Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
People always say to me Nascar is boring and F1 is where it's at ,

Let's take a look at this.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Ok F1 ...... after the start nothing happens.

And i mean nothing.

Hamilton's car is way way better than anyone else's ....

A line of expensive cars following each other lol unable to overtake because of disturbed air created by the Aero from the ridiculous Aeroplane wings.

How boring.

Last edited:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Nascar.

Build a track where the cars can go as fast as possible and let them overtake.

Let's have a race.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Oh and by the way .....

Nascar fans see the cars all of the time.

The boring f1 procession passes by once a lap........

B

Bad_Influence

Dammit, that’s a good deal of evidence. I used to like F1 right up to the point when they took the knee, so anything derogatory you have to say about F1.... carry on. :D

B

Bad_Influence

But if you tell anyone I said that I’ll deny it. Lol

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
They have the fan-base do F1 and the technology but they fcuked it up.

The cars do not even look fast anymore ,

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
can honestly say not a big fan of either but Nascar far out ranks F1 for watchability its so much more down to earth easy to watch

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember when F1 was dangerous, Now what do we have? an orderly procession of cars following Lewis Hamilton round and round, it is the pits! The obsession in F1 these days is with safety, what's with that halo cage they've put in front of the driver's head? Nascar v F1 there's no comparison. Nascar v IndyCar, maybe. .. . .

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember when F1 was dangerous, Now what do we have? an orderly procession of cars following Lewis Hamilton round and round, it is the pits! The obsession in F1 these days is with safety, what's with that halo cage they've put in front of the driver's head? Nascar v F1 there's no comparison. Nascar v IndyCar, maybe. .. . .

Indy car is ok but does not have the popularity of Nascar ,

The Indy series used to run along side a breakaway series called "Champ Car" , Then it was a great series , this is the series that bought Juan Pablo Montoya to F1 , He had some mega battles with Schuey when Williams were a force with the BMW power-plant.

Apart from the Indy 500 They don't have an awful lot to shout about

The Daytona 500 has outsold the Indy 500 for the last four years.

I thought i'd use the 2 most followed series as the Topic.

Indy cars are similar to F1 but do not carry nearly as much technology as the F1 cars and are more about raw power and Aero for the Ovals , When these guys wreck it's full on mess ,
Recently the Brit Dan Wheldan was killed in a horrific accident as his car was ripped apart by a catch fence , Also the Scot , Dario Franchetti had to retire with horrific injuries,

They did try covering the rear wheels on the Indy cars as the accidents are always when one car rear ends another and gets thrown up into the air.

Don't know if you have seen but they now have Fighter jet style cockpits and they are safer , F1 will also when they have finished messing about with the ridiculous Halo""

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
06-23-Sage-GMR-Grand-Prix.jpg https___beyondtheflag.com_wp-content_uploads_getty-images_2016_04_1254123241.jpeg

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
The British Touring Car Series is Mega ,

Although this series was introduced mainly as a "Car showroom" for the main car dealers in this country it does produce a lot of awesome racing.

The main thing about this series is that the cars are kept as close to the road going versions as possible and this promotes close racing.

The aerodynamics on these cars is minimal and although they do accelerate very fast their top speed is only the same as your average road car,

I seem to remember a Brit called Andy Rouse who made this series very popular in his Various Ford Cosworths ,

I also remember those Volvo Estate T5's winning race after race in the hands of Ricard Rydell ,

This is an awesome series that promotes racing and fan involvement and the budget remains capped making it very fair also ,

You get to see who the real drivers are as opposed to F1 ,

We all know Lewis Hamilton is a fab driver i'd rather see him battling in a car that is not streets ahead of the rest.

Love the BTCC x

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I have to also mention the Australian V8 Supercar series ,

These guys know how to put on a show for real,

A lot like the BTCC but more power.

If you like touring car racing it is deffo worth checking out.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
None of the above. MOTOGP Rules...

So i guess you saw the Nasty accident between Zarco and Morbidelli in Spain ??

The 2 bikes could of easily killed Valentino Rossi and his team mate ,

But yeah another great series on "Two wheels"

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
There's more fun in watching the traffic on the M1. At least there might be a crash or two!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
There's more fun in watching the traffic on the M1. At least there might be a crash or two!

Hmmm you sure ???

M

mario2

I find F1 very repetitive, too sanitized etc etc ,used to watch indycar a lot but for me MOTOGP is where the action is, less politics and the riders are not robots like the F1 lot.
Im a biker myself so am fully aware of the danger of the sport .

Back