My new electric tooth brush

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I drop in my electric toothbrush in the loo for the 15th time it's decided to stop working so I've had to buy a new one o_O

1717587680203.png

That's my old one. I'm sure it was only £18 on a deal in tesco a few years back.

1717587903147.png

And this is the replacement. I got it in Boots for £39.99 on a deal.

The big change I've noticed with this is it doesn't need one of those silly 2 pin plugs. It's USB and I can just plug it into all the other USB charger thingy's that's lying around the house. The box me that it needs charging once a month compared to my old one that needed it during once a week so I'm quite happy about that.

I have to admit that these sonic electric toothbrushes do clean better than the others I'm not sure why they just do.

A friend of mines got the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean but at £300 I'm ever going to buy it. He did let me try it out and ask me for a tenner for a new head. It does a really good job and I think it's well worth the money.... but I'm just too cheap to spend that kind of cash on an electric toothbrush.

1717588240364.png

Thinking back to when I brought my first one back in the 80s I think back then it cost me £70. The design hasn't changed that much since then what I do think the sonic brushes are better and if you're looking to replace one this year have a think about the sonics. You can find them online for less than £40 and they do seem to clean better ;)

Last edited:

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Mine cost £5 and works off batteries. I obviously do my shopping in a different store.

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh you got rip off. Savers sell them for £2.99 ;)

1717655242935.png

I have a feeling you can't change the heads on theses, but I could be wrong :oops:

I've had a poke around on the internet and this morning and this at £25. (I did see one at tescos for £14.99 but the reviews were shocking o_O)

1717657961029.png

What happens if you don't change your toothbrush?

It affects its ability to remove food particles and bacteria effectively. These can lead to tooth decay, cavities, bad breath, and gum diseases. Dentists recommend we replace toothbrush every 3 to 4 months will minimize the risks of these dental conditions.

If you brought 4 per year from Savers and packet of battery's from the pound shop that would be about £14.

If brought a rechargeable like the Oral-b electric toothbrush and a pack of 8 heads from amazon for £7 that would be about £32 for the first year and then £3 each year after.

The cost for 5 years of the battery one from Savers would be £70

If you keep the rechargeable for 5 years the cost would be £44.

So you would save about £26 over 5 years using the rechargeable and product less waste. Its the "green" route ;)

I use to buy my heads from Tescos for £1.50 for 2.

1717657727181.png

You really need to shop around for a new electric toothbrush. Prices go up and down all the time. The Ordo that brought at the weekend for £40 at Boots sells for £52 on amazon. Always look for a deal ;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I remember father denigrating electric toothbrushes as the height of laziness but he was wrong, they do clean your teeth better.
I use battery ones, £3 from Asda. The brush contains non-replaceable batteries which are designed to last the lifetime of the brush (around 3 months) . The brush head is also not replaceable. So yes... it works out at £12 a year. Insignificant really when I'm now paying £70 odd quid just for a check-up as I can't get an NHS dentist! :mad:
Note my choice of colour... Black, suits my mood these days. Painted Black! :eek:
Wistoothbrush - Copy.JPG

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Well that's a bit of a planet killer and waste of money o_O

No wonder you want to leave the country.... endless people SHAMING you for buying that must be hell :oops:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Steady on!
My toothbrush batteries are neither here nor there, they're certainly not going to end life on planet Earth. Now, if I was running an electric car...
have you seen the size of the batteries in them!? :eek:

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
An estimated 20,000 tonnes of old household batteries end up in landfill every year :oops:

I bet most of them came from cheap fuckers buying disposable electric toothbrushes !!!!

Back