Sir Tom!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
There was talk in the media this morning of a state funeral.
What do you think?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Dong you know I love you but this is exactly what I'm talking about - Another thread created on the same subject as an existing thread. :rolleyes: No wonder the forum gets flooded and decent threads (usually mine) get ignored :) As for capt, honorary colonel, Sir Tom - it's the 'cult of the individual' so why not a statue?

B

Bad_Influence

A military funeral possibly, but not a State funeral.

B

Bad_Influence

Dong you know I love you but this is exactly what I'm talking about - Another thread created on the same subject as an existing thread. :rolleyes: No wonder the forum gets flooded and decent threads (usually mine) get ignored :) As for capt, honorary colonel, Sir Tom - it's the 'cult of the individual' so why not a statue?

If they make a statue someone will say it offends them and tear it down. So let’s go the whole hog and make him a saint. :D:D:D

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Sorry. Don't always have time to explore past numbers.
Re a statue. The promotion has gone beyond that, as I said above it is a state funeral now being considered in some quarters.
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Sir Tom came along just at the time the Nation needed a hero.
War hero, centenarian, determined walker and all round nice chap.....he fitted the bill nicely.
The media devoured him.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I think his story has been all over the Media ,

Maybe him and his family deserve some time in peace x

Back