People who are struggling should work longer hours or seek a better paid job.

S

Saphire

Such a simple answer...why didn't the disabled, mothers of young children, handicapped, pensioners, unemployed, etc etc...think of that?

"CONSERVATIVE MINISTER Rachel Maclean suggested struggling families need to take on more hours and seek better paid work opportunities in order to cope with the soaring prices of the cost of living crisis."

C

ChasingRubies

She did say she sees how that wouldn't work for "some households" it shouldn't have to work for any households, imagine working 40hour weeks and still needing to work a second job just to survive, not live, survive. So ridiculous and we wonder why there is so much awful mental health and increasing suicides.

It's ok for the MPs though, they can still have their £200 brunch all expenses paid.

S

Saphire

Her crass remark is on a par with Boris's last week, when told that a pensioner rides the buses all day to keep warm because she can't afford to heat her home, he pointed out that it was him that that brought the free bus passes in.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
She did say she sees how that wouldn't work for "some households" it shouldn't have to work for any households, imagine working 40hour weeks and still needing to work a second job just to survive, not live, survive. So ridiculous and we wonder why there is so much awful mental health and increasing suicides.

It's ok for the MPs though, they can still have their £200 brunch all expenses paid.

Yet we continually vote for them.

“The government you elect is the government you deserve.”
Jefferson.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I never have and never will vote for them.o_O

Cant remember who it was who said they would vote Green..

Was it you?

lol

I always vote for independents, even back when the Monster Raving Looney party stood, I always voted for anything but the 2.5 party state.

S

Saphire

Cant remember who it was who said they would vote Green..

Was it you?

lol

I always vote for independents, even back when the Monster Raving Looney party stood, I always voted for anything but the 2.5 party state.
Yep, it was me...and I did.;)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yep, it was me...and I did.;)

You voted for the greens.

Ok, bye..

Dont talk to me ever again you tree hugging, oil hating, solar worshipping, wind farming, ffs, forgot the rest of the hate.

Just remember when your energy bill doubles again cause "Mu Green" you voted for them ;)

S

Saphire

You voted for the greens.

Ok, bye..

Dont talk to me ever again you tree hugging, oil hating, solar worshipping, wind farming, ffs, forgot the rest of the hate.

Just remember when your energy bill doubles again cause "Mu Green" you voted for them ;)
Well it stopped the Cons winning....so all is good.;)

S

Saphire

Putting people first?
Someone should tell Maclean, Johnson, and the Tory lot that are still in power.

"In particular, Schwab calls for leaders and citizens to “together shape a future that works for all by putting people first, empowering them and constantly reminding ourselves that all of these new technologies are first and foremost tools made by people for people.”

S

Saphire

I just googled and that paragraph stood out.
I have never heard of him tbh....

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I just googled and that paragraph stood out.
I have never heard of him tbh....

Technocracy, tied with eugenics.

They advertise it on thier web site lol

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
<<, tuts and raises eyes to the ceiling ....... why didt we think of this our self's ???

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Putting people first?
Someone should tell Maclean, Johnson, and the Tory lot that are still in power.

"In particular, Schwab calls for leaders and citizens to “together shape a future that works for all by putting people first, empowering them and constantly reminding ourselves that all of these new technologies are first and foremost tools made by people for people.”
Sadly, he's part of that group who believes that no one should own anything, and be grateful for it. Not a good guy at all.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The Bank Chief of the Bank Of England has recently stated that we're facing an 'Apocalypse' in food prices and inflation. But what has caused all of this? 2 years under lockdown has resulted in serious consequences for normal people, and then there's the war in Ukraine. It will all impact people's lives for years to come.

Back