Suicide.

S

Saphire

In England and Wales, suicide causes more deaths than anything else in adult males up to the age of 49.
In adult women, suicide is the cause of more deaths up to the age of 35.

Statistics show that 3/4 of suicides are men, and that has been the case since the mid 90's.
Why are men so depressed/unhappy, desperate nowadays?

I have a husband, son and grandsons....so do many of my friends, it's a real cause for worry.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Yes, people commit suicide over online harassment carried out by men, and the same victims are dismissed by stupids like you as "attention seekers".

Yet another insincere clickbait thread by the airhead.

S

Saphire

Shining a Light on Suicide.

"England Manager, Gareth Southgate has backed a partnership, led by the League Managers Association (LMA) and the Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, which aims to help prevent suicide - as it is rolled out across the country following a successful 2021 launch in Greater Manchester.

To kick-start the national rollout of this ground-breaking partnership, a new film has been created featuring Gareth Southgate, Andy Burnham, all 20 Premier League Managers and managers from across the EFL and WSL. The film aims to use the managers’ influence and reach to raise awareness of the free online suicide prevention training, which nearly two million people across the country have taken so far."

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes, people commit suicide over online harassment carried out by men, and the same victims are dismissed by stupids like you as "attention seekers".

Yet another insincere clickbait thread by the airhead.

Fantastic post. You hit the mark 100%.

SamBally

Reaction score
Fantastic post. You hit the mark 100%.

Absolutely.

The hatred and transphobic abuse aimed at the transgender community recently by Christopher and also the airhead, including ghastly abusive pictures posted by Christopher, which the airhead immediately gave likes to.

The abuse Christopher aims at "boat people" and refugees and immigrants in general which the airhead immediately gave likes to.

Including mocking the deaths of children in the Mediterranean.

Suicide is a real issue within the transgender, refugee and immigrant community here and now and this rabid creature has the audacity to feign FAKE concern now after posting or endorsing those vile views.

Edited: It wasn't "boat people" it was in fact "dingy people" and which his sidekicks, for some peculiar reason, found really amusing and which is why he kept posting it.

Last edited:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Absolutely.

The hatred aimed at transphobic women recently by Christopher and the airhead, including ghastly abusive pictures posted by Christopher, which the airhead immediately gave likes to.

The abuse Christopher aims at "boat" people and refugees and immigrants in general which the airhead gave likes to.

Including mocking the deaths of children in the Mediterranean.

Suicide is a real issue within the transphobic, refugee and immigrant community here and now and this rabid creature has the audacity to feign FAKE concern.

It is a far right trait, especially for uneducated cultist conspiracy theorists.

0001122.jpg

SamBally

Reaction score
It is a far right trait, especially for uneducated cultist conspiracy theorists.

I never really bought into Hell's "sidekick" theory about Christopher however 100% the airhead is one of them. The way it randomly appeared, got on with everyone, but then really quickly invented reasons to argue with just about everyone else.

The way it immediately and somewhat creepily defends Christopher even after he has posted evil wicked material.

It probably is Christopher double logged.

100% a fake.

Reaction score
Do we need permission to post anything now? A few people on this site seem to be taking it upon themselves to tell others what they can and can't post. Can't see anything anywhere about only posting content which meets the approval of a couple of chatters, can't see these chatters having any authority to stop others from posting. Could be why they resort to abuse to attempt to stop a thread.

Suicide is a serious matter, if a couple of people are going to keep abusing others then serious matters won't be discussed on this site. I have views on suicide but I'm not speaking about them here as a few chatter will take it upon themselves to hurl abuse. Which is one factor of suicide. Anyone whose ever tried committing suicide probably shouldn't comment on the matter on this site.

SamBally

Reaction score
Do we need permission to post anything now? A few people on this site seem to be taking it upon themselves to tell others what they can and can't post. Can't see anything anywhere about only posting content which meets the approval of a couple of chatters, can't see these chatters having any authority to stop others from posting. Could be why they resort to abuse to attempt to stop a thread.

Suicide is a serious matter, if a couple of people are going to keep abusing others then serious matters won't be discussed on this site. I have views on suicide but I'm not speaking about them here as a few chatter will take it upon themselves to hurl abuse. Which is one factor of suicide. Anyone whose ever tried committing suicide probably shouldn't comment on the matter on this site.

Suicide is a serious matter I agree.

I have worked in the sector.

And the people I have referred to on this thread are one of the main causes of negative attitudes regarding minority groups, collectively which are one of the main drivers of some suicide.

If you want to knock me, then get your facts right first.

In the meantime, score point elsewhere and please, stop pretending your post was anything else but that.

Last edited:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
"England Manager, Gareth Southgate has backed a partnership, led by the League Managers Association (LMA) and the Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, which aims to help prevent suicide - as it is rolled out across the country following a successful 2021 launch in Greater Manchester.

