Sperm donor with learning difficulties fathers 15 babies.

S

Saphire

Sperm donor fathered 15 kids without telling mums he had low IQ genetic illness​

James MacDougall, 37, signed up to private sperm donations despite knowing he had a genetic condition called Fragile X syndrome which cannot be cured.
An online sperm donor fathered 15 kids without telling the mums he had a genetic condition which causes learning disabilities, a court heard.

James MacDougall, 37, advertised on a social media page for lesbian women seeking sperm donors despite knowing he had Fragile X syndrome which leads to low IQ and developmental delay.
Mr MacDougall signed up to be an online sperm donor because he knew he could not go through a clinic as he has Fragile X syndrome, the court heard.

The court heard one woman, a 25-year-old named as SW, got into contact with MacDougall after seeing his online advert.

Her child, named only as R, now three, was born in October 2018 followed by a second child, named only as P, now aged two. As a result of the genetic condition, the three-year-old is not verbal and has challenging behaviour.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Why would any woman answer an online ad for someone to be a sperm donor??
Depends on the scenario. Perhaps they are women who are more focused on their career, and haven't had time to date and get to know someone. So this method may be ideal for them. But like this story mentions, it really is like playing Russian Roulette.

S

Saphire

Depends on the scenario. Perhaps they are women who are more focused on their career, and haven't had time to date and get to know someone. So this method may be ideal for them. But like this story mentions, it really is like playing Russian Roulette.
Well, according to the report, the women were lesbians, so I imagine the idea of lying back and thinking of England didn't appeal.
There are organisations that check out sperm donors, look into their medical history before they are accepted.
Unfortunately, the women who accepted this mans sperm didn't go down that route.

S

Saphire

:rolleyes: Yes.. i'm rolling my eyes at the mindset of some women. How desperate do you have to be to get impregnated by a total stranger... do they not have a male friend that could offer assistance?
Craziness....and why would a man who knows he has an incurable disability which can be inherited, want to spread his sperm around?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
But WHY?. There are way too many unknowns. I'd NEVER advise doing this.... Career women or not...No time to date....Stay the fuc.k single then.

Kids aren't meant for you.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
One would think so.
It sounds like a seedy way to embark on one of the most important decisions in life.
One>?...

You talk like you know stuff.

You know fu.ck all.

Don't you.

S

Saphire

Selfish needs and wants. Having said this, wasn't this guy vetted by the company that took his "contributions".
Seems it was a private agreement between himself and the women who contacted him on the internet.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well, according to the report, the women were lesbians, so I imagine the idea of lying back and thinking of England didn't appeal.
There are organisations that check out sperm donors, look into their medical history before they are accepted.
Unfortunately, the women who accepted this mans sperm didn't go down that route.
Regardless of sexual orientation, it's still play with fire if you're not using a bank that doesn't check sperm donor's medical history and background. So this leads to health complications and hereditary genetic disorders.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Somenone who's focused on their careeer would have enough cash and grey matter, in order to go down thel legal route, methinks.
Not always the case. I assume there's a waiting list, so an alternative option may be tempting if that's a quicker process to get what they want.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
But WHY?. There are way too many unknowns. I'd NEVER advise doing this.... Career women or not...No time to date....Stay the fuc.k single then.

Kids aren't meant for you.
Desperation, looking for a quicker and easier route that is convenient for them. Is that selfish? I think so. It means bringing a child up without a father figure in their life, but also means they are more at work than being with their child.

S

Saphire

Desperation, looking for a quicker and easier route that is convenient for them. Is that selfish? I think so. It means bringing a child up without a father figure in their life, but also means they are more at work than being with their child.
Well as the site was for lesbians looking for donors, there would not be a father figure in the childs life anyway.
But like you said, any woman, gay, straight, or in between, is playing with fire if they use an unchecked sperm donor.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well as the site was for lesbians looking for donors, there would not be a father figure in the childs life anyway.
But like you said, any woman, gay, straight, or in between, is playing with fire if they use an unchecked sperm donor.
That's why i didn't specify their sexual orientation and just classed women as a whole. There indeed could be a situation where two lesbians or homosexual men have a fatherly or motherly figure in that child's life, whether that's a grandparent, sibling, or close friend, it doesn't always have to be biological.

bellofthedesert

Staff member
Reaction score
Craziness....and why would a man who knows he has an incurable disability which can be inherited, want to spread his sperm around?
He wanted the money.

Back