Pseudo-intellectuals.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Noun. pseudointellectual: A person who claims proficiency in scholarly or artistic activities while lacking in-depth knowledge or critical understanding. A person who pretends to be of greater intelligence than he or she in fact is.
Someone who spews great amounts of garbage, interlaces it with huge words, and then expects to be accepted by the generally weak.

But enough of the forum! :rolleyes:

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Noun. pseudointellectual: A person who claims proficiency in scholarly or artistic activities while lacking in-depth knowledge or critical understanding. A person who pretends to be of greater intelligence than he or she in fact is.
Someone who spews great amounts of garbage, interlaces it with huge words, and then expects to be accepted by the generally weak.

Pseudo intellectuals are easy to debunk and expose in my experience

1. they do not debate or get into a heavy debate just try and claim a title from authority or from academic achievement
''i don't have to engage or explain my ideas as i have this title or this qualification but i am right''
2. or they usually believe in a falsehood that can be easily broken at the foundations but yet is core to their identity and by breaking that foundation with clever critiques you can destroy the ego in the process.

Last edited:
B

Bad_Influence

You’re obsession is a beautiful thing to witness MrF.

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score

It's like that saying ..."some people love to hear the sound of their own voice...and full of rhetoric" ? !! Cheers !

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
It's like that saying ..."some people love to hear the sound of their own voice...and full of rhetoric" ? !! Cheers !

BUT, are they really pseudo-intellectuals? They just might be intellectuals who give the wrong impression, or are misinterpreted. :)
The term (pseudo-intellectual) is now used as a form of abuse by various people who either do not engage in correct debate, or are, quite simply, incapable of entering into debate. One particular contributor, as well as myself, has already made reference to this ever-increasing habit.
More often than not, many Forum threads are now being abused by an identifiable minority.
Administration should frown upon this and curtail its occurrence.
I look forward to sensible discussion hereon.

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score

Whats the opposite of that?, A person who pretends to be dimmer than they actually are, then stuns with moments of brilliance. Is there a name for that? x

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Whats the opposite of that?, A person who pretends to be dimmer than they actually are, then stuns with moments of brilliance. Is there a name for that? x
yep ME!!!! lol

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I know some stuff...I personally would never copy and paste. What I say you can't just find on the net..!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
But...if you could, or should write or speak of stuff you only have a slight, or non existent, knowledge of --- boards would be even quieter!
Question..are opinions allowed?

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
But...if you could, or should write or speak of stuff you only have a slight, or non existent, knowledge of --- boards would be even quieter!
Question..are opinions allowed?
Opinions matters so YES

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Does education and knowledge actually prove a person’s intelligence ?

I’ve definitely met some amazingly educated intellectual idiots and also some uneducated people whose high intellect shines through.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Does education and knowledge actually prove a person’s intelligence ?

I’ve definitely met some amazingly educated intellectual idiots and also some uneducated people whose high intellect shines through.
i did upto senior school left at 15 took no exams no uni but i did do the uni of life .

Back