Teachers, the state sector, we salute you.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Work an average 49 hours a week. 25% work longer than 59 hours a week. 10%% work longer than 65 hours.

Managing 35+ plus often unruly pupils, their counsellor, their mother, their father, often the first positive role model in a child life. Hours of unnecessary paperwork and box ticking. 10% sacrifice time at weekends to mark work. Up to 40% work evenings. A Tory regime that pledged to cut teachers hours, but who have instead on average increased them. A teaching curriculum dictated by central government but which is constantly changing. Thousands of new teachers (and old) leaving in droves due to the poor pay and poor working conditions. Leading to increased workloads and more stress for existing teachers, and a recent survey by the National Union of Teachers suggests 45% plan to leave within the next five years. Leaking roofs and school playing fields sold to housing developers, and the list is endless. It isn't a coincidence, the Tories are in power and handing over taxpayers hard-earned money to the inefficient private sector.

Torynomics, shrinking the state, more for less. 13 years of ideological austerity slashing wages and working conditions in the public sector, hardly surprising the entire sector is in crisis, is it?

Source. John Jerrim quantitative education and social research. University College London. PISA

Kev45

Reaction score
people_are_stupid_2x-898833075.png

Kev45

Reaction score
thank-you-poems-special-teachers_235258-2579444758.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
th-3429675884.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
Education Secretary Gillian Keegan said today that it is "very disappointing" that teachers are striking over pay - while again wearing a £12,000 Rolex on TV.

Eagle-eyed social media users previously spotted the expensive timepiece on Ms Keegan's wrist, but she hit back over criticism, telling LBC radio in December: "I guess I'm supposed to never have made anything of myself, never have made any money, stayed in Knowsley.

"I don't know. It's like an inverted snobbery or something."

Back