What is your biggest gripe while on a bus?

Dantheman

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I hate going on a bus and seeing college students pushing on to get a bus and not caring who was queuing up before they arrive or caring about elderly or people with pushchairs

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
People

S

Saphire

I don't get buses nowadays, thank God.
My biggest gripe was when forced to share a double seat with a strange male, and for some reason, many men insist on sitting with their legs spreadeagled.
I would either have to endure their thigh pushing into mine, or swerve my legs away at an angle, either getting them bashed by people using the passageway, or squashing them up against the window.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I don't get buses nowadays, thank God.
My biggest gripe was when forced to share a double seat with a strange male, and for some reason, many men insist on sitting with their legs spreadeagled.
I would either have to endure their thigh pushing into mine, or swerve my legs away at an angle, either getting them bashed by people using the passageway, or squashing them up against the window.

It's called "Man Spreading".
It happens because we have balls.
They dont appreciate being clamped between ones own thighs.
Especially if the man was.. "Large".
As in fat thighs, not.. nm.. ffs.

S

Saphire

It's called "Man Spreading".
It happens because we have balls.
They dont appreciate being clamped between ones own thighs.
Especially if the man was.. "Large".
As in fat thighs, not.. nm.. ffs.
The men who I have had the misfortune to sit next to on the buses must have had extremely large ....thighs,:rolleyes:

Cera

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
The human mentality of giving up your seat for a pregnant woman. I do not see the same rules applying to overweight people who heavily influence society ..

S

Saphire

The human mentality of giving up your seat for a pregnant woman. I do not see the same rules applying to overweight people who heavily influence society ..
Blimey, you sound like such a caring soul. :rolleyes:

C

ChasingRubies

People with rotten stinking colds coughing and sneezing their guts up. That and people who play music out loud on their phones, fucking obnoxious fuckers.

Nightsky

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I have problems walking and use a stick. I hate when I get on the bus and can't sit in the disability seat, as some people sitting there with shopping.on the seat. I ask them to move it. I also have to say many youngsters and people give up their seat, I really appreciate that.

ruthless

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
mines quite simple, i drink alcohol on the bus i dont hide it . being told off by passengers - drop me out. move buses if ur that bothered.
the other thing is , my partner is on a stick and some people do take the piss.

PRAMS WITHOUT BABIES IN

driver swaps

and smellies

RequiemForACat

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
People with rotten stinking colds coughing and sneezing their guts up. That and people who play music out loud on their phones, fucking obnoxious fuckers.

I still stand by this, they don't even cough or sneeze into a tissue or their arm or something, just shameless.

bananacabage

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
The man next to me will not let me listen to what he's playing on his earbuds : (

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
When you pay for your bus fare in cash, but don't have the right amount, the driver hands you a credit note with the amount owed to you.
Stagecoach are very fond of doing this, So I thought I would name and shame them.

Back