TERF J. K. Rowling made patron saint of far-right internet boomers.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
OLDER middle-aged social media users who lose their minds have named J. K. Rowling their official leader.

Having dropped traditional hobbies in favour of posting ill-informed, inflammatory views on niche subjects, boomers have chosen the Harry Potter author as their approved figurehead.

Susan Traherne, aged 59, said: “Like most people my age, I started out with a some slightly bigoted posts in the Daily Mail comments section before pivoting to joining Facebook groups dedicated to conspiracy theories about Meghan Markle.

“I’ve lately branched out to Twitter where the done thing is fixating on a topic you have little understanding of, obsessively tweeting about it, and then playing the victim when people say you’re acting like a dick. It’s a lot more fun than gardening.

“And I’m thrilled that we now have spiritual protection and guidance from the Grand High Tweeter herself. It makes me feel like less of an awful person when I’m encouraging unpleasant pile-ons of minority groups.

“It’s turns out it’s true that you get more right-wing with age, and with it, more likely to say batshit mental or highly offensive things. But at least I’m saying them on Twitter, which you can switch off, rather than at the cheese counter in Tesco.”

Back