Not in the News

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've been reading 'LabourHeartlands' (makes a change from 'The Sun' :) ). And they are reporting that Ukrainian President Zelensky, that champion of free speech and democracy, has banned Ukraine’s 11 remaining left-wing opposition parties. Most of the parties affected were small, but one of them, the Opposition Platform for Life, has 44 seats in the 450-seat Ukrainian parliament. This follows on from him banning three TV channels for 5 years. So it's not just RT News on the hit list! :rolleyes:

Any other hidden news items? feel free to share...

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
£400 million to secure the release of the British/Iranian woman being held as a hostage. Money well spent, I think you will all agree. :oops:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
£400 million to secure the release of the British/Iranian woman being held as a hostage. Money well spent, I think you will all agree. :oops:
I think you may have left out a lot of the money which was owed to Iran for other reasons ,not just to free that woman ?.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm just hoping they spend the money helping the Iranian people with humanitarian aid, and not to buy weapons :rolleyes: Which is why we were reluctant to repay the money in the first place.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
She put herself in danger, she knew the risks, now she’s released she wants to blame the people who got her released. I see a new Labour Party candidate in the making.

Well she was a former BBC Media Action employee, then moved to the TRF, both of which are classifed as "Change Agents".

They find people who are against the current government structure and train them in media portrayal of thier struggles.

Hardly suprised she was arrested.

All of course backed by the Uk Foriegn Office lol

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Bus. Under. Thrown.
And now it’s cost us £400m so that Starmer and co can virtue signal. :mad:

Nothing compared to the Billions of Dollers Obama threw at Iran to try to stop them getting involved in Iraq and Afghanistan lol

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Man who asks for the manager after 6 minutes on hold insists Nazanin should be grateful for release after 6 years in prison

''I want to speak
to your manager''

Despite the fact he often asks to ‘speak to the manager’ when he is kept on hold for more than five minutes, a man has taken to social media this morning to call Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe ‘ungrateful’ after she complained about five foreign secretaries over six years failing to secure her release from Iran,

Zaghari-Ratcliffe told a press conference yesterday that “what’s happened now should have happened six years ago”, with her comments were seen by any right-minded individual as ‘entirely correct’. However, some sections of society have decided to criticise her as being ‘ungrateful’, even suggesting the nation should ‘send her back’.

One such individual, Kryst Offphoor, told us, “She should be grateful we got her out at all. I don’t care that she’s a British citizen who should expect her government to do everything in its power to secure her release from despotic regimes, the fact they got out of there eventually should be enough for her to spend the rest of her days bowing at the feet of whoever is Foreign Secretary this week.”

However, when it was pointed out that Offphoor has an extensive track record of asking to see the manager when presented with minor inconveniences, he told us, “That’s very different.

“Everyone knows that minor inconveniences are the ones you should complain about – it’s the major ones about which you should express public gratitude when they’re fixed. The bigger the inconvenience, the smaller the complaint should be – everyone knows that.

“Yes, I asked for the manager and complained when BT kept me on old for six minutes – and why shouldn’t I? That was a minor inconvenience to me, and therefore fully worthy of a significant complaint.

“And yes, I complained loudly and often to the supermarket manager during the two years in which I was asked by his staff to wear a mask for about half an hour while I did my shopping. It was inhumane, so of course I complained.

“Are you now suggesting I should be grateful that those mask restrictions have been removed? Don’t be ridiculous. I should never have been subjected to such a despotic mask regime in the first place.

“But that’s very different to Nazanin. Six years in an Iranian jail is nothing compared to two years of being asked to wear a mask in Tesco, so she has nothing to complain about.”

via ~ DailyHippyCritt

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
President Zalensky addressed the Japanese parliament today. Banging on about a surprise attack on the country. Some immediately thought of
Pearl Harbour, can't think why....
While the world deals with Ukraine, the Taliban have announced that girls cannot go to school. So much for their promise that it will be different this time, and there's nothing anyone can do about it :(

S

Saphire

President Zalensky addressed the Japanese parliament today. Banging on about a surprise attack on the country. Some immediately thought of
Pearl Harbour, can't think why....
While the world deals with Ukraine, the Taliban have announced that girls cannot go to school. So much for their promise that it will be different this time, and there's nothing anyone can do about it :(
The world is such a horrible place for so many at this moment in time.

Back