NEW HERE

Oldamerican

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Not new to the UK my fiftieth year as of July. For the first time in many years I find myself alone. Oh I,m still married, but sadly my dear wife has vascular dementia thus living in a local care centre and to make matters worse this covid has meant I've seen her rarely since last April. Anyone familiar with this horrible disease knows there is no cure and she will Not be coming back home which makes a two bedroom apartment near the Essex coast an extremely lonely place. I've looked after her because of her poor health for many years, but I'm also a realist and know I have no future with her. I,m hoping chatting to members will help cheer me up and perhaps establish new friendships with equally lonely people is a similar situation to me. Thank You and hope to Chet with you.

Drewjitsu80

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Not new to the UK my fiftieth year as of July. For the first time in many years I find myself alone. Oh I,m still married, but sadly my dear wife has vascular dementia thus living in a local care centre and to make matters worse this covid has meant I've seen her rarely since last April. Anyone familiar with this horrible disease knows there is no cure and she will Not be coming back home which makes a two bedroom apartment near the Essex coast an extremely lonely place. I've looked after her because of her poor health for many years, but I'm also a realist and know I have no future with her. I,m hoping chatting to members will help cheer me up and perhaps establish new friendships with equally lonely people is a similar situation to me. Thank You and hope to Chet with you.
Hello, I'm very moved by your post, I hope you are well and keeping good spirits

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I find this is a really touching and heartfelt post. I hope you find some kind of peace and tranquility through whatever you do. i know the people who do read this will be able to relate in some shape or form. And this is what brings people together, and how relationships are built, through shared experiences and difficult times.

Back