Waving at people on boats, and other random sh** Brits do for no reason.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
WE might ignore each other on trains, but we will cheer with wild abandon when a stranger drops a glass. Here are some of the other weird things Brits love to do:

Obsess over bins

No other nationality in the world cares quite so much about their bins. We will f**k up anyone who tries to move ours without permission and are so strangely possessive of them that we paint huge numbers on the sides to mark our territory. We’d probably piss on them like dogs too, if it wouldn’t get us arrested.

Wave at people on boats

There’s absolutely no reason for a grown adult to be delighted by a boat. Yet many of us will happily take a second out from being a miserable bastard to maniacally wave at people on a slightly unusual form of transport, and be absolutely thrilled if they see us and wave back.

Act like normal things are terribly naughty

Going for a bog-standard night out? Cheeky! Having a biscuit? Naughty! Entering a relationship? Oh, you dirty dog. We love to consider any normal activity in our bland little lives a hilarious act of deviance. And as for genuine acts of deviance? We blithely ignore those, especially if committed by an MP.

Cheer at smashed glass

There’s nothing more British than celebrating a minor mistake with the kind of cheer usually reserved for England getting through to the second round of the Euros before inevitably being knocked out. We think the failure of others is beautiful and couldn’t possibly let it go unnoticed, even though we detest anyone pointing it out when we f**k up ourselves.

Say hello to everyone on country walks

Brits have long mastered the art of politely ignoring each other. But in the great outdoors we feel obliged to bob our heads and say some mundane pleasantry to anyone passing us, as if we were simple rural folk on the way to help with the harvest, rather than city dwellers trudging back to the National Trust car park to get in our massive SUVs.

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Does anyone else say 'hello' to the ducks and swans on the river?

C

ChasingRubies

Salute magpies.
Mock people when we're with friends.
Think tea cures everything.

Wake_And_Cake

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Mooning at coaches.

Going "wahey" when someone in a pub drops a plate or glass, but I think that might be a universal thing.

SamBally

Reaction score
Taking 3 days to say goodbye on the mobile after ringing to moan about how hot/cold/wet the weather is.

"I am going now."

"All right. I'll see you later."

"See you."

"Oh say hi to the kids for me."

"Will do. Take care."

"Thank you! Goodbye!"

"Bye!"

"Thanks."

"See you!"

"Cheers, bye!

"Hang up."

"No, you first."

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
"Blah , blah de blah blah"

You are, at last, beginning to appreciate the British sense of community, spirit and humour.
Is this because these actions are 'foreign' to you?
I somehow think so.
:rolleyes:

P.S. ... why don't you go and live in the dystopia (Rwanda?) you appear to align yourself with?

SamBally

Reaction score
You are, at last, beginning to appreciate the British sense of community, spirit and humour.
Is this because these actions are 'foreign' to you?
I somehow think so.
:rolleyes:

P.S. ... why don't you go and live in the dystopia (Rwanda?) you appear to align yourself with?

What on earth are you babbling on about now you crazy old bastard?

Do you even know?

No, I suspect you don't.

Do fu/ck off, you thesaurus fondling OTT Poundshop wannabe wordsmith, and go and take your medication ASAP.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
* Summary of outcome: target hit; humiliation achieved.
By the way, you can't call people old when you don't know their age. This from someone who claims to rely on 'fact'.

Don't fall into the trap that that feeble, cliched 'insult' has any impact on here nowadays.
:cool:

SamBally

Reaction score
Unfortunately, and I 'say' this with great regret, it is just NOT a pleasure to read any of that incoherent gibberish but however yes I do acknowledge that I was so obviously "humiliated". Merely because a boy impersonating a very very very old man had the impudence to publish an angry tirade of regurgitated vomit that would even make Dave Pile, aged 59, blush.

Desperate to infest my board PURITY with the same witless absurdity, the same bleak misery, the same repetitive inanity, the halo of mediocrity that encapsulates his entire existence in main chat.

Well past his use-by date and so pathetically needy for validation from total strangers that he has spent an extraordinary amount of time online carving out a role as a thesaurus fondling obsessive, desperately trying to achieve it, and yet somehow... despite the enormous effort it has taken and all those years gainfully trying, failing so so miserably.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Please STOP IT! You are literally 'killing' me!

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.gif

SamBally

Reaction score
Yes, in Wicked's whacky world of random words on a screen, yet more out-of-context gibberish announcing words on a screen "literally kill him", "literally" only a few hours after announcing some other out-of-context gibberish about "facts".

There is no hope for him and so I think it is the only humane option here.

Back