Silly habits you live by

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There's an old saying - "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" I have my own saying - never go for your hat-trick.
I used to love cycling, then some scumbag nicked my bike. So I replaced it. Some time later that also was stolen. :mad: And I just thought no, I'm not replacing it again, I'm not going for my hat-trick.
However! In the past I've had two Galileo thermometers and accidentally broken them both. They are so blinking fragile. When they do break, tiny shards of glass go everywhere, and the liquid is... I'm not quite sure what the liquid is, but it's horrible. Anyway, yesterday I broke my own rule, I went for my hat-trick by buying another one. :rolleyes:
Do you have any silly habits that you live by?....

galileo thermometer.jpg

Kev45

Devils advocate? Contrarian ego strokers.
Reaction score
Too many to mention.

Netflix, the same film over and over again but with a different title and different actors and the same sh/it CGI.

Buying cheap tools on eBay, Allen keys etc, that shear the first time you use them and when for £10 extra you could buy a set that last 25 years. :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There's a saying 'Buy once, cry once.' I think it means buy quality, you may regret paying so much but then realise you'll only have to buy the item once. Instead of buying cheaper versions that will let you down and have to be replaced.
Well, I'm forever buying cheap rubbish, I never learn. Carpets that look lovely when they're first laid, but once they've been walked on the lush pile looks flattened and bitty... Yes, masonry drill bits that go blunt the minute you try to drill into a wall to hang something up. etc Instead of buying good quality that will last for ages.
I like you Kev, not as a friend! :) but because you're a great supporter of the forum. Many read, but few contribute. :(

Kev45

Reaction score
I like you Kev, not as a friend! :) but because you're a great supporter of the forum.

I don't blame you, I am an extremely likeable person, and I won't even mention the numerous times when you have had to bite your typing finger and not online swear at me. :)

I am a bit of a hoarder, another silly habit and probably due to my deprived childhood. I will keep odds and sods, just in case I need them sometime in the future. My house and shed is so full of useless shite, I am running out of places to hide it all. I mean, why on earth have I kept size x jeans that I will never fit into again and that went out of fashion in the 90s.

Why! o_O

Harbal

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Joining online forums seems to have become a habit with me. Buying things on impulse that I don't need is another, and I am now going to have to talk myself out of buying a Galileo thermometer. :confused:

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I won't say it's a silly habit but I always take the key with me when I go out into the back yard. There's always the chance that the wind will blow the door shut and I'll be locked out.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
Do you have any silly habits that you live by?....
is that a photo of your BONG? lmao!
I don't know if it's something I live by or more of an obsessive disorder
but I can't walk to the right of any lamppost, I always have to walk round it on the left side.
EDIT:
and I sleep on my left too, but that's because I have a big stomach bag I guess.

avy-PQV5-700b.jpg

Last edited:

Aqua1

Be your own beautiful self.
Reaction score
I won't say it's a silly habit but I always take the key with me when I go out into the back yard. There's always the chance that the wind will blow the door shut and I'll be locked out.
I do that when I go into the front garden!!

Kev45

Reaction score
Another silly habit I have, being an optimist, is being far too trusting. In one breath someone will sing your praises and in the very next breath slyly stab you in the back. ;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Better to be a pessimist, that way you'll never be disappointed and occasionally you will be pleasantly surprised. :)

Kev45

Reaction score
Another really, really silly habit I have. If I get an email saying I have won a prize on the national lottery, I never open the email until after I have scoured rightmove for a 25 acre small holding in Devon.

I have not come across one that I can buy for £2.50 yet. :(

Sun_Kissed

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Of late,,,reading the forums....some very interesting topics here and the odd chat is a bonus (I think ) ...

A_Son_of_God

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
is that a photo of your BONG? lmao!
I don't know if it's something I live by or more of an obsessive disorder
but I can't walk to the right of any lamppost, I always have to walk round it on the left side.
EDIT:
and I sleep on my left too, but that's because I have a big stomach bag I guess.

avy-PQV5-700b.jpg
After hearing a certain song, I tried to not "Pass the Dutch sheep on the left hand side". This was very difficult when I was in the Netherlands, and meant I often had to walk down the road backwards. My biggest problem was when they were on both sides of the road. I had to lie on a skateboard with my left side up, hoping I was lower than all the sheep.

Nice dog by the way, and you got quite a catch there!

Back