Should healthy people be given the Covid vaccine before they are due it?

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I noticed that Ruth Langsford, of This Morning 'fame', has openly declared that she received the Covid vaccine last Saturday.
I believe that she is 60 years of age and has NO (known) health issues.
She is therefore officially in Category 7 of the age priority/vulnerable priority groups.
Perhaps she managed to 'jump the queue' on other grounds. Let's be told what they are, if there are any.
There must be millions of people in Categories 5 and 6 who are still awaiting their vaccine.
Surely any self-respecting, public figure should have declined and offered her place to someone entitled to it before her. Personally, I don't think she has any self-respect and this incident amplifies it.

To me, it stinks and it reflects badly on the organisation of the vaccine programme.
I think there should be an enquiry into how this has occurred.

My question, therefore, is: Do you think it was fair to prioritise her receiving the vaccine?

Last edited:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I noticed that Ruth Langsford, of This Morning 'fame', has openly declared that she received the Covid vaccine last Saturday.
I believe that she is 60 years of age and has NO (known) health issues.
She is therefore officially in Category 7 of the age priority/vulnerable priority groups.
Perhaps she managed to 'jump the queue' on other grounds. Let's be told what they are, if there are any.
There must be millions of people in Categories 5 and 6 who are still awaiting their vaccine.
Surely any self-respecting, public figure should have declined and offered her place to someone entitled to it before her. Personally, I don't think she has any self-respect and this incident amplifies it.

To me, it stinks and it reflects badly on the organisation the vaccine programme.
I think there should be an enquiry into how this has occurred.

My question, therefore, is: Do you think it was fair to prioritise her receiving the vaccine?
Having had my 1st Vaccine jab and awaiting the 2nd i can understand your way of thinking but ... when i went for my jab my wife came with me as i`m quite deaf and she hears what i don`t ! The building was extremely full ,most were age of course ,but i told the GP who administered my jab that it seemed silly that my wife would have to come back again for her jab. He looked at her details ,age etc ,went off somewhere and came back to say that there were spare Vaccines and she would be back the next week for hers anyway, so he gave the jab to her too. It is a fact that the Pfizer vaccine has a life once opened of 6 hours so as there were spare ones they would only have to be thrown away. Quite a few younger people who were obviously carers of wheelchair patients were going through the system and having a jab too. It isn`t "unfair" it`s logical to be honest. I hope this settles your concern mate but it is possible that Ruth Langeford did jump the queue !

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Having had my 1st Vaccine jab and awaiting the 2nd i can understand your way of thinking but ... when i went for my jab my wife came with me as i`m quite deaf and she hears what i don`t ! The building was extremely full ,most were age of course ,but i told the GP who administered my jab that it seemed silly that my wife would have to come back again for her jab. He looked at her details ,age etc ,went off somewhere and came back to say that there were spare Vaccines and she would be back the next week for hers anyway, so he gave the jab to her too. It is a fact that the Pfizer vaccine has a life once opened of 6 hours so as there were spare ones they would only have to be thrown away. Quite a few younger people who were obviously carers of wheelchair patients were going through the system and having a jab too. It isn`t "unfair" it`s logical to be honest. I hope this settles your concern mate but it is possible that Ruth Langeford did jump the queue !

Thanks for your reply, hell2bwith76. However, it does not validate why people NOT within the aforementioned categories are being prioritised.
Why should alleged 'carers' be given the vaccine ahead of the prescribed groups? At what risk are they greater than the pending populace?
I am also very sceptical about the 'lifespan' of the Pfizer vaccine being used as an excuse to vaccinate 'accompanying adults'.
There will always be selfish people thinking they should be given priority.
Like Ruth Langsford, that smacks of 'queue jumping' to me.
That aside, I am asking the question about Ruth Langsford and NOBODY else.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Why single out Ruth Langsford?
She's not the only celeb to get the vaccine, not by a long way. Courtney Love, Nigella Lawson, Hugh Bonneville to name just three. All in their 50s, though is Nigella 60? Who knows what underlying health conditions these people may have? we'll never know! I'm sure there's all kinds of shenanigans going on to get the vaccine. Are people volunteering to help at the mass vaccination centres in the hope of getting any 'left over' vaccines? :rolleyes:

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Demographics, I don’t know where Ruth lives or is from (nor do I particularly care); some areas are working through their lists a lots quicker.

the system is not perfect, but far better than some.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
But we don't know if they're healthy or not. They certainly won't be mentioning any illnesses in public. And i understand that the rich and powerful will always be prioritised over regular working people. They'll make sure they receive their jabs before anyone else. But it's always been that way throughout history.

Back