Turkey.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Turkey (the country) is changing its name to 'Turkiye'. I'm not sure if this is being done to avoid confusion with Turkey (the bird) but these countries and cities that change their names confuse me. Myanmar, Mumbai etc I still think of them as Burma, Bombay... I'm not sure of the reasons for the change of names, but I'm glad we don't go in for that sort of thing. Then again, it's not like we could improve 'Great Britain' is it? We're Britain and we're great. Says it all really.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
In Turkish = Turkiye

In English = Turkey

blow kiss gif.gif

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Let's be honest... Long after empire faded it's a bit arrogant, so British, to still describe yourself as Great.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Let's be honest... Long after empire faded it's a bit arrogant
Yes, I take the point about arrogance. We British, this sceptered isle, this England! expects the rest of the world to speak English. We demand Europe remains forever grateful for liberating the continent during WW2 etc...

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
We demand Europe remains forever grateful for liberating the continent during WW2 etc...
That's how America finally ended the remnants of Empire isn't it, let us do all the hard slog before they casually sauntered in and stole all the glory and while they charged us for the 'privilege'.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
But....would anyone like to NOT live in Britain, great or not?

Seems to me theres many people crossing the channel to come here.

To them we are Great.

Perhaps we should take a minute and actually think about how Great we are, everyone else seems to think we are, so why not us?

People make me chuckle when they say how bad we are, fine, try living in Africa where you have no internet to b**** on, you have no electric, you have no water in your taps.

Be grateful and fight for the rights of others, but never forget how lucky you are.

I'd love to know how many people in here have actualy done charity work abroad, actually helped apart from the "£3 a month" bs to make them feel good.

It makes me sick, the apathy of people who talk a big argument but do feck all.

They attempt to judge without knowing a damned thing about the realities of the situations in those countries.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'd love to know how many people in here have actualy done charity work abroad, actually helped apart from the "£3 a month" bs to make them feel good.
I wonder how many of those '£3 a months' it takes to pay for the daytime TV ads and the salaries of charity bosses before any of it goes to the
worthy causes?

Back