To kick-start the national rollout of this ground-breaking partnership, a new film has been created featuring Gareth Southgate, Andy Burnham, all 20 Premier League Managers and managers from across the EFL and WSL. The film aims to use the managers’ influence and reach to raise awareness of the free online suicide prevention training, which nearly two million people across the country have taken so far."
I guess that football managers and players are more qualified than Psychiatrists or Phsychologists to deal with mental problems .

Reaction score
Suicide is a serious matter I agree.

I have worked in the sector.

And the people I have referred to on this thread are one of the main causes of negative attitudes regarding minority groups, collectively which are one of the main drivers of some suicide.

If you want to knock me, then get your facts right first.

In the meantime, score point elsewhere and please, stop pretending your post was anything else but that.

I didn't mention names, your assumptions are just that and are of no relevance to anyone. As for knocking you, no I don't want to knock you, I'd prefer it if you stopped knocking everyone else. Anyone can post anything on this site and don't need your authority to do so, unless it says different elsewhere on this site. You post to knock others regardless of facts, and to score points with your bossom buddy, therefore you're in no position to demand how others treat you, unless you're a special case. Now, do you give others the approval to post on this thread? Yes or no will do else this thread may end up becoming derailled. Again.

SamBally

Reaction score
I didn't mention names, your assumptions are just that and are of no relevance to anyone. As for knocking you, no I don't want to knock you, I'd prefer it if you stopped knocking everyone else. Anyone can post anything on this site and don't need your authority to do so, unless it says different elsewhere on this site. You post to knock others regardless of facts, and to score points with your bossom buddy, therefore you're in no position to demand how others treat you, unless you're a special case. Now, do you give others the approval to post on this thread? Yes or no will do else this thread may end up becoming derailled. Again.

I made no assumptions whatsoever. I know little man and you know little man exactly who you were referring to.

You're a point-scorer who pretended to be making a serious point because you're a point-scorer. I don't knock "everyone" else at all. I tell point-scoring w@nkers like you and only point-scoring w@nkers like you, that you're a point-scoring w@nker. While you falsely and sanctimoniously lecture about treating serious subjects like 'suicide' seriously.

I will 100% expose fakes if they post topics like this.

I will 100% have my say when click baiters who spend all their time insulting other women and or transgender, refugees, immigrants, ethnic minorities, etc, post emotive subjects like suicide.

It's the waft of evil hypocrisy.

Practice what you preach.

S

Saphire

You dont need permission to post, if anything is untoward, a mod/admin will be the one to sort it, not a nasty disruptive poster.

Suicide is a serious matter, and figures are going up year on year. It's been in the news today as local mayor Andy Burnham has launched this new scheme.

S

Saphire

I guess that football managers and players are more qualified than Psychiatrists or Phsychologists to deal with mental problems .
Many people don't get as far as seeing a professional if they feel suicidal.

Reaction score
No harm in telling this I guess but I've been suicidal. I've tried the NHS services, which are near non-existant. The service doesn't get enough funding to provide much help and staff don't get paid enough and are too pressured to do too much. I ended up being registered with a Crisis Team, which has now ended due to funding or something like that. Samaritans can help if you just want to talk but that didn't solve any solutions to my problems, I still kept worrying. I was lucky, I found someone to help me but it wasn't easy to find. The help is there but its uncoordinated and relies mainly on charity.

The reasons behind suicide I'd say are mostly because of society and technology. You can be suicidal because you feel you have no purpose in life or you can be suicidal because of stress, related to stuff like money and lifestyle. Life today isn't like it used to be, in both good and bad ways.

If its the same in every region then if you feel suicidal because of a problem bothering you then you're on your own. Down to funding mainly and lack of our elected politicial representatives standing up for their constitiuents to demand more funding. Suicide is such a big thing here that the Tamar Bridge had to erect higher fencing to stop people jumping. They'll just go somewhere else to jump, where they'll be less obvious to visitors.

Those are my experiences and thoughts, only way matters involving suicide are going to change is if the matter is discussed, and those that have experienced one or both speak about their experiences. Might be a topic which should be handled with delicacy but that doesn't mean it should be avoided. Now, I shall leave the screen to others.

Last edited:
S

Saphire

Thank you Breakwake, your experience I am sure, is the same many people encounter.
It's good you finally found help, even though, as you say, it wasn't easy.

Every topic, including suicide, should be discussed more.
Perhaps the reason men are 75% more likely to commit suicide than woman, could have the connection that males are less likely to talk about problems than females.

The Samaritans can help, the new Shining a light' scheme, encouraging people to talk, could help.

It was said that sports people dont know much (I'm paraphrasing) but when Pele talked about premature ejaculation, the increase in men coming forwards for help with the problem increased dramatically.

No problem should be hidden, and everyone should feel free to ask for, and find help.

Back