The torture and murder of 6 year old Arthur.

S

Saphire

Little Arthur Labinjo-Hughes suffered 'a bruise for every day of lockdown' at the hands of his cruel dad and step-mum, a prosecutor said.

The six-year-old was murdered at his home in Solihull in June 2020, with doctors later discovering more than 130 bruises on his body.

His step-mother Emma Tustin, 32, was found guilty of murder on Thursday, while his father Thomas Hughes, 29, was found guilty of manslaughter.

During a harrowing eight-week trial, jurors at Coventry Crown Court heard how the pair had subjected the child to months of abuse, likened to 'torture', before his death.

S

Saphire

The sentencing of his father, found guilty of manslaughter, and his stepmother, guilty of murder, will happen today.

Pity the death penalty isn't still carried out here.

S

Saphire

Once more, a vulnerable child, has been let down.
Not only by his monster parents, but by social workers....who once more, are found sadly failing.

"A council boss in charge of looking after vulnerable children at the time of a tragic six-year-old's murder left her post before his parents went on trial, it has emerged - as anger grows over the failures that led to his death despite being on social services' radar for three years.

Solihull's £122,294 Director of Children's Services, Louise Rees, boasted on LinkedIn that she is now 'retired and loving it' after leaving her job in August - three months after Arthur Labinjo-Hughes was tortured and killed under the cover of lockdown by his stepmother Emma Tustin, 32, and father, Thomas Hughes, 29."

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I saw the report of that killing on the news, and before it was shown the newsreader warned that some viewers would find it distressing, she wasn't kidding. I was one of those viewers. The sound recordings of the child crying " why won't you feed me, no one loves me" upset me so much I had to switch over. The thought that so much evil exists in this world terrifies me. Killers like that should never get out.

And as usual, the old mantra 'Lessons must be learnt' will be trotted out :mad:

Last edited:
S

Saphire

I saw the report of that killing on the news, and before it was shown the newsreader warned that some viewers would find it distressing, she wasn't kidding. I was one of those viewers. The sound recordings of the child crying " why won't you feed me, no one loves me" upset me so much I had to switch over. The thought that so much evil exists in this world terrifies me. Killers like that should never get out.

And as usual, the old mantra 'Lessons must be learnt' will be trotted out :mad:
I know, it was utterly heartbreaking. That poor little boy crying 'no one loves me'...I could cry myself right now just posting this.

The sentences are....

Emma Tustin is sentenced to life with a minimum term of 29 years.

Judge Wall tells her that is not the time she will spend in custody, but the minimum term before her case is even considered by a parole board. He says if they do not decide to release her, she will spend the rest of her life in prison.

He passes concurrent sentences of 10 years - the maximum - on each child cruelty offence.

Hughes is sentenced to 21 years.

He receives nine-year concurrent terms for the child cruelty offences.

S

Saphire

And LadyOnArooftop, you are so right when you say the half hearted apology (if it's ever forthcoming) will be accompanied by 'Lessons will be leaned', but it seems they never are.:(

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
This is so awful how can anyone hurt a child is beyond me and social services have let another child down its about time social services did there job!!...

F

FlatLined

Everyone let him down, how sad life is somtimes, what that poor kid was put tho. i hope the ones that let him down will suffer for it

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Little Arthur Labinjo-Hughes suffered 'a bruise for every day of lockdown' at the hands of his cruel dad and step-mum, a prosecutor said.

The six-year-old was murdered at his home in Solihull in June 2020, with doctors later discovering more than 130 bruises on his body.

His step-mother Emma Tustin, 32, was found guilty of murder on Thursday, while his father Thomas Hughes, 29, was found guilty of manslaughter.

During a harrowing eight-week trial, jurors at Coventry Crown Court heard how the pair had subjected the child to months of abuse, likened to 'torture', before his death.
Another failure of the system that's failing children. There was a similar story about a little boy named Daniel Pelka, here in Coventry also, where his parents starved him to death. His sibling tried to save him by hiding food in their pocket to give to Daniel.
Daniel's death was also a failure of the Social Services, the Police and the School. The sad thing was that Daniel couldn't communicate in English, which was something my father couldn't do until he started primary school, as his parents spoke only Polish in front of him.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Everyone let him down, how sad life is somtimes, what that poor kid was put tho. i hope the ones that let him down will suffer for it

I had a relative who used to be a prison guard in a womens prison about 30 years ago.

In male prisons rapists and child abusers have a very bad time and the guards just happen to be absent when it happens.

It's even worse in womens prisons for child abusers apparently, the sh** women can do to each other, damn.

Many serious cons have families and dont take kindly to perverts or abusers, I doubt it has changed much.

They are going to need eyes in the back of thier heads for decades.

F

FlatLined

I had a relative who used to be a prison guard in a womens prison about 30 years ago.

In male prisons rapists and child abusers have a very bad time and the guards just happen to be absent when it happens.

It's even worse in womens prisons for child abusers apparently, the sh** women can do to each other, damn.

Many serious cons have families and dont take kindly to perverts or abusers, I doubt it has changed much.

Im not an advocate of violence, this time they do get it, saw the kid on the news poor lad couldn't walk properly with his injury's, makes me so sad to think anyone could abouse kids in any form

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

I can only imagine how bad it is for a female abuser of children in a women's prison, especially considering a majority of them are mothers and grandparents. Maternal rage and instincts are a real thing. Try pissing off a mother or grandmother by hurting their kids, and It'll probably be the worst decision you'll ever make. But in prison? I dread to think what will happen to her in there.

S

Saphire

Personally, I couldn't care less what happens to either of them in prison.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
It's one of those all too familiar tragedies that was completely avoidable. The problem is that while the lynch mob thirst for vengeance the catastrophic mistakes that allowed it to happen are repeated again and again and again in the future.

S

Saphire

It's one of those all too familiar tragedies that was completely avoidable. The problem is that while the lynch mob thirst for vengeance the catastrophic mistakes that allowed it to happen are repeated again and again and again in the future.
Public outrage is inevitable when we read of cases like this.
Not only against the monsters who tortured and murdered this little boy, but at the social workers, teachers, police, society as a whole, for letting another child suffer and die in full public view.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Not only against the monsters who tortured and murdered this little boy, but at the social workers, teachers, police, society as a whole, for letting another child suffer and die in full public view.

Children are being butchered all over the UK on a daily if not weekly basis. Whether it be because of knife crime or a parent etc.

The MSM may well be the pied piper that leads public outrage on this particular occasion but the underlying causes are NOT being tackled and in a society where 11 years of austerity has stripped services to the bone.

I have no doubt the tory regime will find token scapegoats but it certainly won't be austerity and their policies.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

I wonder if anyone has done a background check on the so called "Adults" involved.
What were thier childhoods like?
Were they abused?
Where thier underlying psychological reasons for them acting the way they did?

Just curious.

S

Saphire

I wonder if anyone has done a background check on the so called "Adults" involved.
What were thier childhoods like?
Were they abused?
Where thier underlying psychological reasons for them acting the way they did?

Just curious.
The parent/step parent, are guilty of the crimes they have committed...whatever happened or didn't happen to them in the past is immaterial in the eyes of the law.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The parent/step parent, are guilty of the crimes they have committed...whatever happened or didn't happen to them in the past is immaterial in the eyes of the law.

I agree, but has anyone asked?

Do the sins of the father pass down to the sins of the son, or the mother to the daughter?
How do we know.

Anyway, it's a hypothetical question, my bad.

Back