We ask you: is it wrong to politicise Rishi Sunak f**king off D-Day veterans to be on ITV?

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
THE prime minister chose not to disrespect ITV, our greatest terrestrial channel, by missing his interview with them. Were opponents wrong to make this a political issue?

Bill McKay, roadside recovery operative:
“The D-Day commemoration was cross-party and apolitical, so pissing off home halfway through was the same. Logic, bitches.”

Mary Fisher, vicar: “What if it was Starmer who politicised it by staying? What if that were our reality, and it made him worse than Himmler?”

Margaret Gerving, headteacher: “Look, I know how much it costs to keep a taxi waiting. To keep a helicopter waiting must be four, five times that, so it’s understandable.”

Emma Bradford, dominatrix: “I’m still reeling from the discovery that Martin Freeman fought at D-Day. I suppose he is in everything f**king else.”

Martin Bishop, barman: “Every day’s a D-Day commemoration around my flat, ladies. To be clear, the D stands for dick.”

Paul Gibbins, unemployed sausage maker: “Well, where was Corbyn, you can't just blame Sunak for everything, can you.”

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I guess he can't trace a family history back so someone who actually died fighting for the freedoms we have today.
So he can't play the my ancestry card.
So why not ITV.
After all.. D-Day was what?
It's not like anyone cares any more who died for what.
To busy being their strong independent selves, or in my opinion, a**h****.

Or you have those who say..
Yes D-day matters, because they watched Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers.
Again, a**h****.

If, however, you actually care, know anything about military history, geo-politics or psychology.
Then one respects those who, given the odd's, defended what they thought was right.

Personally, anyone who disrespects the D-Day remembrance events deserves to have a compulsory history lesson.

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I feel most of those who took part in WW2 are now died and those who remember it soon will be.

It's an odd one because most of these children born after World War Two are now starting to die. My own father who's in his 80s isn't long for this world and he's the only real connection I have to that period. Born in being born in 1943 he doesn't remember much about the war and he was lucky enough to avoid national service. National service ended the year before he was due to go.

I can't think of anyone I know today with living memory of that period.

Its like the battle of waterloo.

Waterloo Day is 18 June, the date of the Battle of Waterloo, in 1815.

In the past we had a bank holiday for it, but 200 years on its almost forgotten.

I find it funny but most of these battle is always seem to happen in June or October..... the ones that changed the world.

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Whoever was responsible for his schedule needs taking to task. They must have realised that it would seem insensitive to leave early.

Back