Sports that shouldn't be in the Olympics

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yachting
Showjumping

Your average chap, or chap'ess doesn't have access to horses or yachts. If the sport's not open to the majority (the working-class), should it be in the Olympics?
Any others?...

sudds

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Yes I think they should.... Im very working class but I think the olympics is as much about watching as it is competing.
I totally agree some sports are for the elite...but even tennis lessons for a five yr old are beyond the reach of most working families. Its doubtful if a sports person from Cornwall would make the winter olympic curling team so many factors are involved. Rugby players almost all come from Grammar schools where Im from and no one without a thick wallet ( or daddys thick wallet) will ever become a grand prix driver...but at least the olympics let the rest of us dream.............I do however recognise the unfairness of it all:)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Kayaking on 1 knee "wtf"

The walking race .... what a load of tosh,

On right now is Golf.

Olympic fkin Golf.

The Shot put " Silverbacks throwing stones "

They need to thin it out imo :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
But it's not just elitist sports. I mean, what is football doing at the Olympics? I was reading about Salah creating enmity at Liverpool F.C because he wanted to skip pre-season training so he could play for Egypt at the games. Shouldn't the Olympics be for amateur sports?. And as for golf being an Olympic sport, the mind boggles :rolleyes: Yep, they do need scaling down.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The Norwegian team was sanctioned for playing in shorts instead of bikini bottoms. The organisers are always thinking of viewing figures and advertising revenues... So there may well have been complaints :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm just watching curling at the winter Olympics on BBC2. It has to be the most daftest sport ever, and yet, strangely hypnotic. o_O

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

The top seven Winter Olympic sports that would instantly kill you

0017.jpg

Summer and Winter Olympics are pretty similar, except one is running and jumping and throwing and the other in a wasteland of frozen death-traps.

You wouldn’t survive these:

Figure skating

What if, instead of studs, you put knives on your shoes, went out on ice, then flipped upside down? Then tried to land, in knife shoes, on f.ucking ice? You’d die and when people found out why they wouldn’t be sympathetic.

Ski jump
Going down that slope at that speed is already suicide. Launching yourself in the air? You deserve everything that’s coming to you, ie the ground, at speed.

Luge
You’ve enjoyed sledging, so going down an ice slide at 90 miles per hour will be just as much fun, yeah? Just check if you have the mental strength to get through watching it on TV first? Thought not.

Skeleton
As above, but going down the 90mph ice slide head-first. As warning, the thing you will shatter irreparably is in the title.

Ice Hockey
You wobbled your way around the rink, holding the side, last time a twat date made you go skating. Now picture yourself mid-ice but there’s a six-foot-infinity Canadian bastard jetting towards you, armed with a large stick and a small rock to fire at your teeth.

Biathlon
Also known as the Finnish Drive-By, this innocently-named sport combines the disciplines of skiing and shooting. Shooting bullets with a rifle while skiing. What could go f.ucking wrong?

Curling
When a Scottish daughter announces she wants to become a curler, her family holds a funeral for her that day. Thousands lose their lives to curling every year. But the adrenalin rush is so massive it’s worth it.

via ~ DailySlob

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
The Norwegian team was sanctioned for playing in shorts instead of bikini bottoms. The organisers are always thinking of viewing figures and advertising revenues... So there may well have been complaints :)
Never a truer word. :p

Hughie

Take these times easy.be safe.Help others.
Reaction score
Football.I just dont get that.I feel it was born on cobbled streets That smelt of Hovis and beer.But then would Netball be there.Water polo,individuality plays its part in this debate.History too.

Last edited:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well Poetry was in the Olympics until the late 1940's.
So go figure.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Well Poetry was in the Olympics until the late 1940's.
So go figure.
How about taking a Forum Chatter Down.! Or Several at once. !

Get to the REAL Nitty Gritty Stuff.

I'm up for that.

Silverymoon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
But it's not just elitist sports. I mean, what is football doing at the Olympics? I was reading about Salah creating enmity at Liverpool F.C because he wanted to skip pre-season training so he could play for Egypt at the games. Shouldn't the Olympics be for amateur sports?. And as for golf being an Olympic sport, the mind boggles :rolleyes: Yep, they do need scaling down.
The Olympics were always for amateurs only until the mid 1980s then gradually professionalism has been allowed - I preferred them when it was amateur only but there again I am an old fogey :)

L

LiveWales

Fencing. unless they actually kill them selves and the last one standing, i see no point to the sport lol

Magpie

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Anything with horses shouldn't be allowed in the olympics. Poor horse has to go on an aeroplane and get freaked out travelling half way round the world to a country that's far too hot for them and then eventually if they do win they don't even get a medal just a lot of praise.

L

LiveWales

Beach Vollyball most are nowhere near a Beach and i see no point at all in the sport

L

LiveWales

Kayaking on 1 knee "wtf"

The walking race .... what a load of tosh,

On right now is Golf.

Olympic fkin Golf.

The Shot put " Silverbacks throwing stones "

They need to thin it out imo :)
haha i havent heard that expressiion in years nice one

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Anything with horses shouldn't be allowed in the olympics. Poor horse has to go on an aeroplane and get freaked out travelling half way round the world to a country that's far too hot for them and then eventually if they do win they don't even get a medal just a lot of praise.
Well Butchering is competitive, one can win medals for it, so I dare say it is considered a sport.

We all need glue and dog food, so horses have a place ;)

Back