The Overman - Nietzsche

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Link to the reading of the 'overman' (about 15 mins long)

Ok my attempt to understand the ''Overman''

Nietzsche in my view was trying to call the ''overman'' a new man free of previous man and would be superior to the modern man just as apes are seen as inferior to what the the modern man see's an ape today.

He takes the concepts of the Apollonian and the Dionysian

Apollonian

order
sculpture
creation
sobriety
chastity
individualization
wholeness/sanity
city/civilization
reality
rational/logical/calm
pattern/meaning

Dionysian

chads
music
destruction
intoxicationnature.
sexual license
group mentality/group think the mob
loss of individuality
fragmentation
nature/wilderness
emotional

He feels everyone has these conflicting forces that are tearing them apart which stops them from becoming the 'overman' Perhaps looking beyond the concept of the 'State or nation' which he might be implying is holding back the 'Overman' as the little people which he see's as submissive and effeminate are in power and only care about little virtues. (Sees It as degradation of the European Man compared to the Renaissance Era European Man)

What is more important for Nietzsche is the morality and behavior of the below not the constraints or views or social pressure of the above that holds people back from becoming the ''overman''

honesty
moral courage
generosity
politeness
intellectual integrity
re-evaluation

Certainly Nietzsche though was honest in his other texts as you get sense he was shy and socially disabled in some ways. He had a despise for all previous philosophers before him. He saw them using there own skills or even social status to justify their own moral prejudices.
He lacked the social confidence and social skills to become the 'cultured warrior' I believe he wanted to be after the creation of the 'Overman'

He believed that the rejection of Christian morality would be needed to become the 'Overman' even liberalism today is consumed by that. The strive for equality and mass acceptance of universalism by rejecting the truth and logic in many cases for the worship of equality which is the god of liberalism and marxism.

By being consumed by that god of equality you are holding back the brilliance of humanity to prop up the weak or less able. That energy that could be focused on sending men to mars is instead focused on helping 3rd world'ers' who lack the ability to industrially farm or even create cohesive complex societies for themselves. There are times when empathy has to be removed for the greater good just as tolerance and apathy has to be rejected for the progression or possible rebirth or even the start of a new religion for the 'Overman' to become a reality

Last edited:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Link to the reading of the 'overman' (about 15 mins long)

Ok my attempt to understand the ''Overman''

Nietzsche in my view was trying to call the ''overman'' a new man free of previous man and would be superior to the modern man just as apes are seen as inferior to what the the modern man see's an ape today.

He takes the concepts of the Apollonian and the Dionysian

Apollonian

order
sculpture
creation
sobriety
chastity
individualization
wholeness/sanity
city/civilization
reality
rational/logical/calm
pattern/meaning

Dionysian

chads
music
destruction
intoxicationnature.
sexual license
group mentality/group think the mob
loss of individuality
fragmentation
nature/wilderness
emotional

He feels everyone has these conflicting forces that are tearing them apart which stops them from becoming the 'overman' Perhaps looking beyond the concept of the 'State or nation' which he might be implying is holding back the 'Overman' as the little people which he see's as submissive and effeminate are in power and only care about little virtues. (Sees It as degradation of the European Man compared to the Renaissance Era European Man)

What is more important for Nietzsche is the morality and behavior of the below not the constraints or views or social pressure of the above that holds people back from becoming the ''overman''

honesty
moral courage
generosity
politeness
intellectual integrity
re-evaluation

Certainly Nietzsche though was honest in his other texts as you get sense he was shy and socially disabled in some ways. He had a despise for all previous philosophers before him. He saw them using there own skills or even social status to justify their own moral prejudices.
He lacked the social confidence and social skills to become the 'cultured warrior' I believe he wanted to be after the creation of the 'Overman'

He believed that the rejection of Christian morality would be needed to become the 'Overman' even liberalism today is consumed by that. The strive for equality and mass acceptance of universalism by rejecting the truth and logic in many cases for the worship of equality which is the god of liberalism and marxism.

By being consumed by that god of equality you are holding back the brilliance of humanity to prop up the weak or less able. That energy that could be focused on sending men to mars is instead focused on helping 3rd world'ers' who lack the ability to industrially farm or even create cohesive complex societies for themselves. There are times when empathy has to be removed for the greater good just as tolerance and apathy has to be rejected for the progression or possible rebirth or even the start of a new religion for the 'Overman' to become a reality

Overman or Superman? I fear the clay there is to work with is too fallible. There is an overall goodness in mankind which manifests itself in many diverse ways, where it comes from is unknowable in that it seems oddly placed in a developed monkey.

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Overman or Superman? I fear the clay there is to work with is too fallible. There is an overall goodness in mankind which manifests itself in many diverse ways, where it comes from is unknowable in that it seems oddly placed in a developed monkey.

What he talks about has nothing to do with goodness.

and what does 'I fear the clay there to work with is too fallible' even mean looks like an empty platitude if you can't state what areas of his text you find fallible as I am curious being Nietzschean in thought.

Back