Sensory perception / sharing

TemptingEnigma

Last time I was someone’s type I was giving blood.
Reaction score
I woke this morning with the most bizarre thought in my head. How are body experiences shared between co-joined twins.

I am guessing if they share a brain, their sensory perceptions would be very similar, but maybe not, maybe their brain(s) will be wired differently.

My warped ponderings. .... Say we have two co-jointed brothers.
If brother A slapped brother B's face who he feel the pain, or the brother, or both.

If one is performing an act of self-gratification, would the other other feel the same sensations as the brother?

Has me thinking about body boundaries and sensory perception.

Thoughts forumers ??

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I woke this morning with the most bizarre thought in my head. How are body experiences shared between co-joined twins.

I am guessing if they share a brain, their sensory perceptions would be very similar, but maybe not, maybe their brain(s) will be wired differently.

My warped ponderings. .... Say we have two co-jointed brothers.
If brother A slapped brother B's face who he feel the pain, or the brother, or both.

If one is performing an act of self-gratification, would the other other feel the same sensations as the brother?

Has me thinking about body boundaries and sensory perception.

Thoughts forumers ??
This would be different between sets of co-joined twins depending on where/how they're co-joined and what nerve structures they share.

Perhaps you should look up Brittany and Abby Hensel. They're probably the most famous co-joined twins as they reached adulthood and led fairly normal lives. There was a number of documentaries on them as they were growing up and from memory of one interview of them as older teens, when they had boyfriends, I'm sure they were asked about intimacy and sensation, etc.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's a myth

Back