Them and us!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Three yobs were stopped by a policeman for attempting a vehicle robbery. In the melee that followed the policeman's foot became entangled in a tow rope, the car sped off and for a mile he was dragged at high speed along the road.
He died of multiple injuries.
Now demands are being made for killers of police to serve a full life sentence, with no parole.
Other voices however say that there should not be two punishments, ie, one for policemen and another, less severe sentence, for the public.
Are we all equal?

B

Bad_Influence

Three yobs were stopped by a policeman for attempting a vehicle robbery. In the melee that followed the policeman's foot became entangled in a tow rope, the car sped off and for a mile he was dragged at high speed along the road.
He died of multiple injuries.
Now demands are being made for killers of police to serve a full life sentence, with no parole.
Other voices however say that there should not be two punishments, ie, one for policemen and another, less severe sentence, for the public.
Are we all equal?

Of course we are not all equal.When you can get a longer sentence for robbing a bank than for murder you know something is not right. We need sentences to fit the crime, whether that means you should get a longer term for killing a certain type of person is debatable though. The police put themselves out there and know the risks but I do think there needs to be some sort of deterrent to stop these idiots attacking the police.
The whole justice system needs to be updated in my opinion, starting with scrapping the fact that the length of a sentence means nothing at the moment. If you’re sentenced to 10 years, you serve 10 years, not the current 5 and maybe less for being a good little boy (or girl) in prison.
I feel sorry for the police in lots of ways, not least for the fact that they catch fuckwits and get them up before a judge only for said judge to give the criminal a slap on the wrist or maybe a holiday at taxpayers expense.
Something it very wrong.

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The justice system is out of date and needs looking at as a whole, the time should fit the crime and same applied to all unless you are not of sane mind

Back