The first snowdrops and other things twee w*nkers get excited about.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Know someone who thinks spring is here because they’ve seen one snowdrop? They’re probably excited about all this nonsense too:

The first snowdrops

Unbearably twee people rhapsodise over the first snowdrops of the year, thinking they herald the coming of spring. Sensible people just see these pathetic little flowers as a sign there are three more grey, depressing months to get through before it turns ever-so-slightly warmer.

The younger generation

Positive people believe the younger generation will find the answers to problems like climate change. They forget they’ll turn into an older generation and won’t care once they start buying cars and holidays. Plus they’ll want to feel superior to the next younger generation, eg. ‘They’d probably burst into tears if they had to use my old 30Mb broadband.’

Garden birds

‘A chaffinch has started visiting my garden!’ happy idiots delightedly exclaim. Yes, in its harsh daily struggle to avoid starvation and get nest stuff so it doesn’t freeze to death. Anyway, it’s only a bloody bird. It’s not like Jesus keeps popping round.

The nights drawing out

Cheerful bastards start harping on about the evenings getting lighter in February, despite the fact that it’s still pitch black by 6pm and you won’t actually notice any difference until March. They practically piss their pants with joy when the clocks go back, even though it’s likely to rain solidly for the next six weeks and summer will be sh** anyway.

The future

Soppy bellends are somehow able to endlessly convince themselves that things are going to get better, despite a lifetime of evidence to the contrary. Your wife’s left you and keyed the words ‘cheating ballbag scum’ on your car? Never mind, they’ll say, things can only improve from here. Not really. You might get hit by a meteorite.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
tenor.gif

And to think that I am the one usually accused of being pessimistic!
You win. Hands down.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score

Five little wins for sad, single blokes.​

ARE you a single man living out his years in grim solitude? Here are five tiny victories that come with being left on the shelf:

You can leave the loo seat up.

Every man knows it’s stupid to keep putting the toilet seat down when you’ve only got to lift it up again the next time you need a piss. Women are obsessed with keeping it shut, but thanks to your sad single status you’ll never get nagged over it like your married mates. You’re the lucky one here!

No need for fresh towels.

Women religiously put clean towels out every week or so, but what’s the point? You only ever use a towel when you’ve just showered, and are therefore as clean as you’ll ever be, so it’s impossible to get dirty. Adopting a six-monthly changing regime is more than sufficient.

You can eat what you want.

No fitting in with your partner’s latest penchant for detox days, Veganuary, or some other faddy diet regime they’re into. You can treat yourself to whatever tickles your fancy, seven days a week. Remind yourself of this as you enjoy a veritable smorgasbord of Pot Noodles, Monster Munch, and depressing roast dinner-ready meals for one.

No compromising over what to watch.

If you lived with someone else you’d be forced to sit through Bridgerton or some other mind-numbing nonsense about big dresses when you could be watching Ice Road Truckers. You’ll still find yourself staring at your phone after five minutes, but at least you’ll be ignoring the channel of your choice.

No one sees your tears.

It can get pretty miserable living out your solo existence with nobody asking if you had a good day. So when you find your eyes filling up as you wonder where your ex is nowadays, it’s great that nobody is there to see you blowing your nose on a dirty sock you found down the side of the sofa.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I know spring is here when the council restart the green wheelie bin collection service. ;)
You can leave the loo seat up.
I take issue with people insisting the toilet seat remain down. It should always be up, why? so you know how clean it is underneath. Now, some people may not care how soiled the loo seat is underneath due to people's multi-splatter bottoms, but I do! :)

S

Saphire

I know spring is here when the council restart the green wheelie bin collection service. ;)

I take issue with people insisting the toilet seat remain down. It should always be up, why? so you know how clean it is underneath. Now, some people may not care how soiled the loo seat is underneath due to people's multi-splatter bottoms, but I do! :)
Eeew.

I hate going in public loos and having to touch the seat to put it up.
At home, I put the lid down....cos I KNOW the underside is clean.

Back