Ronaldo back at Manchester United?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
This may be good for the Premier League but is it good for Man U? A superstar he undoubtedly is, but he's 36, it's hardly planning for the future. What chance do young players have at United of breaking into the first team? I heard when the transfer broke, United's share price rocketed. Football really is a business.

B

Bad_Influence

This may be good for the Premier League but is it good for Man U? A superstar he undoubtedly is, but he's 36, it's hardly planning for the future. What chance do young players have at United of breaking into the first team? I heard when the transfer broke, United's share price rocketed. Football really is a business.
The strategy worked before. Ibrahimovic was a revelation.

No doubt the Ronaldo thing is about money too though. He will generate far more than they are paying out.
I’m glad to see him back, and if the youngsters can learn from his work ethic it won’t be a bad thing.

Danny84

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You think signing one of the greatest players of all time, who's still banging in 30+ goals a season is somehow a bad thing? Its great for the youngsters at united, he will be a hero to almost all of them. I just read uniteds instagram has gained 1m followers in 24 hours. The shirt sales alone will pay for what he's gonna cost the club in wages and transfer fees. There is literally no downside lol

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I take the point about young players learning from him and hopefully they do get better and not get shipped out. Look at Danny Wellbeck, I know he didn't exactly set the league alight when he was sold it's just that I'd rather see local lads given the chance to play for the team. should build the front line around the likes of the lad Rashford...
Remember when Celtic won the European cup and every single player came from the Glasgow area? I do get it that those days are long gone. I'm just not sure that's a good thing.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
It's not just the young players.

Ronaldo will not stand for the likes of the experienced Pogba deciding what games they are up for or not. Man U has been crying out for a natural leader like Roy Keane who is not afraid to speak his mind to players like Pogba who tend to switch off during games they don't fancy.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I think the point is being missed.
He could probably play for any club he likes even at the tail end of his career,

I would much prefer he took control of our national team , maybe as a player manager ,

Ps. I know nothing about football.

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think the point is being missed.
He could probably play for any club he likes even at the tail end of his career,

I would much prefer he took control of our national team , maybe as a player manager ,

Yes, was on the news here to, but he does have.. Great cars...LOL

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Interesting point, but shouldn't managing your country be the pinnacle of your managerial career, not your first job in management?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

You can see Ronaldo is getting frustrated at Utd. I'd love to see him given the job of Player/Manager, it would be a good first step for him in management. Certainly wouldn't do any worse than Ole....
p.s we're all experts on football, or so we think :)

F

FlatLined

Managers and Coaches are not held i such high regards these days not like in Ferguson years

adam_n

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I read today he was speaking with his agent to get him the **** out of dodge.

Showing his true colours.

But can't say I blame him.

They have been woeful.

Back