Nizoral shampoo

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I'm not one to moan.... as you all know ;)

But I'm not a happy bunny and don't like what they did to Nizoral shampoo :mad:

I do take to the water a fair bit and pick up the odd skin infection on my head from all the nasty's in the water. In the past I just pop down Boots and got a bottle of Nizoral for about £6.

And it looked like this:

1718608913725.png

But they have change the range to this

1718609028988.png

Well you'd think it was just new packaging but its not. In the past it was 2% Ketoconazole and this new Nizoral isn't.

Ketoconazole is an antifungal medicine. It's used to treat skin infections caused by a fungus (yeast). It can also prevent them coming back.

So I pick up a bottle of Boots own brand stuff for a fiver and its not the same.

1718609570330.png

So I've been force to buy a bottle of Ketocip online.

1718610105564.png

In the past week I've spend about £30 trying out new shampoo just cos one company decided to "alter" there product so they can sell more !!
If you had a good product like the old Nizoral why change it? Once people find out it wont work they wont buy it.

Muppz

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not one to moan.... as you all know ;)

But I'm not a happy bunny and don't like what they did to Nizoral shampoo :mad:

I do take to the water a fair bit and pick up the odd skin infection on my head from all the nasty's in the water. In the past I just pop down Boots and got a bottle of Nizoral for about £6.

And it looked like this:

View attachment 15676

But they have change the range to this

View attachment 15677

Well you'd think it was just new packaging but its not. In the past it was 2% Ketoconazole and this new Nizoral isn't.

So I pick up a bottle of Boots own brand stuff for a fiver and its not the same.

View attachment 15678

So I've been force to buy a bottle of Ketocip online.

View attachment 15681

In the past week I've spend about £30 trying out new shampoo just cos one company decided to "alter" there product so they can sell more !!
If you had a good product like the old Nizoral why change it? Once people find out it wont work they wont buy it.
I get this on prescription for my scalp Ill have to check out what they give me this time round !

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Manufacturers are constantly changing their products and it's hard to understand why. Presumably they have found a way to make it with cheaper ingredients.

Back