Thoughts on The Grand National

Andrew5556

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Please allow me to clear up all of this horseshit!
I have been an avid fan of horse racing for over 40 years to date and I have always felt terrible when seeing an injured horse.
Fortunately for us all compared to past eras of horse racing,fatal injuries to horses are now few and far between.
Thankfully the BHRB(British horse racing board) the main authority and overseer of all British horse racing,have worked tirelessly to improve the safety of racing for both horses and jockeys alike.
Safer lower fences for national hunt racing and power given to on course vets to not allow a horse to race if there is the slightest problem with the horse.
But other safety procedures are now in place that most people have no idea exist.
For instance; hurdles and fences are dulled off and are not allowed to be jumped by any horse if the sun is low in the sky and can possibly hinder both a horse and jockeys vision.
These races are run at the original distance with less fences/hurdles to be jumped.
This is a regular occurrence in today's horse racing world.
Race meetings are abandoned any rain has made any turn to be deemed slippery and unsafe.
In the old days a horse could be whipped for encouragement any number of times,but in today's racing and especially in flat racing,this has been reduced greatly to just a handful at the business end of a race,where almost all whip usage occurs.
Jockeys are nowadays banned from racing for a period of time,depending on the severity of the offence,whip your mount just once in a race more than the rules allow,will always see the jockey banned from riding.
Now to the main point!
Fact: If a horse does not want to race,please trust me when I tell you,nobody has any chance of making it race.
Horses love to race and if they don't fancy it on the day then that's it,they are going nowhere.
Horses also like to jump fences and hurdles, Any horse that does not fancy jumping any fence in a race,then quite simply it will refuse to jump,just as it will refuse to even start a race if it does not want to race!
Nothing personal towards anyone who has posted on this subject.

Horseshit cleared!!! Haha!!!

Andrew5556

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Please allow me to clear up all of this horseshit!
I have been an avid fan of horse racing for over 40 years to date and I have always felt terrible when seeing an injured horse.
Fortunately for us all compared to past eras of horse racing,fatal injuries to horses are now few and far between.
Thankfully the BHRB(British horse racing board) the main authority and overseer of all British horse racing,have worked tirelessly to improve the safety of racing for both horses and jockeys alike.
Safer lower fences for national hunt racing and power given to on course vets to not allow a horse to race if there is the slightest problem with the horse.
But other safety procedures are now in place that most people have no idea exist.
For instance; hurdles and fences are dulled off and are not allowed to be jumped by any horse if the sun is low in the sky and can possibly hinder both a horse and jockeys vision.
These races are run at the original distance with less fences/hurdles to be jumped.
This is a regular occurrence in today's horse racing world.
Race meetings are abandoned any rain has made any turn to be deemed slippery and unsafe.
In the old days a horse could be whipped for encouragement any number of times,but in today's racing and especially in flat racing,this has been reduced greatly to just a handful at the business end of a race,where almost all whip usage occurs.
Jockeys are nowadays banned from racing for a period of time,depending on the severity of the offence,whip your mount just once in a race more than the rules allow,will always see the jockey banned from riding.
Now to the main point!
Fact: If a horse does not want to race,please trust me when I tell you,nobody has any chance of making it race.
Horses love to race and if they don't fancy it on the day then that's it,they are going nowhere.
Horses also like to jump fences and hurdles, Any horse that does not fancy jumping any fence in a race,then quite simply it will refuse to jump,just as it will refuse to even start a race if it does not want to race!
Nothing personal towards anyone who has posted on this subject.

Horseshit cleared!!! Haha!!!
If you do enjoy the odd flutter,then on the flat racing card at Salisbury on Wednesday 11th June 2024 is a horse of winning potential on its second run to date.
Having finished 6th of the 12 runners on its racing debut in November as a 2yo, That run will have him much wiser to the task ahead and this now 3yo has had the form of that 6th place finish boosted several times by runners from the same race.
well thought of as a yearling, it took a bid of 130,000 guineas to secure its purchase.
Drawn in stall 2 is a real advantage and with the services of Kieran Shoemark in the saddle,I can see Victory in this race leading to a bright future.
--------- -------- -----------
Not a mortgage job but does look good in the context of the race.
No:1)~{AMSTERDAM}~
(4.07PM-SALISBURY){11th June24) 7F Good/firm
Currently at odds of (4/1) available at all main UK bookmakers.
Good luck to all who stake an interest in the race.
Enjoy the buzz that a punt provides and enjoy the race.

Back