family had been informed. Emergency services attended the scene including police, fire, and ambulance. 'Inquiries are ongoing but the death is not believed to be suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner,' a statement read.’

In the past few years, there has been a steady increase in fatalities caused by rivers. A significant increase in women being drowned in rivers.

What the heck is going on?? All have been deemed ‘not suspicious’, with many of the women being negatively portrayed in the media has having mental health issues, despite a few, according to family members, not experiencing mental health issues prior to going missing and being found drowned. So, I ask the question again- what the fcuk is going on?
You have heard of 'Copy Cat' killers?

It's the same with 'Suicides'

Some folks who want to end their life copy what they have seen or heard.

Walking into a river.... fully committed to suicide, isn't a bad way to go.

Jumping off a bridge or tall building..? Not everyone can get to a high bridge or the top of a tall building can they.

Walking to a river is fairly easy for most folk.

EDITED. To Add.

It's about education as well. I could end my life tomorrow morning in 2 seconds with zero pain or suffering.

Not everyone is educated (Enough) to know how best to do it.

Last edited:

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
You have heard of 'Copy Cat' killers?

It's the same with 'Suicides'

Some folks who want to end their life copy what they have seen or heard.

Walking into a river.... fully committed to suicide, isn't a bad way to go.

Jumping off a bridge or tall building..? Not everyone can get to a high bridge or the top of a tall building can they.

Walking to a river is fairly easy for most folk.

EDITED. To Add.

It's about education as well. I could end my life tomorrow morning in 2 seconds with zero pain or suffering.

Not everyone is educated (Enough) to know how best to do it.

Yes, it could quite possibly be a trend, especially for women.
For God's sake, atheism on hold, PLEASE don't be giving out any tips to that effect.
Amen.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Old people need to stop skinny dipping.

Ok, to far, my bad.

feck.. sorry for the family.

Back