Virtue signalling in Sport

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Anyone else getting tired of the virtue signalling from sport? Whatever happened to the mantra 'sports and politics should not mix'? :rolleyes: I don't know about you, but I watch the race/game for entertainment and as a distraction from my troubles. But these days you cannot enjoy the game until you've heard the message of the day. Forced to listen/watch cultural/political messages before and during the game. I wonder how far this virtue signalling will spread? Imagine if restaurants had a similar policy. You order your meal, the waiter lectures you on social justice, and ethical issues, then during your meal "Does madam really want that steak, are you aware of the suffering involved?" You never know. :)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
World sports are all we have.
Once people start sacking sports people because they happen to come from this country or that country, it becomes political.

Can we not differentiate?

Reaction score
With the expelling of Russian people from events because they're Russian, what's the difference between doing that and racism? Countries may be limited in choice when it comes to having an impact in Russia but targeting what are innocent individuals because they happen to have been born in a certain area should be left in the history books. Noone should be punished for where they're from.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Footballers are forever virtue signalling about this, that and the other. And yet soon they are about to play the World Cup in Qatar, where homosexuality is illegal. :rolleyes: It's a funny old world.

Back